• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not disagree about the value of a QB in this format. Where we disagree is in the value of a bad QB.

Well I'd recommend trading for a QB you actually like at least a bit. Point is a starting NFL QB is going to cost more then you would like and for sure more then seem willing to pay.
Yes you can afford to limp along with a poor QB with your huge lead if you wish, but your still going to have find a QB to plug in since you risked waiting for Foles to recover and now your caught with your pants down. That's going to cost you more then you like I think.:2cents:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok boys

i have been ever so slowly moving up the wire and now have held spot 1 for a few weeks

i guess it took me to long to finally realize :-)noidea:) that number 1 isnt worth much when 16 teams have 22 players there is nothing out there....

so guys my error helped obviously i pull the trigger and claim Matt Moore (sorry Mahomes)

it has come to this

hey @SmokingMonkey warn the boys that the Crazy Canuck will rule with Moore as his starting Qb

Wow the NFL this year is cursed

Luck, Ben, Mahomes, Brees, Foles, Saquan etc etc
Well guess that trumps my WW claim.:dhd:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd recommend trading for a QB you actually like at least a bit. Point is a starting NFL QB is going to cost more then you would like and for sure more then seem willing to pay.
Yes you can afford to limp along with a poor QB with your huge lead if you wish, but your still going to have find a QB to plug in since you risked waiting for Foles to recover and now your caught with your pants down. That's going to cost you more then you like I think.:2cents:

Nah.

3 weeks.

Will be fine either way.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess that trumps my WW claim.:dhd:
my long winded rant was just to add/back up the point being made and my example was for Smoke's league

well it just dawned on me here in Dyna2 we are 16 rostering 20 almost as bad

hmmm i have waiver pick 2 ouch do i take Moore

maybe i better jump in on this qb trade talk as well...

is it possible Matt is worth Moore :D then the bottom end of my roster

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legal line up is expected I believe.

I am going to try to trade for a QB.

But my point is that I will not pay more than market value for the QB I get. And I am not willing to pay top dollar for a QB1 because I have Mahomes. That is all.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would KC even consider a trade for Eli
Not unless the Mahommes deal.is worse than they're letting on. Moore is a "capable" NFL backup, beating out Chenne for the Phins starting job once upon a time, who they also have on the roster. Neither are gonna set the world on fire, but both are plenty capable of managing the Chiefs offense to a 1-2, 2-2 record, maybe even a winning one, if Showtime is truly only out that long. And much like Tlance's situation, they're in a division with bottom feeding Denver, perennial disappointment Chargers, and the Raiders, who are sure to run out of smoke and mirrors soon, so they can afford to not get taken in a trade.
Let's not forget, Andy Reid is running this show, if anyone can take a turd, polish it up and make it look like a gold nugget at QB by designing an offense around said turd's shortcomings, its that dude. Alex Smith, a washed up Mike Vick, hell, he even had Kevin Kolb looking like a real NFL QB.

I think its perfectly reasonable to expect the KC QB to put up 15+, week to week.

Denver, on the other hand might...it was rumored they were trying to trade for him 2 years ago, and then again last year. Personally I think they should trade for Cam..but that's only for my own selfish reasons to watch Bronco fan get built up again only to watch their dreams shatter around them when reality hits them in the face that they STILL don't have a QB

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless the Mahommes deal.is worse than they're letting on. Moore is a "capable" NFL backup, beating out Chenne for the Phins starting job once upon a time, who they also have on the roster. Neither are gonna set the world on fire, but both are plenty capable of managing the Chiefs offense to a 1-2, 2-2 record, maybe even a winning one, if Showtime is truly only out that long. And much like Tlance's situation, they're in a division with bottom feeding Denver, perennial disappointment Chargers, and the Raiders, who are sure to run out of smoke and mirrors soon, so they can afford to not get taken in a trade.
Let's not forget, Andy Reid is running this show, if anyone can take a turd, polish it up and make it look like a gold nugget at QB by designing an offense around said turd's shortcomings, its that dude. Alex Smith, a washed up Mike Vick, hell, he even had Kevin Kolb looking like a real NFL QB.

I think its perfectly reasonable to expect the KC QB to put up 15+, week to week.
Treff thanks...

do you see ol Eli going anyplace or is destined to be Jones backup until he retires

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff thanks...

do you see ol Eli going anyplace or is destined to be Jones backup until he retires
Lol, see my edited addition to previous post :)

I could see a few places actually, I mean much in the same vein as what we're discussing here...he's a competent, albeit washed up QB, which in the NDL, still has value. I think Pittsburgh would be foolish not to kick the tires there for starters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try to trade for a QB.

But my point is that I will not pay more than market value for the QB I get. And I am not willing to pay top dollar for a QB1 because I have Mahomes. That is all.
You could always trade Mahomes if you wished. Someone would likely be willing to over pay for him , injury or not. :D

I highly doubt you would want to do that, but it is alternative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could always trade Mahomes if you wished. Someone would likely be willing to over pay for him , injury or not. :D

I highly doubt you would want to do that, but it is alternative.

Nope.

I doubt your definition of “overpaying” matches my definition of Mahomes’ value.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I doubt your definition of “overpaying” matches my definition of Mahomes’ value.

Oh I wasn't considering trading for Mahomes myself, but I've seen owners pay some amazing prices for Mahomes is some of my leagues. Think Treff traded Zeke for him in D1 for example. However I think Mahomes is on your no trade list. If I was in your shoes would at least explore what the market would bare for him, but that's me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wasn't considering trading for Mahomes myself, but I've seen owners pay some amazing prices for Mahomes is some of my leagues. Think Treff traded Zeke for him in D1 for example. However I think Mahomes is on your no trade list. If I was in your shoes would at least explore what the market would bare for him, but that's me.

I know I could get a lot, but I doubt anyone would offer enough to make me seriously consider pulling the trigger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone just put Mahomes on the trade block in another league. Doubt he gets traded though. :dhd:

I own Wilson in that league ( big surprise right ?) soI won’t be in on the offers. Too bad though as I think it would be interesting to haggle for him.