• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler's leadership

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we here time and time again about how "immature" Cutler is from the media, and those of you who know me from the ESPN boards know how big of a crock of BS I think that is.

Well, on Sunday after that boneheaded personal foul penalty from Maualuga to seal the game, I really liked to see Jay hopping in right when it looked like Mills was going to retaliate. He stepped right in front of the rookie and literally forced him backwards right when it looked like he was going to make a boneheaded move to cause off-setting penalties.

Of course, no mention of that at all from anyone in the media. However, tonight, when Brady was screaming right in the face of one of his WR's Mike Mayock (who I like, BTW) took the opportunity to talk about how "great of a leader" and how "passionate" Brady is. Trent Dilfer did the same with Phillip Rivers, when he was screaming in the faces of a group of officials and refused to be pulled back by his teammates. Hmm... double standard? Maybe just a little.

Anyway, I know we've beat this subject to death, but it's not football season unless Bears fans are crying about the unfair media treatment to Cutler. I really like the way he looked in that first game. He looked extremely calm and poised. He was hurried often in the game, but made some of his best throws while being flushed out of the pocket.

Like I said in the other thread, 8 for 10 for 94 Yards and 1 TD while being rushed by five or more Bengals. He was 33rd in that statistic amongst QB's last season. It's only been one week, and we all know Cutler is quite capable of going back to his Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde routine... but the optimist in me says that maybe were finally seeing things come together a bit for Cutler. A late bloomer, perhaps?

I'm really looking forward to seeing if this offense takes another step forward Sunday. I think I'm more excited about this game than I was for the opener. IMO, this game will tell us A LOT about this team. If we pull of the win against a hungry Vikings team, I think we're very much headed in the right direction. If we drop the divisional game at home, I think we might be in for another "okay to decent" 9-10 win season.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, it's early, and this team and this offense will only continue to get better.

BTW, I didn't at all mean for this post to be this long. lol... It's the middle of the night and I can't sleep.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, thats because cutler only had one interception. Its gonna take a while for us to trust that cutler is moved up a notch in leadership after a good game. I dont want to hear him whining about plays coming in late and him take ownership of when his audibles dont work, not just when they do.

Bottom line, he should be a great quarterback but lets his ego get in the way, and thats why all chicago wont get behind him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, thats because cutler only had one interception. Its gonna take a while for us to trust that cutler is moved up a notch in leadership after a good game. I dont want to hear him whining about plays coming in late and him take ownership of when his audibles dont work, not just when they do.

Bottom line, he should be a great quarterback but lets his ego get in the way, and thats why all chicago wont get behind him.

How does he let his ego get in the way? I have truly never seen that. Not to mention, when has he ever not taken responsibility for his audibles not working?

Oh, and are you kidding me? The amount of times Tice got a play in late last year was ABSOLUTELY unacceptable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an awesomely hilarious two word grouping.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Reminds me of the old Simpsons line when Lisa saw the billboard saying Yahoo Serious Festival....."I know those words, but that sign makes no sense!"

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking a shot at another team after the Patriots barely squeaked by two patsies? I find your remark interesting considering Brady has looked like shit the first two weeks. But I don't expect too much from you... Most of your posts are riddled with garbage.

But thanks for trying anyway. Now run along.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna take a couple of seasons to get for Jay to get any respect out of me.......Not just the begining of this season.
He had better put up some numbers or he needs to be sent packing while he has a little bit of value left........

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a shot at another team after the Patriots barely squeaked by two patsies? I find your remark interesting considering Brady has looked like shit the first two weeks. But I don't expect too much from you... Most of your posts are riddled with garbage.

But thanks for trying anyway. Now run along.

I'll take the wins, but I didn't take a shot at your team. Just your joke of a QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys are really hard on Jay.

I understand the other team's fans... they've been so brainwashed by ESPN and other mainstream outlets, they couldn't possibly have an opinion of their own. It's not their fault.

I would expect Chicago fans, who watch Jay on a regular basis to know better.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... Like you or anyone on this board is or has been an NFL QB. Gotcha

Because being a bottom tier starter is worth bragging about...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to give Jay credit, but he is so fucking clutch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch might be funnier than leadership. You guys are on fire today.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch might be funnier than leadership. You guys are on fire today.

19 game winning drives, including another today. That's pretty clutch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game winning drives is a silly stat to hang your hat on. The best don't get many opportunities because they avoid falling behind.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because being a bottom tier starter is worth bragging about...

Again, you are so qualified to make that statement. LOL

C'mon man, you just need to stop making an ass of yourself. Yes, yes, we get it... Your favorite team is NE and they have Tom Brady. We get it, he is good. Maybe this is your rationale for coming on this forum and talking shit? Whatever... No one on this board would suggest that Cutler is in the same league as Brady. But Cutler is the best QB the Bears have had in years, and we as fans like him. What does that matter to you? So you can gloat because NE has a better QB than the Bears? Or are you that much of a douche?

Either way, enjoy it while you can. Brady won't always be QBing NE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with my QB. There are 15-20 guys I take over cutler.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game winning drives is a silly stat to hang your hat on. The best don't get many opportunities because they avoid falling behind.

This is my nomination for the most stupid/drunk post of the season.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with my QB. There are 15-20 guys I take over cutler.

It has everything to do with Brady... If NE had a shitty QB you wouldn't have the balls to talk shit on this board.

Who are you kidding? Stop drinking the Natty Ice.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's accurate. It's not that they never fall behind but that they are much less likely to put themselves in a hole.