• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, not attempting to gouge, just realizing the position scarcity. 16 teams, even if every team only had 2, that's 32 QB's rostered, theres only 32 NFL teams..and more than one team has more than 2.. So, even the bottom feeders have value, and it'll take something thats at least potentially worth something more than I've already got to motivate me to move that commodity.

I'm not expecting a weekly starter, or hell, not even a guy I would expect to consider for a flex most weeks, but gotta be something there.

And Foles, most likely returns to a clipboard (deservedly so), my guys are playing for the foreseeable future. He's not returning a week to week starter either

And what had Foles done to deserve a clipboard?

Dude has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl. He got hurt in the first half of week 1.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what had Foles done to deserve a clipboard?

Dude has won 4 playoff games and a Super Bowl. He got hurt in the first half of week 1.
Probably becuase he's suckes with the lone exceptions of halves of two seasons

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it does not matter, because trust me when I say I am not interested in trading an asset for either of your backup QBs.
K...that why I never made an offer...you brought it up..was just laying it out there what it'd take.
Enjoy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K...that why I never made an offer...you brought it up..was just laying it out there what it'd take.
Enjoy
Maybe a couple loses and a more realistic forecast on Mahomes will have him reconsidering being such a tight fisted miser.:yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a couple loses and a more realistic forecast on Mahomes will have him reconsidering being such a tight fisted miser.:yes:

Mahomes is out 3 weeks.

I have read that in like 8 different places.

Don’t know how it can get more realistic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, now don't think of it as being gouged, think of it as paying market price. :nod:

Supply and demand and all that.:heh:

Eh.

Call it what you want.

giving up a rookie I drafted in the first round is not market price for a bottom of the barrrel starter. Those guys usually go for a 4th rounder.

So yes, implying A guy like Tannehill is somehow worth a prospect because he is starting this week is price gouging, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And while I know you are joking, my comments are directed specifically to the 2 backup QBs @TREFF has on his roster, who IMO have negligible value. There is a 70% chance both will be on the free agent list by next season, 95% at least 1 will.

That may be worth a late pick, but not anything of real value. Especially with Newton potentially ready to return in week 8.

@TKOSpikes offer was fair in Terms of value, but he offered a pretty good QB. And I don’t want to pay the price for a good QB when Mahomes will start every game once he is healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a bottom of the barrrel starter. Those guys usually go for a 4th rounder.
Not in dynasty leagues. Offering a 4th round pick in a 16 team dynasty league league is like asking someone to just donate their QB to you IMO, because the value for that pick isn't to far off from zero.
Treff was on point pointing out that in a league this size QBs that are actually starting are a scarce item and thus hold more value then one would think. Doubt you'll be able to pick one up off waivers like in redraft leagues and trading away back up QB leaves said team without a QB come the bye week or in case of injury , unless they have 3 starting QBs and only 2 teams have that many. Be foolish of them to gift that 3rd QB to another team, I know I won't do that. I'd want a return that improves my roster or why do it?

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Call it what you want.

giving up a rookie I drafted in the first round is not market price for a bottom of the barrrel starter. Those guys usually go for a 4th rounder.

So yes, implying A guy like Tannehill is somehow worth a prospect because he is starting this week is price gouging, IMO.
just wanna point out..I have no idea who asked for said rookie, whom I'm only assuming is J. Hill?..but, like I mentioned, I've never made an offer, nor even suggested potential targets. Just valuations. .not that I wouldn't be interested in him of course

Always welcome to rethink should you so choose

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wanna point out..I have no idea who asked for said rookie, whom I'm only assuming is J. Hill?..but, like I mentioned, I've never made an offer, nor even suggested potential targets. Just valuations. .not that I wouldn't be interested in him of course

Always welcome to rethink should you so choose

Don’t think we are going to be trade partners.

Because there is a pretty decent chance Foles starts Just as many games between weeks 8 and 12 as Allen and or Tannehill.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in dynasty leagues. Offering a 4th round pick in a 16 team dynasty league league is like asking someone to just donate their QB to you IMO, because the value for that pick isn't to far off from zero.
Treff was on point pointing out that in a league this size QBs that are actually starting are a scarce item and thus hold more value then one would think. Doubt you'll be able to pick one up off waivers like in redraft leagues and trading away back up QB leaves said team without a QB come the bye week or in case of injury , unless they have 3 starting QBs and only 2 teams have that many. Be foolish of them to gift that 3rd QB to another team, I know I won't do that. I'd want a return that improves my roster or why do it?

Interesting.

There aren’t that many trades involving low end QBs

Foles was traded for a 3rd rounder over the summer when he was at peak value.

I don’t know where to find last year’s trade history, but I can recall a couple small small deals for back up QBs where the low end starter went for a late pick.

QB1s have a lot of trade value in 16 team league. That is not what I am talking about.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because, in the case of a few of these starters, a player like Foles actually holds more dynasty value.

