• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler to be cut?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL oh man... I guess we just punted on 1st down all year in 2013.... Very interesting indeed...

Yeah, I think you need to have a little patience with Bears fans. They really do not have any idea what a QB looks like. Special teams players, strong middle linebackers, strong defenses and great RBs. They have a real good idea what those are.

QBs, not so much.

The interesting thing is these Russell Wilson haters ignore that Russell Wilson has been in the top 10 in passer rating in each of his 3 seasons, including ranked 4th in passer rating in 2012.

For a team that supposedly wins in spite of the QB that is rather telling. Plus, as I said, Russell Wilson last year did work with less talent than Andrew Luck. How exactly does one explain how Luck was sacked 27 times in 616 pass attempts, while Wilson was sacked 42 times in 452 pass attempts.

Let me ask that again, just in case you missed that. How, if Wilson was surrounded by such better talent, was he sacked at such a dubious ratio compared to the great Luck whose many interceptions are ignored.

I find it rather funny, yes funny, how Cutler (remember traded for two first rounders, a third rounder, Orton and is now one of the highest paid football players in the history of the game) has never been ranked in the top 10 in passer rating. He consistently leads the league in ints, especially red zone ints.

Before, the predictable babble about him not have an OL, I will say in Denver in his last season he was only sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. Yes, 11 times in 616 attempts. (Read that again and chuckle) He had pro bowl WRs that year, an outstanding running game, and guess what? He was second in the NFL in ints and led the NFL in red zone picks.

I know, I know, that was only his third season. Well, Russell Wilson only completed his third season, and his OL is way worse than that and his WRs this year were not exactly pro bowlers.

Funny stuff.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler's career stats: 27,749 yards. 61.7 completion percentage. 7.17 yards per attempt. 183 TDs to 130 INTs. 85.2 passer rating.

Are those stats great? No. But they're far from bad. No one with a brain would argue that he's a below average QB. He's either average, or slightly above average. There are plenty of teams that have below average QBs, where Cutler would be an upgrade.

Cutler's maturity issues are behind him as well. Look at how well he handled it when his OC bashed his play behind his back to the media. Cutler actually DEFENDED him. Also, look at how well he handled the benching at the end of the season. There wasn't even a tiny hint of any trouble from Cutler all season. He's a changed man since having children.

So you have a QB that's at least average, and has changed to the point that his attitude is very good. Plenty of teams would be happy to take him. Personally I think the Bears should keep him. Trestman handled Cutler very poorly. Cutler is not elite and is not the type of QB that should be throwing wildly 40 times a game. He makes too many mistakes for that style of offense. Cutler is good in a run heavy offense and a team that relies on good defense. Look at how many games he won under Lovie Smith when the team had that style. His won-loss record under Smith was excellent and they even made it to a championship game. John Fox is a defensive, run oriented coach. Cutler will likely win a lot of games under Fox like he did under Smith.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has not won a super bowl yet? Interesting.

and I`m guessing their defense had nothing to do with their win?

is that what your saying?

Cutler could have won with that defense..........

But RW did lose a SB for the Seahawks.

And yet they harp on Luck....by far the better qb.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL oh man... I guess we just punted on 1st down all year in 2013.... Very interesting indeed...

What did that have to do with the win vs the Denver in the SB?

Russel Wilson was not the contributing factor in the SB win,but he was the contributing factor along with pete in their loss.

luck is the better qb..........sorry but he is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Reason why is Detroit had the #2 D last year and with Suh, Stafford, Megatron, Tate, et al could not get it done.
Year before the Saints had the #4 D and did not get it done with Brees, Graham, Colston ect.

The way the colts have played with no running game and an ok def,I`d say Luck has a great chance in getting to the SB.
Brees has already won one,so I`m not sure why you brought up the Saints,and the lions this past season got screwed by the refs.

So who knows what would have happened there.
and seattle was just lucky that GB had a big colla[pse in the 2nd half for them to get into the big game.

And then you choked it away......damn that hurts.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did that have to do with the win vs the Denver in the SB?

Russel Wilson was not the contributing factor in the SB win,but he was the contributing factor along with pete in their loss.

luck is the better qb..........sorry but he is.
I have no issues at all if you like Luck over Wilson. I can see why many feel the same way.
Yet, to not give Russell credit and find areas to put him down reminds me of cock smack. Or dick smack. Which do you prefer?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the colts have played with no running game and an ok def,I`d say Luck has a great chance in getting to the SB.
Brees has already won one,so I`m not sure why you brought up the Saints,and the lions this past season got screwed by the refs.

So who knows what would have happened there.
and seattle was just lucky that GB had a big colla[pse in the 2nd half for them to get into the big game.

And then you choked it away......damn that hurts.

Must...get past NE 1st.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he will...he`s taken the league by surprise.

All qbs have their picks,RW included(SB a big one).

he`s done far better for that team than what I`ve expected him to do with no running game.

You put luck on yoy`re team.........multiple SBs.

Sorry,but RW has not won a SB yet.....You`re deense has done all the work.

Luck has taken the league by surprise? He was the #1 pick in the draft when he came out and he would of been #1 the year before if he had chosen to enter the draft. So how the hell has he taken the league by surprise?

As for the rest of your post...classic Luck nut hugger. You start right off with excuses( no running game), then you deflect by bringing up Wilson as if that's relevant to the discussion.

