• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has apparently turned down 33 mil a year looking for 34 to 35 a year. Now didn't the Cowboy's just lock up Zeke to a big deal? So if they pay Zeke and Dak how much of a cap hit is that? And how did the Dallas playoff run go last year with those two? Are the Cowboy's better off looking at other options? Will this start the Brady to Dallas talk?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's outrageous that a player would put a 3% higher salary over loyalty to his team. The Cowboys have done a great job surrounding him with weapons and an elite offensive line. If he wants to throw his ego around over $1-2m when you're offering him $33m, I'd tell him to eat shit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's outrageous that a player would put a 3% higher salary over loyalty to his team. The Cowboys have done a great job surrounding him with weapons and an elite offensive line. If he wants to throw his ego around over $1-2m when you're offering him $33m, I'd tell him to eat shit.
I too am getting the same vibe as you.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay him, he totally deserves it. He’s even giving them a home town discount.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay him, he totally deserves it. He’s even giving them a home town discount.
So then if they do how much cap space do he and zeke eat up. Then consider how does signing him make the team more playoff competitive?

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then if they do how much cap space do he and zeke eat up. Then consider how does signing him make the team more playoff competitive?

A huge chunk of it, but he’s definitely worth it. You can’t be playoff competitive without the QB position locked down. They can draft for everybody else. They need to PAY DAK!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge chunk of it, but he’s definitely worth it. You can’t be playoff competitive without the QB position locked down. They can draft for everybody else. They need to PAY DAK!
So they paid Zeke last year, the want to pay Dak this year and together they could not make the playoffs just curious how it improves the team? Seems to me it restricts them from getting better?

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they paid Zeke last year, the want to pay Dak this year and together they could not make the playoffs just curious how it improves the team? Seems to me it restricts them from getting better?

You gotta lock the QB down. You can scout and draft for cheaper available positions to fill out the team. But if you don’t have the QB, especially one the caliber of Dak, then the boys are screwed. They need to break the bank for him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this drags long enough for Mahomes to completely shatter the QB contract market and force Cowboys to pay Dak 40M a year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans made the AFC Title Game, beating two of the three best teams in the AFC on the road, with a QB that most people had completely written off before the season.

The year before, the Colts went to the divisional round with Jacoby Brissett.

The year before that, the Jags went to the AFC CCG and almost the Super Bowl with Blake Bortles. The Eagles won the SB with a career backup journeyman.

Unless your QB is a legitimate elite game-breaker, you are wasting money.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has a huge advantage in signing players as there's no state income tax in Texas. Dak should keep that in mind. If another team in a high tax state paid him more, he'd likely end up with less.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this drags long enough for Mahomes to completely shatter the QB contract market and force Cowboys to pay Dak 40M a year.

I'm kind of getting the sense this what will happen honestly. Dak holds all the cards here

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans made the AFC Title Game, beating two of the three best teams in the AFC on the road, with a QB that most people had completely written off before the season.

The year before that, the Jags went to the AFC CCG and almost the Super Bowl with Blake Bortles. The Eagles won the SB with a career backup journeyman.

That Sir is amazingly well put.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay the man Jerry. Dak deserves to be the highest paid running back in...wait, what?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel more strongly about saying that about a running back than a QB.

If I'm Dallas, I'd be much more comfortable paying Prescott than Elliott. Lots of capable running backs around the league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, if you want a dynasty and think you have a star...pay him the big bucks. I love Dak, watched him play for a long time now, but he isn't a star and he isn't worth $35/year. But the other problem is..what other options do the Cowboys have. I mean Tannehill with the Titans was just a blessing in disguise and it worked out, for at least one year. The Cowboys want that franchise guy that can win you games for over a decade...gotta look somewhere else sometime soon bc Dak and his $35M will not win you a SB. But since he is a QB...I would choose him over Zeke but they already paid Zeke so you gotta pay Dak and hope for the best, I guess

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than the Eagles, none of those teams actually Won the Bowl, and most of them had a short stint. Anybody can catch lightning in a bottle. But If you don’t have an elite QB, you better build one hell of a team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mission accomplished!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol we all hope they’re dumb enough.