• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was a huge win. Dak could fall off a cliff and I'd still like this deal. It's very team-friendly. The man is a true leader. He didn't have to do what he did for our cap situation this year but he did it anyway.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was a huge win. Dak could fall off a cliff and I'd still like this deal. It's very team-friendly. The man is a true leader. He didn't have to do what he did for our cap situation this year but he did it anyway.
what did he do for our cap situation? From what you read The guy is getting $75M in cash in the first year. He deserves it, but let’s not pretend he did this for our cap situation.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he do for our cap situation? From what you read The guy is getting $75M in cash in the first year. He deserves it, but let’s not pretend he did this for our cap situation.
I have to laugh haven't heard from him in months. I really think he is related to Dak lol. All good!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh haven't heard from him in months. I really think he is related to Dak lol. All good!
Why are you laughing? Because I don't come on here and argue about the same shit everyday? I'm sorry, I'm not gonna spend months arguing with armchair GMs about what Dak deserves and doesn't deserve. You talking about me being related to Dak. If I were related to Dak, wouldn't I be here every fucking day defending him instead of being gone for months? Wouldn't I be pushing that agenda hard everyday? I don't. There are way more people who push their love or hate Dak agendas than I do. I come here and post stats and videos that back up everything I say and they get largely ignored because people have their mind made up of what Dak is or just think I'm a homer. I was the same fucking way with Romo. Always had to defend him from idiots who thought they knew it all but didn't know shit. I guess I must be related to Romo too. Maybe I just love to give full support to good Cowboy QBs that get unjust hate from a bunch of idiots. After 10+ years, it got fucking old arguing with numbnuts like you everyday, so maybe that's why I disappear for months and only only show when mega Cowboys news like this drops.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave us more cap flexibility in the first two years of the deal. Are you gonna pretend like that's nothing?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Prescott's salary-cap number for this season will be $22.2 million instead of the $37.7 million that would have come along with the franchise tag, a savings of $15.5 million against this season's cap"

It's sounds like it's "this season" cap friendly ....after that? There could be some pain.

It's all one big roll of the dice but guys like Dak are hard to come by.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the bottom line is Dak is signed. We don’t have to like or dislike the money and likening or disliking the money does not mean that reflects toward Dak either way. The Jones waited and decided this was the way to spend the money or Daks agent held out until the money was what he thought was right. I’m happy he is still a Cowboy and now we can turn our attention to filling in all the holes we have on the team. Draft and FA here we come

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave us more cap flexibility in the first two years of the deal. Are you gonna pretend like that's nothing?
No he didn't. He got more money up front than anyone else. The team handed him that huge bonus so THEY could structure the deal in a way to keep the year one cap hit low. That's nothing Dak did it's what the team did. It's like saying that when we restructure Martin (or Lawrence or whomever) that they did us a solid by changing their salary that they would get over the season to a bonus that they get immediately in cash. The player benefits greatly in these situations.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Prescott's salary-cap number for this season will be $22.2 million instead of the $37.7 million that would have come along with the franchise tag, a savings of $15.5 million against this season's cap"

It's sounds like it's "this season" cap friendly ....after that? There could be some pain.

It's all one big roll of the dice but guys like Dak are hard to come by.
Exactly my point. I still want to see the exact details, but going by what you read the next 3 years will average around $46M in cap hit unless we use "dead years" which are even worse. Every dollar we keep out of the 2021 cap just hits another year instead. It's nuts how people can think the artificially low 2021 cap hit is all that meaningful and a genius move that will help us so much. It works out no differently than his cap hit this year being much higher (and lower in outer years) but we restructure other guys to lower theirs and then theirs go up in future years instead of his. It's just math and a shell game. I kind of like doing it this way because if we, let's say picked Tank as a guy to restructure then we are locked into him because the dead money becomes an albatross and if he gets hurt or starts to stink we can't cut him. We know Dak will be here for years, so make him the one you backload and keep all of the other ones "cuttable". That is the best part of backloading Dak. But the 2021 cap hit is just a mirage

I'm glad to know we have Dak long term and know what the numbers are so we can work around them.

