• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboy Signings

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I call BS on his explanation. He was highly involved last season and would have been this season
I think Cobb is just doing what everyone does and saying all the right things like he should. Every time a player signs we hear "Team A" was my number one choice when we all know it's all about the Benjamins, just like it is with Dak and Byron Jones and every other player that signs that is looking for that big deal and that's how it should be. Heck, that's what I would do too. Maybe once you have made your paper like some players you start to look for those Championships or School Districts or perfect spots and the such but I'm sure if we offered Cobb $1M more per year he'd still be here because he seemed really happy here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not a few million, it's more like $150M and while we aren't in the room of course, from all accounts Dak has been offered a more than fair contract. I'm not sure his leadership isn't taking a little hit looking like he is going for every penny and if he holds out you can be darned sure it will take a hit when the team seems to have a deal on the table of somewhere around $170M. This team has been taken to the woodshed by players lately who all walk out with eye popping contracts by drawing a line in the sand. Nothing wrong with doing what's best for the team when also offering a huge deal to the player in question while saying over and over how he is their guy (just like with Zeke who they proved it with their checkbook) and thus in now way allowing their intentions to be questioned. Recently we are hearing things like "highest paid player ever". As far as the window goes this team is not at all in win now mode. They aren't even close right now. They are young and should be better on a couple of years than they are today.

The ball is in Dak's hands. Come play Football and be the richest (or top 2 maybe) guy in the league or watch your team go through training camp and learn a new Offense without you. The idea players have no role in these standoffs are pervasive and inaccurate and it isn't always the team looking like the bad guy.
everything being said in Dallas is it's not the money, it's the term. 4 years Vs 5 years. Jerry always caves cause he's in win now mode. The new staff is in win now mode. The players are in win now mode

as to the bold....they were in win now mode going into the 2019 season. They were expected to take the next step after the 2018 season. They shit the bed but they doesn't mean they now rebuild and try again in two years. The contract given to Cooper should tell you that. I think they are as close as they've been in years now that they changed coaching staffs. I don't see another NFC team with so much more talent to say they are two years away from competing. We'll see but I think you're wrong about this team not being close. I guess that's cause you put your stock in the 2019 results while I see this team more the 2018 with better coaching who will scheme and disguise much better than Garrett's staff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything being said in Dallas is it's not the money, it's the term. 4 years Vs 5 years. Jerry always caves cause he's in win now mode. The new staff is in win now mode. The players are in win now mode

as to the bold....they were in win now mode going into the 2019 season. They were expected to take the next step after the 2018 season. They shit the bed but they doesn't mean they now rebuild and try again in two years. The contract given to Cooper should tell you that. I think they are as close as they've been in years now that they changed coaching staffs. I don't see another NFC team with so much more talent to say they are two years away from competing. We'll see but I think you're wrong about this team not being close. I guess that's cause you put your stock in the 2019 results while I see this team more the 2018 with better coaching who will scheme and disguise much better than Garrett's staff
"Win now" is normally used when you have an aging team or are about to have to overhaul it due to cap or some other reasons or when you go all in because the window is closing for some reason or you think you are one of the couple of favorites and won't be for long. That isn't this team. The whole NFC kind of stinks so there is a chance we can be in the mix but it is far from what I would categorize as win now. With a great draft or a splash FA signing they could be right at the top of a weak NFC, but in general I see this team as being better in 2021 than they are today

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I call BS on his explanation. He was highly involved last season and would have been this season
He should have been thrown to more often as he was usually open and caught almost every ball thrown to him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Jerry will sign Dak to a long term deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been thrown to more often as he was usually open and caught almost every ball thrown to him.
I am a huge Cobb fan going back to his first few years in the league but he had 83 targets last year in 15 games (really 14 1/2 games). On a team with Cooper, Gallup and Cobb and that likes to run the ball that is about as much as could be expected.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Win now" is normally used when you have an aging team or are about to have to overhaul it due to cap or some other reasons or when you go all in because the window is closing for some reason or you think you are one of the couple of favorites and won't be for long. That isn't this team. The whole NFC kind of stinks so there is a chance we can be in the mix but it is far from what I would categorize as win now. With a great draft or a splash FA signing they could be right at the top of a weak NFC, but in general I see this team as being better in 2021 than they are today
that's all fine in well...I've always seen teams as in it to win or rebuilding cause they don't have the talent to compete. In today's NFL, Dallas has as much talent as any other team, thus they are in win now mode

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why I said all things considered makes it pretty good

I agree. Would have made a better push to keep Quinn but he got paid something I am not so sure i would have matched.

I like the signings and love the new TE aquision.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Would have made a better push to keep Quinn but he got paid something I am not so sure i would have matched.

I like the signings and love the new TE aquision.
So what now. Are we done with free agency or do we still sign a center, de and safety?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what now. Are we done with free agency or do we still sign a center, de and safety?
hard to say. Maybe they push to sign Dak, free some additional cash and sign a DE or safety. Don't see a center worthy and think they have two candidates on the roster with the likely hood of drafting another.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray to the draft Gods again.

I see us drafting D. Throughout the draft so I hope a few stick. Also hanging on to the hope Hill can turn it up a few notches and Randall the bogart Gregory gets reinstated.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say. Maybe they push to sign Dak, free some additional cash and sign a DE or safety. Don't see a center worthy and think they have two candidates on the roster with the likely hood of drafting another.
Dak is killing us in the cap until he decides enough is enough.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have done better in FA than previous off seasons. It sucked to lose Jones and Quinn,but I still think the defense could be improved by stocking up on DBS in the draft. The common denominator in most of the losses was the porous run defense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is killing us in the cap until he decides enough is enough.
I don't understand how you can say this. Dak didn't tag himself and certainly has the right to get better than wentz, golf & Cousins. He's the next man up and thats how QB contracts are going. Also....Dak isn't doing anything that he shouldn't be doing. He's listening to his representation. He bet on himself and won.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny that fans want Dak to take a discount after outperforming his contract big time the last 4 years. Romo didn't take a discount...why should Dak?