Luck needs to tone down the gun slinging. I think he is going be great at the end, but he isn't there yet. It's these slobbering worship posts like these that are going to make me wish him ill luck ( no pun intended).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Seattle fans....ya got one of the better D's of all-time and a great RB. Russell does what he needs to do,(save for that play which we will not mention) As long as that D and RB dominate, nobody will put RW in the "elite" category.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I hope Cutler stays.

As an NFL fan, I see John Fox keeping Cutler at least this season and improve the defense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Seattle fans....ya got one of the better D's of all-time and a great RB. Russell does what he needs to do,(save for that play which we will not mention) As long as that D and RB dominate, nobody will put RW in the "elite" category.

Not sure if your responding to my post, but I was talking about Luck and that he gun slings a bit much. No mention of Wilson. However you just can't talk about Luck without someone bringing up Wilson.

As for Wilson being elite, all I care about is that he keeps the wins coming, I let others try to peg how good he is because all I want is for my team to win. That usually involves a good QB and RW is that

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per the norm and nothing against bd07, no Seattle fan mentioned RW as elite. It seems to always be brought up by fans of teams other than the Seahawks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="beardown07, post: 6314308, member: 1153"]Listen Seattle fans....ya got one of the better D's of all-time and a great RB. Russell does what he needs to do,(save for that play which we will not mention) As long as that D and RB dominate, nobody will put RW in the "elite" category.[/QUOTE]

Not to give away the farm, but we know about our D and our RB. We would appreciate it if you didn't mention it around the other guys in these forums.
Thanks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I hope Cutler stays.

As an NFL fan, I see John Fox keeping Cutler at least this season and improve the defense.

I agree on keeping Cutler only because his dead money cap hit is so large, but I am not so sure that just by showing up, Fox will elevate the Chi D.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the norm and nothing against bd07, no Seattle fan mentioned RW as elite. It seems to always be brought up by fans of teams other than the Seahawks.

Yeah, funny how that happens.:D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dead hit is MORE than his cap hit this year.... Bears would be idiotic to cut him. Despite Cutler's meh play, he gives them the best chance to win. The Bears should focus on the horrid defense they have in place and ride out Cutler for another year. The only reason he was benched was a head coach on the hot seat trying desperately to save his job last minute.
Cutler is an INT machine.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has taken the league by surprise? He was the #1 pick in the draft when he came out and he would of been #1 the year before if he had chosen to enter the draft. So how the hell has he taken the league by surprise?

As for the rest of your post...classic Luck nut hugger. You start right off with excuses( no running game), then you deflect by bringing up Wilson as if that's relevant to the discussion.

Luck needs to tone down the gun slinging. I think he is going be great at the end, but he isn't there yet. It's these slobbering worship posts like these that are going to make me wish him ill luck ( no pun intended).

It was all relevant to the original post I had when I jumped into this thread...

You guys act like you should have won the SB...........oh no not the interception.Oh no why didn`t he run the ball there?

I imagine the same dreadful reason why you beat GB.
Same damn reason why GB beat Dallass.
and the same damn reasons why dallas beat Detroit.

You were destined to lose.

Sorry,but but you were...........

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was all relevant to the original post I had when I jumped into this thread...

You guys act like you should have won the SB...........oh no not the interception.Oh no why didn`t he run the ball there?

I imagine the same dreadful reason why you beat GB.
Same damn reason why GB beat Dallass.
and the same damn reasons why dallas beat Detroit.

You were destined to lose.

Sorry,but but you were...........
Destined to lose? Funny stuff coming from a Bear fan. Also please explain how it was relevant to the original post when you jumped into this thread, you kind of lost me their.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you need to have a little patience with Bears fans. They really do not have any idea what a QB looks like. Special teams players, strong middle linebackers, strong defenses and great RBs. They have a real good idea what those are.

QBs, not so much.

The interesting thing is these Russell Wilson haters ignore that Russell Wilson has been in the top 10 in passer rating in each of his 3 seasons, including ranked 4th in passer rating in 2012.

For a team that supposedly wins in spite of the QB that is rather telling. Plus, as I said, Russell Wilson last year did work with less talent than Andrew Luck. How exactly does one explain how Luck was sacked 27 times in 616 pass attempts, while Wilson was sacked 42 times in 452 pass attempts.

Let me ask that again, just in case you missed that. How, if Wilson was surrounded by such better talent, was he sacked at such a dubious ratio compared to the great Luck whose many interceptions are ignored.

I find it rather funny, yes funny, how Cutler (remember traded for two first rounders, a third rounder, Orton and is now one of the highest paid football players in the history of the game) has never been ranked in the top 10 in passer rating. He consistently leads the league in ints, especially red zone ints.

Before, the predictable babble about him not have an OL, I will say in Denver in his last season he was only sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. Yes, 11 times in 616 attempts. (Read that again and chuckle) He had pro bowl WRs that year, an outstanding running game, and guess what? He was second in the NFL in ints and led the NFL in red zone picks.

I know, I know, that was only his third season. Well, Russell Wilson only completed his third season, and his OL is way worse than that and his WRs this year were not exactly pro bowlers.

Funny stuff.

Nice write-up .... And hey, it's cool Manning took a little pay-cut to help the cap a bit for the Broncos... Hopefully that pays off for you guys ...