• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Murray out for Wild Game

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the year pt totals dont show who got the better end of the things. SJ has a way more talented overall team and should finish better. Min is a blue collar work horse team that is playing above & beyond the level they should be. You yourself are quite the gum flapper, and should put that flapping to use on my nutsac tho.
I fully expect SJ to finish better then Min, that doesnt mean they got the better end of the deal by any means. The team has gone to the WCF 2x in a row, meaning if they get to the SFC & win the cup the trade would have improved them. The way Mins season has gone, the trade has already worked out well in their favor. If you cant see that, your just starting an argument to start one.

The bold is funny, considering the source. If there is a pattern in my posts, it's that I try to call out presumptive and baseless BS. Call it starting shit if you want.

So since, according to you, point totals for the players and the overall record for the teams won't help determine who got the better of things (even though MIN's current record and a single game win last night somehow does, again according to your earlier post) you've concluded that Seto/Heatley/Coyle/1st is better than Havlat/Burns because...why exactly? Will it be how much each team improves or regresses from last years record? How each player improved or regressed?

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White is definately a factor, by adding Burns - the be all end all next Bobby Orr - SJ didnt need White. Signing White, SJ didnt need burns. Its definately a bug part of the offseason equasion, as much as some would like to assume its not.

BTW putting It's Seto/Heatley/Coyle/1st for Havlat/Burns, just makes it look soooooo much worse.

BTW, That's what the trades were. You're assuming White would have signed with SJS...why exactly?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dont see it, as much as I want, I just dont. White & Burns, both semi weak in there own end, both puck moving Dmen. Burns being the better of the 2. I get that part. Now, Burns (the better puck mover - but not by this huge margin) moving the puck up an offence of mar, thorn, hav, clowe, cout, pavs, hanz & the baggage, is it really that much the leaps & bounds you make it seem over White, the slightly worse at moving the puck, up to mar, thorn, heat, seto, clowe, cout, hanz & the baggage? I dont think so at all honestly. You add a guy that move it better (and I still think he's worse in his own end then white) to a forward group that is weaker by a big margin vrs having the guy that isnt that much worse at moving it up to a forward group that significatly better. I just feel keeping seto, heatley & white wouldve been better. Unless the sharks do something with that extra cap space from dumping heatley
As for Vlasics improvements. to say its all do 2 burns is kind of like ummm? You pair a guy that was good to begin with with a guy that blows ass in his own zone, well he doesnt really have a choice but to cover the other guys ass. I dont think adding Burns contributed to Vlasics improvement, it was always there. Just like I strongly disagree that adding Havlet has improved couture & clowe. Couture & clowe have never been an issue on this team IMO, and what they do & how they develope wouldve gone the same no matter who they were with this season, and I really dont see this super improvement you speak of. I see clowe & couture playing there normal game.

Oh, BTW the team with Heatley & Seto won tonight, but the win probably had nothing to do with those 2 players.

Considering Seto only had 2:51 of ice time and was on the ice for the Sharks only goal I'd say it definately had nothing to do with him. Heatley was fairly unnoticable which is good and bad I guess. He did get an assist though so he certainly helped the Wild's cause.

Vlasic's always been good defensively but he is moving the puck better than he ever has. His awareness when the play is set up in the offensive zone is much improved as well. That "Developement" comes from having a partner who allows you to utilize and improve those skillsets. Vlasic is having by far his best year on both sides of the puck. It's not just coincidence that it's happening with Burns as his partner. Take last nights game for example where he was paired with Boyle. He was still good defensively but when it came to the rest he was a complete nonfactor.

With Clowe, Couture, and Havlat, you don't see the improved communication, the improved board work, the improved puck control, the improved defensive awareness, the more consistant and sustained pressure in the offensive zone that wasn't there with Heatley?

