• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Murray out for Wild Game

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Murray has three assists and 19 penalty minutes, playing in all 23 games for the Sharks this season.

Should Murray miss the game, it will force McLellan to change his defense pairings. That was something he was looking to do anyway, though, after what he said was the worst collective game by his defense in the four years he has been head coach in the 5-3 loss to Florida on Saturday.

In Monday’s practice, Marc-Edouard Vlasic skated with Dan Boyle; Brent Burns was with Jim Vandermeer, while Colin White was paired with Jason Demers.

Murray was seen walking around in the locker room with the hand heavily bandaged, and when asked if he would play Tuesday night he rhetorically replied, “What do you think?” Murray then added he was having trouble fully closing his hand.

Sharks head coach Todd McLellan did not rule him out, however.

“Dougie Murray is different. If there’s an ounce of him in that can [play], he’ll find a way,” said McLellan.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be refreshing to see Boyle play with the best defensive dman on the team. Hopefully that will enable other parts of his game to be rediscovered.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would also be refreshing if for this game, the wild and sharks can reverse their offseason trades and Heatley & Seto can suit up for San Jose.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the White Demers pair. If White can pull his head out of his ass I think he would be a great partner for a young Demers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Murray being out will hurt the Sharks much. He's played like shit lately. Of course the rest of the D hasn't been much better. The last time the Sharks played the Wild they played a very solid game, definitely one of their top 3 on the season. I'd like to see them duplicate that effort tomorrow.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would also be refreshing if for this game, the wild and sharks can reverse their offseason trades and Heatley & Seto can suit up for San Jose.

You want the Sharks to loose?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the White Demers pair. If White can pull his head out of his ass I think he would be a great partner for a young Demers.

I, OTOH, am terrified at the thought of that pairing and can't think of a worse combination on the current roster... LOL!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Murray being out will hurt the Sharks much. He's played like shit lately. Of course the rest of the D hasn't been much better. The last time the Sharks played the Wild they played a very solid game, definitely one of their top 3 on the season. I'd like to see them duplicate that effort tomorrow.

Pickles has been the only good defenseman this year..having his best year actually. No matter what Dougie tries to do with the D, he seems to make it worse, or maybe the players he kept are getting worse, i.e. Boyle, Murray, Demers.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, OTOH, am terrified at the thought of that pairing and can't think of a worse combination on the current roster... LOL!

Hence the 'if White can pull his head out of his ass' caveat. Demers needs someone to stay home and let him pinch. He's played his best when he's free to open up on offense. Plus the wily old vet may teach him a thing or two.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hence the 'if White can pull his head out of his ass' caveat. Demers needs someone to stay home and let him pinch. He's played his best when he's free to open up on offense. Plus the wily old vet may teach him a thing or two.

I'd like to see McLellan try the Braun-Demers pairing. The biggest issue with the defensemen hasn't been their defense. It's been their inability to move the puck which is making the team very susceptible to turnovers. Teams have been able to zone in on Boyle and Demers/Braun and make them completely ineffective because neither White or Murray poses the ability to feed the transition. By doing this teams are either forcing turnovers or easily pinning the forwards in the neutral zone. This is the reason Demers and Braun have looked so much better along side Vandermeer as opposed to White. Vandermeer isn't a black hole in transition and his presence on the ice doesn't allow teams to cheat towards one dman as much.

This year Burns has been the only one that has excelled in moving the puck and allowing the fowards to play with speed. Burns ability to move the puck has also allowed Vlasic a ton more time and space and as a result his puck moving has greatly improved.

I'd like to see McLellan go with a D group that looks like:

Burns - Vlasic
Boyle - Vandermeer
Demers - Braun

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You want the Sharks to loose?

Well considering Min is in first place in the NHL, id say Seto & Heatley have worked out very well for them. And I still say SJ would be better off with Seto/Heatley/White then with Havlett/Burns.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering Min is in first place in the NHL, id say Seto & Heatley have worked out very well for them. And I still say SJ would be better off with Seto/Heatley/White then with Havlett/Burns.

How about we compromise? We'll take back Seto, Coyle and the 1st and give back Burns. We'll keep Havlat and let them keep Heatley. :D

Then we'll use Seto, Coyle and a 1st for Shea Weber and re-sign him to a 6 year, $42mil contract.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... anyone else find the OP's avatar picture and profile info hilarious? :p

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about we compromise? We'll take back Seto, Coyle and the 1st and give back Burns. We'll keep Havlat and let them keep Heatley. :D

Then we'll use Seto, Coyle and a 1st for Shea Weber and re-sign him to a 6 year, $42mil contract.

Ok ill do that... I still dont understand the constant bagging on Heatley tho. It seems more or less everyone hate him cause of his expensive contract. You cant really use the he sucks at defence arguement, since Burns sucks at defence to, and he's a Dman haha

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to say who made the better deals between Sharks and Wild, my vote would go toward the Wild. So far Doug's off season moves have been "ugh!"

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's Seto/Heatley/Coyle/1st for Havlat/Burns. White is not a factor, as much as some would like to assume him to be.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ill do that... I still dont understand the constant bagging on Heatley tho. It seems more or less everyone hate him cause of his expensive contract. You cant really use the he sucks at defence arguement, since Burns sucks at defence to, and he's a Dman haha

You like paying $7.5million (I know it's not your money, but it's money against the Sharks cap) for a slow, non-physical, no defense playing forward who's on pace for.....24 goals and 27 assists.....for a whopping 51 points??? Supposedly he was fine with the Sharks, but he's also had locker room issues. In a league with a salary cap, you can't afford to pay somebody like the above like he's getting paid. Then you start to think about some of his linemates over the years Kovalchuck, Spezza, Alfredsson, Thornton, Marleau.....I start to wonder if maybe this IS the real Heatley?

Keep in mind he's playing first line minutes with ample PP time. He's become too reliant on the PP to get his points. No thanks Dany, goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like paying $7.5million (I know it's not your money, but it's money against the cap) for a slow, non-physical, no defense playing forward who's on pace for.....24 goals and 27 assists.....for a whopping 51 points??? Supposedly he was fine with the Sharks, but he's also had locker room issues. In a league with a salary cap, you can't afford to pay somebody like the above like he's getting paid.

Keep in mind he's playing first line minutes and ample PP time. He's become too reliant on the PP to get his points.

:amen: I don't remember too many Heater Haters in his first year in SJ when he produced closer to what he was paid.

And we'll see at the end of the year who got the better end of things for their teams. Two weeks ago SJ had more points than MIN with 4 games in hand. MIN gets hot and the gum flappers appear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game, the Wild are playing a lot better than they were last time they faced y'all, especially the 2nd line.