• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this 3 year contract is media based and not real. The club would not only lose on the term but also the signing bonus and average per year. That would be just rubbing the organizations nose in shit all the way around. A negotiation is win and concede on certain aspects of a contract for BOTH sides.

NOW...I don't know a bigger Dak homer than me from day one but I will tell you if Dak continues to leave this up to his agent, who clearly seems to have his own best interest in mind and determined to get Dak on the open market. Dallas has to draft QB at 10 and plan life after Dak. If it were me, I'd put the transition tag on our QB, let other teams negotiate with France and if they don't want to match an offer, then they get compensation for the lose in next years draft.
I fully agree a 3 year high $$$$ deal screws over the team, and the reason I once suggested a 3 year 35M per year deal.

This gives Dak a chance at a new deal after the new TV contract hits, and secures Dak in Dallas until then.

3 years 100 or 105M fully guaranteed might get Dak coming off injury, under contract.

They could do 3 years 115M ( 35 + 35 + 45 = 115) guaranteeing years 1 and 2 then resign him before year 3.

Regardless of public words I have to believe Dak's injury is in both sides minds.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this 3 year contract is media based and not real. The club would not only lose on the term but also the signing bonus and average per year.
Image result for eaxactly the point gif

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I’d love to put some credence in the article, it’s Mike Fisher. I just can’t.
Oh, I don't believe anything I read on the topic from anyone. It's rumors based on rumors. But, it's also February and the biggest offseason topic for this team...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't believe anything I read on the topic from anyone. It's rumors based on rumors. But, it's also February and the biggest offseason topic for this team...
Got the ATL game on right now (NFLN). Wonder if they can pull this out... :pound:

Because good QB’s rarely do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the ATL game on right now (NFLN). Wonder if they can pull this out... :pound:

Because good QB’s rarely do.

Orlovsky like so many media types are about clicks...they can chance their opinions in a heart beat, but I'm sure Stephen A was down.

the going rate is just that. Prescott's first four and half years stack up to Wilson's. Was Wilson great then?
has Watson done so much more than Prescott to be considered great and worth over 40M per and if so, is that based on stats or wins?

bottom line....If Prescott gets to the open market, he gets 40M plus per year. Will that be a mistake or is that just reserved for the Cowboys?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlovsky like so many media types are about clicks...they can chance their opinions in a heart beat, but I'm sure Stephen A was down.

the going rate is just that. Prescott's first four and half years stack up to Wilson's. Was Wilson great then?
has Watson done so much more than Prescott to be considered great and worth over 40M per and if so, is that based on stats or wins?

bottom line....If Prescott gets to the open market, he gets 40M plus per year. Will that be a mistake or is that just reserved for the Cowboys?
And with the reports that the new TV contracts are forthcoming probably within the next two weeks... it’s not like the cap space won’t be there with the understanding that next season is an anomaly.

You are right about Orlovsky. He’s just another in a list of former players of minimal skills making their way with BS reports and opinions with no discernible credibility beyond “I played”. I lump him into the same bucket with the spawn of Simms & Collinsworth on SNF. Who the hell made them “experts”?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the reports that the new TV contracts are forthcoming probably within the next two weeks... it’s not like the cap space won’t be there with the understanding that next season is an anomaly.

You are right about Orlovsky. He’s just another in a list of former players of minimal skills making their way with BS reports and opinions with no discernible credibility beyond “I played”. I lump him into the same bucket with the spawn of Simms & Collinsworth on SNF. Who the hell made them “experts”?
You're so right about former players thinking they have a better opinion.