If you fail to see these things on your own then there is nothing I can do or type that's going help you notice them or change your mind. You obviously have a preconcived hatered for these players and nothing they do will make a difference. You'll continue to point out every mistake they make and ignore anything good they do.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering Seto only had 2:51 of ice time and was on the ice for the Sharks only goal I'd say it definately had nothing to do with him. Heatley was fairly unnoticable which is good and bad I guess. He did get an assist though so he certainly helped the Wild's cause.

If you fail to see these things on your own then there is nothing I can do or type that's going help you notice them or change your mind. You obviously have a preconcived hatered for these players and nothing they do will make a difference. You'll continue to point out every mistake they make and ignore anything good they do.

The first paragraph I posted that before even watching the game highlights and reading bout the game. Was just being a jackass (imagine that) since you said earlier that the team with seto & heatley would lose. So yea, after seeing seto got injuried, he didnt play much of a role.

As for the last paragraph, ive stated before I like havlet and have liked him since he played in Chi. I just like heatley better and dont like the injury risk of havlet, because its bound to happen & thats a big risk considering the lack of scoring as it already is on this team.

BTW please explain the PP failures of this team, because I remember reading how great this teams PP was going to be with the addition of burns, being that he is the best point man the sharks have ever had, and that playing with the top line in SJ burns was gonna wreck shop on the PP. Again, I havnt seen that.

How often was the line combo of clowe, heatley, couture even used to even use the comparison that a havlet clowe couture line is far greater?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first paragraph I posted that before even watching the game highlights and reading bout the game. Was just being a jackass (imagine that) since you said earlier that the team with seto & heatley would lose. So yea, after seeing seto got injuried, he didnt play much of a role.

As for the last paragraph, ive stated before I like havlet and have liked him since he played in Chi. I just like heatley better and dont like the injury risk of havlet, because its bound to happen & thats a big risk considering the lack of scoring as it already is on this team.

BTW please explain the PP failures of this team, because I remember reading how great this teams PP was going to be with the addition of burns, being that he is the best point man the sharks have ever had, and that playing with the top line in SJ burns was gonna wreck shop on the PP. Again, I havnt seen that.

How often was the line combo of clowe, heatley, couture even used to even use the comparison that a havlet clowe couture line is far greater?

Huh? That was the second line for the bulk of last season and in the playoffs.

Marleau/Jumbo/Seto
Clowe/Couture/Heater
Wellwood/Pavs/Mitchell

if memory serves me right. I hope you just forgot and aren't making these comments without watching the Sharks.

Regarding Burns, check out how often he skates the puck up ice till about his own blueline, makes a crisp pass to a forward in stride, then joins the rush as the third or fourth man. It's very clean and it gets the puck into the offensive zone quite effectively. The thing with Burns imo, is that his mistakes are of the glaring variety, similar to Ehrhoff. When he fucks up it's like "HOLY FUCK wtf are you doing!" And so it's very easy to say that he messes up all the time, when in actuality it's a once, twice, maybe three times a game, but it's so glaring that you can't help but notice.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huh? That was the second line for the bulk of last season and in the playoffs.

Marleau/Jumbo/Seto
Clowe/Couture/Heater
Wellwood/Pavs/Mitchell

if memory serves me right. I hope you just forgot and aren't making these comments without watching the Sharks.

I dont know why I wouldnt remember that, for some reason I was thinking it was seto, Pavs, heatley/clowe combo

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Where did I say that?

The PP failure stem from a few things IMO. In regards to Burns play on the PP I've said a couple times that I haven't been thrilled with the Boyle-Burns combo at the point. When the play is set up in the offensive zone on the PP there isn't a Dman on the team I've been very impressed with.

Other factors to the recient poor preformance on the PP, coaching strategies, no net front presence, zero player movement from the forwards, and they are just plain getting out worked lately.

SJVP answered the last paragraph but to add a little. The primary set up for the top 3 lines last year were:

Marleau - Thornton - Setoguchi
Clowe - Couture - Heatley
McGinn/Ferriero/Wellwood - Pavelski - Mitchell

Everyone was shuffled around from time to time but that was the set up for a majority of the year.

Last edited by a moderator: