• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak wants big contract

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in evaluations. Average = same as the majority of subordinates. Adequate = OK, but I'll replace you with the next able body.
Well this isn't fact, but whatever you wanna believe.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me·di·o·cre
/ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
synonyms: ordinary, common, commonplace, indifferent, average, middle-of-the-road, middling, medium, moderate, everyday, workaday, tolerable, passable, adequate, fair

I'd say this describes someone who is performing in the middle of the pack among his peers, no? That would be Dak.
Come on...I guess it depends which words you want to bold. Mediocre is NOT generally used by people to mean average and of course tolerable, adequate and passable aren't exactly screaming 16th best QB in the league (plus there are probably 80 QBs in the NFL). Dak is a very good QB. See him as you wish. It doesn't mean much to me what a Browns fan thinks of a Cowboy QB. Why you have given your opinion on him what seems like a hundred times in this thread is perplexing to say the least and this "mediocre" line of thinking is standard for PE and his backhanded "compliments" of Cowboys. Never fear, we will find a way to get through the day and enjoy Dak's 3rd Division title in 4 years.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a statistical standpoint, he's the definition of mediocrity - regularly somewhere around 10th-19th in stats like yards, TDs, rating, YPA, etc. Anyone who thinks he's a top 10 QB is lying to themselves or are still living in 2016.

He's capable of being a top 10 QB, but he's not there yet. He will likely have a few years like 2016, but not consistently.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on...I guess it depends which words you want to bold. Mediocre is NOT generally used by people to mean average and of course tolerable, adequate and passable aren't exactly screaming 16th best QB in the league (plus there are probably 80 QBs in the NFL). Dak is a very good QB. See him as you wish. It doesn't mean much to me what a Browns fan thinks of a Cowboy QB. Why you have given your opinion on him what seems like a hundred times in this thread is perplexing to say the least and this "mediocre" line of thinking is standard for PE and his backhanded "compliments" of Cowboys. Never fear, we will find a way to get through the day and enjoy Dak's 3rd Division title in 4 years.
Mediocre is frequently used to mean average. It's a frickin synonym for it. I didn't make those up, look in a thesaurus.

Dak is a decent QB. He's not top 10. Maybe he'll get there some time, but he's definitely not there yet. What difference does it make that I'm a Browns fan? Are you only allowed to talk about your favorite team? Do team fans not follow other players and other teams in your mind?

I'm not saying anything about Dak to be complimentary, nor am I saying anything to tear him down. I'm stating objectively what kind of QB he is. I've said multiple times I think he's a great guy and I wouldn't hate having him on my team, but that doesn't change the fact that from a performance standpoint, he's middle of the road among NFL starters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's capable of being a top 10 QB, but he's not there yet. He will likely have a few years like 2016, but not consistently.
I think that is fair. I personally see him as right outside the top 10 right now, but I also can see people that have him ranked in the 15-19 range. We all have our opinions. I think the issue is more when people come forward with the regurgitated argument of the OL, defense and Zeke is why the Cowboys are winning as if Dak plays no role that is silly and this is clearly from people that don't watc hteh Cowboys games or are just trolling. Plus using TDs thrown over and over is dumb when he isn't asked to throw as much in the red zone. At least use total TDs if you are going to pretend to be objective. The man stays on the field and wins games and he does so when all else is breaking down around him; that's what matters to me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well could, but there's also a real chance that 2016 was a fluke and he may just end up being an Alex Smith-type player who's going to manage the game, make a few plays sometimes, and not lose it for you, but he's also not capable of taking a team on his shoulders and out-dueling the elite QBs or elite defenses.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre is frequently used to mean average. It's a frickin synonym for it. I didn't make those up, look in a thesaurus.
Come on, that's total BS. Just the fact that you are posting a written definition of it proves it. The connotation a word takes on is not based on it's formal definition, but rather on how it is used and perceived on a daily basis and especially when it comes to informal usage such as a message board and mediocre has a negative spin in common usage and especially when pertaining to athletics.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is fair. I personally see him as right outside the top 10 right now, but I also can see people that have him ranked in the 15-19 range. We all have our opinions. I think the issue is more when people come forward with the regurgitated argument of the OL, defense and Zeke is why the Cowboys are winning as if Dak plays no role that is silly and this is clearly from people that don't watc hteh Cowboys games or are just trolling. Plus using TDs thrown over and over is dumb when he isn't asked to throw as much in the red zone. At least use total TDs if you are going to pretend to be objective. The man stays on the field and wins games and he does so when all else is breaking down around him; that's what matters to me.
This isn't true. In 2018 he had the 14th most red zone pass attempts, and 16th most inside the 10. That's tied with Kirk Cousins and more than Matt Stafford, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, and several others. Dak had fewer TD passes than all of them but Stafford.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, that's total BS. Just the fact that you are posting a written definition of it proves it. The connotation a word takes on is not based on it's formal definition, but rather on how it is used and perceived on a daily basis and especially when it comes to informal usage such as a message board.
LOL so me posting literal synonyms from a thesaurus shows that it's bullshit? Dude, you're just wrong. It's not a big deal, and this argument over semantics isn't proving any point for you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't true. In 2018 he had the 14th most red zone pass attempts, and 16th most inside the 10. That's tied with Kirk Cousins and more than Matt Stafford, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, and several others. Dak had fewer TD passes than all of them but Stafford.
So some guys that didn't play 16 games? How many pass attempts from the 1 yard line as compared to the 8 where it's easier to throw a TD pass? And how many game breakers did Dallas have the first half of the year? I gave you the stats once we got Amari but you came up with some ridiculous way to pretend those didn't mean anything too. You have an anti Dak bias. I don't think it's because you dislike him. I think you dug your heels in the ground on a message board for some bizarre reason and now just dig deeper. You are obsessed with Dak at this point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so me posting literal synonyms from a thesaurus shows that it's bullshit? Dude, you're just wrong. It's not a big deal, and this argument over semantics isn't proving any point for you.
Yes. It is bull shit. You know it's bull shit and you know that calling an athlete or team mediocre is a negative or you don't follow sports.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning is still the name of the game. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, but how many SB's has he won?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some guys that didn't play 16 games? How many pass attempts from the 1 yard line as compared to the 8 where it's easier to throw a TD pass? And how many game breakers did Dallas have the first half of the year? I gave you the stats once we got Amari but you came up with some ridiculous way to pretend those didn't mean anything too. You have an anti Dak bias. I don't think it's because you dislike him. I think you dug your heels in the ground on a message board for some bizarre reason and now just dig deeper. You are obsessed with Dak at this point
Dude. You brought up passing in the red zone and provided stats that proved you wrong. There's no obsession here. I'm stating facts over and over again. Your Cowboys fandom is obviously a part of why you love him so much, but no matter how you cut it he's not a top 10 QB and shouldn't be paid as such. That's what this all boils down to.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well could, but there's also a real chance that 2016 was a fluke and he may just end up being an Alex Smith-type player who's going to manage the game, make a few plays sometimes, and not lose it for you, but he's also not capable of taking a team on his shoulders and out-dueling the elite QBs or elite defenses.

Point taken, that's possible. At this point, I rank him as above average. That means top 15.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It is bull shit. You know it's bull shit and you know that calling an athlete or team mediocre is a negative or you don't follow sports.
That is strictly your opinion. Sorry I have a better grasp on the English language than you. That's your problem, not mine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, that's possible. At this point, I rank him as above average. That means top 15.
I'd say it's fair to say he's right around 14th/15th right now, sure. That's fine. At the end of the day, this whole conversation is about him being paid like a top 5/top 10 player, which he just isn't.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a major injury in College as well and isn't it still not known if he will be healthy for the start of next year? Backs can be chronic. It's what kept me out of the NFL.

No. Just saw an article yesterday about his back. Plus I’ve never seen anything about him not being ready for this year. Where did you hear that?
Backs can be a bitch... I know mine is

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it's fair to say he's right around 14th/15th right now, sure. That's fine. At the end of the day, this whole conversation is about him being paid like a top 5/top 10 player, which he just isn't.

He may get the money though. Everyone overpays QB's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may get the money though. Everyone overpays QB's.
Oh sure, I'm not saying it's impossible by any means. I'm just saying (as I have said this whole time) that he simply doesn't deserve it.