• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Gets Paid $160 mil over 4 years

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they trade him and 2 first round picks away for Stanford in two years...:heh:
I don’t even wanna imagine a world where Dak plays for the Rams, I like Dak too much to root against him

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHIT MAN...I like you but what part of "Prescott's salary-cap number for this season will be $22.2 million instead of the $37.7 million that would have come along with the franchise tag, a savings of $15.5 million against this season's cap," DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!
Hmmmmmmmmm, you're right. Hopefully you guys can keep quality around you. Lots of guys are going to want cash if they have a good season next year. It's a delicate balance.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

75 million this year. My question is if he plays really well these next two or three years, is he going to remember that he was paid in 2021? Or is he going to be upset at the low cost of his salary and year 4?

This has nothing to do with him personally. I just have seen players complain about how “little“ they were paid in a certain year but when you look at their contract, they were paid a lot before. The NFL is the biggest opportunity for this because of signing bonuses, contract structures, incentives, roster bonuses, etc.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75 million this year. My question is if he plays really well these next two or three years, is he going to remember that he was paid in 2021? Or is he going to be upset at the low cost of his salary and year 4?

This has nothing to do with him personally. I just have seen players complain about how “little“ they were paid in a certain year but when you look at their contract, they were paid a lot before. The NFL is the biggest opportunity for this because of signing bonuses, contract structures, incentives, roster bonuses, etc.
You're right....will he become Watson with his playoff record.

character should be considered but it's understandable so many haven't a clue what Prescott is with regards to all that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on it, sure sounds like dak about to get paid 95 mil for 1 year then get cut.....DAK WON

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak and two firsts plus. Hell no.
I love Dak but if this injury sets him back and he doesn't return to form, we all may be singing a different tune. I don't recall any sizable contract like this being completed when a player is coming off such a serious injury. We are gambling a lot that he'll bounce right back.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dak but if this injury sets him back and he doesn't return to form, we all may be singing a different tune. I don't recall any sizable contract like this being completed when a player is coming off such a serious injury. We are gambling a lot that he'll bounce right back.
OK, but if you trade him two first's and a couple other pieces for Wilson you weaken the entire team for one guy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on it, sure sounds like dak about to get paid 95 mil for 1 year then get cut.....DAK WON
Looks like this is in the running for dumbest post of the year and we're not even 1/4 of the way through.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but if you trade him two first's and a couple other pieces for Wilson you weaken the entire team for one guy.
Well, if Dak really is a $5M/year better QB than Wilson it shouldn't take two firsts and him. I think the real trouble with Wilson is his cap hit is huge this season and presumably that would come with the with him. I honestly don't get how that works, would Wilson count on both teams caps if he gets traded? Doesn't seem like that would make sense. It would make trading more of a pain in the butt too.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS have a pathetic Dline and Oline. ..........questionable LBs........Safeties..........CBs.......... Head Coach
The Dak Prescott's signing, is almost irrelevant.

Jerry always creates the flashy deals, in place of "real" smarts as a GM.
He has no concept, as to how to build a football team.
The last two great GMs of the BOYS were Jimmy Johnson and (Tex Schram) Gil Brandt.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what we suspected would happen. On par with Watson & Wilson, if not more, for what he'll be asking for.

Yea its overpaying, but Dak is a high character guy and has shown glimpses of being capable of something great. It's an uncomfortable contract though. The no-trade clause is a head scratcher.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s utterly insane how much these guys are making now, it doesn’t even seem possible when you look at the numbers ... NO one really deserves that kinda money playing a game ...
Well, if you think the current numbers are insane, wait about two weeks. Because the new TV deals should be public knowledge by then.

Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson & Josh Allen sit and anticipate.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Dak really is a $5M/year better QB than Wilson it shouldn't take two firsts and him. I think the real trouble with Wilson is his cap hit is huge this season and presumably that would come with the with him. I honestly don't get how that works, would Wilson count on both teams caps if he gets traded? Doesn't seem like that would make sense. It would make trading more of a pain in the butt too.
No one said Dak is worth 5M more than Wilson, that's just the way NFL contracts work especially when it comes to QB.

I don't agree with it but the NFL owners made the bed, now they gotta sleep in it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS have a pathetic Dline and Oline. ..........questionable LBs........Safeties..........CBs.......... Head Coach
The Dak Prescott's signing, is almost irrelevant.

Jerry always creates the flashy deals, in place of "real" smarts as a GM.
He has no concept, as to how to build a football team.
The last two great GMs of the BOYS were Jimmy Johnson and (Tex Schram) Gil Brandt.

It’s funny you say that, cause I see mocks that have them taking the that TE Pitts from Florida. That would be so Jerry Jones with all the needs on that roster

but I like the Dak signing, think he’s damn good

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said Dak is worth 5M more than Wilson, that's just the way NFL contracts work especially when it comes to QB.

I don't agree with it but the NFL owners made the bed, now they gotta sleep in it.
The Goff & Wentz deals set the QB market. Mahomes & Watson reset it. Now, Dak has reset it.

Allen & Jackson will be the next. It’s the natural order of things.