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you laughing? Because I don't come on here and argue about the same shit everyday? I'm sorry, I'm not gonna spend months arguing with armchair GMs about what Dak deserves and doesn't deserve. You talking about me being related to Dak. If I were related to Dak, wouldn't I be here every fucking day defending him instead of being gone for months? Wouldn't I be pushing that agenda hard everyday? I don't. There are way more people who push their love or hate Dak agendas than I do. I come here and post stats and videos that back up everything I say and they get largely ignored because people have their mind made up of what Dak is or just think I'm a homer. I was the same fucking way with Romo. Always had to defend him from idiots who thought they knew it all but didn't know shit. I guess I must be related to Romo too. Maybe I just love to give full support to good Cowboy QBs that get unjust hate from a bunch of idiots. After 10+ years, it got fucking old arguing with numbnuts like you everyday, so maybe that's why I disappear for months and only only show when mega Cowboys news like this drops.
You get very defensive of any criticism of Dak. I guess I touched a nerve. I am glade Dak is signed and always think we can win a Superbowl with him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the people nationally ripping Jerry, this is really a win-win. Dak hit the jackpot for sure, but his cap hit is reduced to $22 million this year, there is a clause in the deal that allows Jerry to go in and convert salary to signing bonus at any time to gain cap space, and when the new tv deal hits, this contract won't look that bad. Best news is the Cowboys have cap space, premium picks, an easier schedule, and lots of injured players coming back, including Dak. Could be a big bounce back year

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get very defensive of any criticism of Dak. I guess I touched a nerve. I am glade Dak is signed and always think we can win a Superbowl with him.
I've been gone for months, so how is this true? I get "defensive" when people ignore facts and data that is presented to them right in their face. I said for years Dak was better than his numbers suggested when people bitched about his stats not being on a Romo-level. Low and behold, when he got weapons and a good offensive coordinator, he was putting up Brees-level numbers. How did I know this? Because all of his perephrial numbers suggested he was capable. But people wanted to keep talking about how the dude wasn't accurate every year People telling me he is not that accurate when tape and the data suggested he was very accurate. That is enough to get defensive. Just say you don't read what I say and stop accusing me of shit that's not true.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. He got more money up front than anyone else. The team handed him that huge bonus so THEY could structure the deal in a way to keep the year one cap hit low. That's nothing Dak did it's what the team did. It's like saying that when we restructure Martin (or Lawrence or whomever) that they did us a solid by changing their salary that they would get over the season to a bonus that they get immediately in cash. The player benefits greatly in these situations.
Dak had all the leverage. He didn't have to sign a gotdamn thing.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been gone for months, so how is this true? I get "defensive" when people ignore facts and data that is presented to them right in their face. I said for years Dak was better than his numbers suggested when people bitched about his stats not being on a Romo-level. Low and behold, when he got weapons and a good offensive coordinator, he was putting up Brees-level numbers. How did I know this? Because all of his perephrial numbers suggested he was capable. But people wanted to keep talking about how the dude wasn't accurate every year People telling me he is not that accurate when tape and the data suggested he was very accurate. That is enough to get defensive. Just say you don't read what I say and stop accusing me of shit that's not
You just proved my point and too blind to see it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But last year wasn't the first year he was bad. He should have had been replaced going into last year. I take Niswander and cut Jones even if it cost us $2M to cut Jones. Niswander was just a lot better than Jones has been for a few years
I looked at him as a project. He entered up the charts and then.... and he is still so young I just hate to clip him just yet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak had all the leverage. He didn't have to sign a gotdamn thing.
Totally agree with this, but that's a different discussion. The structure of the deal is better for Dak than a strict $40M per year would be

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that this got done. I am also happy it got done. Cowboys had Dak at a bargain for 4 years. Dak deserved his payday. I truly believe if the defense ever stops the run the Cowboys can advance in the Playoffs.

Right now the other teams are dictating the flow of the game by running all over the Cowboys defense. I truly believe the Cowboys would have won the division in 2020 if Dak had not got injured. Then it would have been one and done because you are not sniffing a Superbowl if you got a defense that sucks this bad.

We now got a really good QB here for 4 more seasons. The alternative would have ended up being a disaster and a return to the years similar to when we started Clint Stoerner,Anthony Wright,Drew Henson,Quincy Carter,Ryan Leaf etc. They were garbage