I think there could very well be 5, 6 maybe 7 QB's making 40 plus million a season 4 to 5 years from now

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I am starting to get the feeling that Dak will get the non-exclusive tag placed on him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I am starting to get the feeling that Dak will get the non-exclusive tag placed on him.
Perhaps but if you do that you need to be willing to say goodbye to him. There are some teams that need a QB and have a lot more cap space than us and I suspect they may be willing to give up two #1's and give Dak a big deal. if we had a top 2 or 3 pick in the draft I would be fine with this and just draft a QB, use those two 1st round picks to improve the team and also use his cap space on a couple of defensive free agents or maybe on one defensive starter and a journeyman QB as well as a fall back. At #10??? I'm not going to pretend I would be comfortable with this team solving the QB position for the next 5 years picking at #10...Trading Dak is the kind of high risk/high reward move that can win a team a Super Bowl or put them in the bottom 5 for a few years in a row. Do we trust this front office to deliver the former???

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but if you do that you need to be willing to say goodbye to him. There are some teams that need a QB and have a lot more cap space than us and I suspect they may be willing to give up two #1's and give Dak a big deal. if we had a top 2 or 3 pick in the draft I would be fine with this and just draft a QB, use those two 1st round picks to improve the team and also use his cap space on a couple of defensive free agents or maybe on one defensive starter and a journeyman QB as well as a fall back. At #10??? I'm not going to pretend I would be comfortable with this team solving the QB position for the next 5 years picking at #10...Trading Dak is the kind of high risk/high reward move that can win a team a Super Bowl or put them in the bottom 5 for a few years in a row. Do we trust this front office to deliver the former???
No I dont trust the front office at all,but at the same time i just dont see either side giving in and Dak playing for the Cowboys. I could be wrong and we will find out soon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I dont trust the front office at all,but at the same time i just dont see either side giving in and Dak playing for the Cowboys. I could be wrong and we will find out soon.
My gut tells me he is in Dallas for the long term, but I wouldn't be nearly as surprised if they parted ways this year, or really after this year if tagged, as compared to prior years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
My gut tells me he is in Dallas for the long term, but I wouldn't be nearly as surprised if they parted ways this year, or really after this year if tagged, as compared to prior years.
For some reason I had it in my head that players could only be tagged twice. They probably put the exclusive tag on dak and try yet again to get a deal done. Dak will likely just sign it as it would be about 37 million guaranteed. But the Cowboys would have to restructure a few deals to get that done. The sad part is the Cowboys were in decent Cap shape until covid happened.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Dak is the kind of high risk/high reward move that can win a team a Super Bowl or put them in the bottom 5 for a few years in a row.

Losing Dak really seems like all risk to me. The reward is cap space/draft picks but not guarantee the players you get will pan out.

My thinking stems from this decades long fear of the Cowboys going in QB hell. In my opinion, the greatest threat of any franchise.
I'm in NY, I see how real this threat is ...it's called the NY Jets.

Dak just checks all the boxes on and off the field. The risk is just to great trying to replace him. ..imo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Dak really seems like all risk to me. The reward is cap space/draft picks but not guarantee the players you get will pan out.

My thinking stems from this decades long fear of the Cowboys going in QB hell. In my opinion, the greatest threat of any franchise.

Dak just checks all the boxes on and off the field. The risk is just to great trying to replace him. ..imo
hence the risk part...:thumb:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell....I don't what to lose Dak BUT....not a whole lot you can do if his agent is hell bent on getting Dak to the open market.
We're going to need Dak to want to be a Cowboy and remind his agent he works for him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the show, Slater revealed that Prescott and his representatives are looking for Prescott’s new long-term contract to come in right behind Patrick Mahomes. Her source with the team indicated that Prescott and his representatives are looking for a “respectable offer.

Well which is it, because a deal right behind Mahomes wouldn't be a respectable deal for Dak
I suspect this is mostly BS so I won't go looking at those QB scouting reports just yet...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am Jerry, I make Dak the very best offer I am willing to make. Hopefully he signs it. If Dak turns down my best offer, I slap the transition tag on him, tell him to go find a team willing to pay him Mahomes money, take my two 1st Rounders and move on
YEP....I'm starting to think the transition tag is the only way to go.
Only bummer is we'd have to look QB at 10 unless 5 are gone in the first 9 picks, which is pretty much the luck of Jerry