Foles will be a starter again soon. A guy like Tannehill will be on the waiver wire again soon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

There aren’t that many trades involving low end QBs

I don’t know where to find last year’s trade history, but I can recall a couple small small deals for back up QBs where the low end starter went for a late pick.

QB1s have a lot of trade value in 16 team league. That is not what I am talking about.
Every team has to deal with byes and perhaps injuries. So a back up to fill in is important. Someone one need something to motivate them to trade away their back up.
Looking at your record and roster, I think your picking closer to pick 16 then the 1st pick in the draft. Lets say pick 15 just to get a point across and make for easy math.
That means your 2nd round pick is pick 30
3rd 45
4th 60

To motivate me to go without a back up it would take at least your 2nd round pick and TBH I'd be asking for your 1st, because I find it unlikely to find a player that could make my roster at pick 45 or later in a rookie draft and even at pick 30 it would take some luck. IDK if pick 30 would be enough to leave me with out a back up QB. I guess maybe if you threw in Foles, maybe....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made that offer to several teams that were lacking QB depth in the offseason. That's what I value a spot start QB at in 14+ team dynasty leagues where there is literally nothing available on the wire.

I think a 2nd round pick if the QB would legitimately compete for regular starts in good matchups, but that's really not the situation you're in.

The varying values of QB & TE in a big dynasty vs regular redrafts is astronomical

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made that offer to several teams that were lacking QB depth in the offseason. That's what I value a spot start QB at in 14+ team dynasty leagues where there is literally nothing available on the wire.

I think a 2nd round pick if the QB would legitimately compete for regular starts in good matchups, but that's really not the situation you're in.

The varying values of QB & TE in a big dynasty vs regular redrafts is astronomical

Bingo!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has to deal with byes and perhaps injuries. So a back up to fill in is important. Someone one need something to motivate them to trade away their back up.
Looking at your record and roster, I think your picking closer to pick 16 then the 1st pick in the draft. Lets say pick 15 just to get a point across and make for easy math.
That means your 2nd round pick is pick 30
3rd 45
4th 60

To motivate me to go without a back up it would take at least your 2nd round pick and TBH I'd be asking for your 1st, because I find it unlikely to find a player that could make my roster at pick 45 or later in a rookie draft and even at pick 30 it would take some luck. IDK if pick 30 would be enough to leave me with out a back up QB. I guess maybe if you threw in Foles, maybe....

You and I value players very differently in this league. We established that last season when we were discussing Alshon Jeffery and Calvin Ridley.

You tend to value current production far more, and I tend to value projected future production far more.

We do not disagree about the value of a QB in this format. Where we disagree is in the value of a bad QB.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy oh boy can i attest to that

in good ol Smoke's Dynasty

i started this season with Luck and Eli

Luck retires i run to the wire nothing there barely a back up anywhere

certainly not Brisset

so here i am starting the year with Manning and nothing else...

then i watch ol Eli crap out and Sam's Danny Dimes take over (during middle of week 2 game i think)

uh oh i bet Jones starts the week later so i look on wire again... nothing there ...

no Minshew nothing only some guy named Kyle Allen who i grab since Cam sucked in week 2 and maybe he at least gets a play or 2

lucky for me (Cam gets benched and as it turns out is hurt ) so i found a starter

i play him in week 3 and he goes off for 26 and i win

week 4 he stinks with 3 points and i lose by 4

better look 4 a qb again nothing there time to speculate on who gets hurt

i really do not like guessing on injuries (for obvious reasons) besides FF they are real people

but it comes down to that....

Trub goes down i start Chase Daniels and he actually gives me 14 as Gallup goes off and i win...

im on wire McCarron is the best out there what a joke

i do not quite remember when Big Ben goes down but for me it doesnt matter as Rudolf is rostered anyway

so Kyle is still my starter and im pretty certain Cam will be back to take over soon

Tannyhill really.... no never mind he is rostered as well

sorry for the long winded post to add to the point made by Harold and others above

so above is what im going through

i have received offers along the way

such as Rudolf or Tanny for my Hyde or Montgomery etc etc

even asking for my 2nd rounder for backups who may or not play

hell even Hodges is on a roster

so ya in Dynasty 2nd 3rd string Qbs hold value or at least the market says so....

i too like T have yet to pay that price

however unfortunately its getting closer

Ok guys wish me well as i somehow managed Case Keenum along the way...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok boys

i have been ever so slowly moving up the wire and now have held spot 1 for a few weeks

i guess it took me to long to finally realize :doh: that number 1 isnt worth much when 16 teams have 22 players there is nothing out there....

obviously i have to pull the trigger and claim Matt Moore (sorry Mahomes)

it has come to this

hey @SmokingMonkey warn the boys that the Crazy Canuck will rule with Moore as his starting Qb

Wow the NFL this year is cursed

Luck, Ben, Mahomes, Brees, Foles, Saquan etc etc