• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cyprien

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. I started using it right after he passed. deftones are a big part of my growing up. RIP Chi.

The Lions playoff drought lasted from 2000-2010 ten years of Millen's mess. The Niners playoff drought lasted from 2002-2010 not much better. Were you guys all die-hards during that time or did you jump back on the bandwagon when Harbaugh and Kapernick started winning again? If you were still fans during your dark years, then we aren't much different.

well u guys sucked before 2k as well

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well u guys sucked before 2k as well

Lions made the playoffs 6 times during the 90's. Before that they really sucked. But fuck it. I was born in Detroit and I'm a loyalist. You have two NFL teams as your favorite. Obviously you and I cannot relate as fans.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I became much more zealous during that period. I was always a big Niners fan, but it was from 2002 on that I became truly obsessive.

:suds: that's a fan.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions made the playoffs 6 times during the 90's. Before that they really sucked. But fuck it. I was born in Detroit and I'm a loyalist. You have two NFL teams as your favorite. Obviously you and I cannot relate as fans.

i'm supporting my team by supporting the chiefs

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think so. I started using it right after he passed. deftones are a big part of my growing up. RIP Chi.

The Lions playoff drought lasted from 2000-2010 ten years of Millen's mess. The Niners playoff drought lasted from 2002-2010 not much better. Were you guys all die-hards during that time or did you jump back on the bandwagon when Harbaugh and Kapernick started winning again? If you were still fans during your dark years, then we aren't much different.

Most of the posters on this board are transplants from the espn boards...

And we were around for the tough years...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Some of us were on the boards 4-5 years before we drafted Alex Smith. We had to go through some stupid ish during those years. Do you know how it feels to get the #1 pick of the NFL draft?! As a Lions fans he probably does, I'm just saying, it was an extremely frustrating era. We had to endue idiots saying the USC team that went underfeated that year could have beaten the 9ers in a game if they allowed them to play us. The idiotic sh8 people (media folks too) were saying was, for lack of better words, retarded!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of us were on the boards 4-5 years before we drafted Alex Smith. We had to go through some stupid ish during those years. Do you know how it feels to get the #1 pick of the NFL draft?! As a Lions fans he probably does, I'm just saying, it was an extremely frustrating era. We had to endue idiots saying the USC team that went underfeated that year could have beaten the 9ers in a game if they allowed them to play us. The idiotic sh8 people (media folks too) were saying was, for lack of better words, retarded!

haaaa, so true on those 'dark' years.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How man Super Bowl titles do the Lions have? Have they ever been to a SB? ohhh thats what I thought moving on now

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds:cheers to loyalty.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:suds:cheers to loyalty.

No doub! Don't pay Badger no mind. We give him a special name on this board by the name of "Cazic". You probably don't what it means, so to sum it up, he's our version of a message board's hemroid / annoying prick.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I like Reid and what he brings to the table and Im annoying? Haha coming from kid that lives at home with mommy and daddy, give me a break you fucking clown. I have been on this board as long as you and furthermore I have been a 49ers fan for 20+ years now, so go kick rocks

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on what I have read on everything I have read about him leading up to the draft in comparison to everything I have seen of Reid during these last 2 years:

1.) Jonathan Cyprien: Video Highlights from Former Florida International SS | Bleacher Report

2.) Johnathan Cyprien Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Florida International S | Bleacher Report

I didn't see a great player. In fact, I saw someone who put himself out of position a lot against DUKE.

Combines are overrated. I'm sure this past one is the last one I'm watching.

On tape, Reid looks like the better and more athletic player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Something I just realized about the Reid VS Cyprien arguement:

The Cowboys are not the gold standard of prospect evaluation, but neither are the Jags. Dallas would have taken Eric Reid if they didn't trade down. That means safety was pretty high on their list. However, they traded down to 31 where Cyprien was still on the board, and they passed on him for a center (a good one, but he wasn't exactly Jonathan Cooper).

Also, Ozzie Newsome passed on Cyprien for Matt Elam.

I don't think the Niners are going to regret the move up for Reid. Especially because they got the guy they wanted in the 3rd round anyway. They could've had another, but I'd much rather have Reid than Cyprien and... say... Terrence Williams (the pick the Niners traded to move up).