• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry passes to Durant in the Final minute

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think the Cavs bench mattered in game 7 last year? Or was it their starters that won that game when it was in the balance?
He said ever, literally ever

You're doing the same thing he did, nitpicking

His comment was a bench has never mattered in the playoffs

Key World

NEVER

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So could most 6th man of the years, it's called having a great bench, when your 6 and 7 guys would start on most other teams.
No, I disagree. Some guys are great at being the 6th man....but not starting. There's a difference. The guys they play with, the guys they play against.

Lets take a more recent example from football- the Raiders. They lost their starting QB and replaced him with a pretty good 2nd string, right? Then why weren't they able to continue to win big? Because things are not exactly the same for starters & bench players. We have to account for things like minutes played & the other guys on the field/court. Roles change when you change up line ups. Chemistry changes as well.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I disagree. Some guys are great at being the 6th man....but not starting. There's a difference. The guys they play with, the guys they play against.

Lets take a more recent example from football- the Raiders. They lost their starting QB and replaced him with a pretty good 2nd string, right? Then why weren't they able to continue to win big? Because things are not exactly the same for starters & bench players. We have to account for things like minutes played & the other guys on the field/court. Roles change when you change up line ups. Chemistry changes as well.
Lou Williams
James Harden
Jamal Crawford
JR Smith

lmfao, the last 4 6th man of the years

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said ever, literally ever

You're doing the same thing he did, nitpicking

His comment was a bench has never mattered in the playoffs

Key World

NEVER
And you're guilty of playing semantics. Starting & coming off the bench is not the same thing for every player. There's a reason why coaches have set rotations. Some guys can't handle starting minutes- or can't keep up with the talent level of the opposing starting line ups.

Bunching every bench guy- or as you've said- 6th man, into one category isn't accurate. Especially when you're talking about a sport where match ups are key factors in winning.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're guilty of playing semantics. Starting & coming off the bench is not the same thing for every player. There's a reason why coaches have set rotations. Some guys can't handle starting minutes- or can't keep up with the talent level of the opposing starting line ups.

Bunching every bench guy- or as you've said- 6th man, into one category isn't accurate. Especially when you're talking about a sport where match ups are key factors in winning.
Yea, coming off the bench doesn't make you a bench player, got it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Williams
James Harden
Jamal Crawford
JR Smith

lmfao, the last 4 6th man of the years
LOL at Lou Williams. What other team would he be a starter on if he wasn't in LA?

Jamal Crawford has ALWAYS worked best as a 6th man. From what I can recall Doc only has used him as a starter when he's dealing with injuries or the starters are in foul trouble.

JR Smith has been a mental midget in every capacity when he started for every team prior to going to Cleveland.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, coming off the bench doesn't make you a bench player, got it.
What you need to get is a grasp on different concepts. This might help you understand what you're watching in games.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Lou Williams. What other team would he be a starter on if he wasn't in LA?

Jamal Crawford has ALWAYS worked best as a 6th man. From what I can recall Doc only has used him as a starter when he's dealing with injuries or the starters are in foul trouble.

JR Smith has been a mental midget in every capacity when he started for every team prior to going to Cleveland.
lol

keep changing the narrative to fit your agenda, literally all you've been doing everytime I son you.

Here's the literal definition of bench player, with it used in a sentence.

Sports.
  1. the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
  2. thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes:
    A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship
the definition of bench

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you need to get is a grasp on different concepts. This might help you understand what you're watching in games.
You might want to grasp that you jumped in an argument that had nothing to do with you and was already over, and preceded to say the same shit the guy I argued with before said, maybe just read the thread next time and save yourself the trouble.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to grasp that you jumped in an argument that had nothing to do with you and was already over, and preceded to say the same shit the guy I argued with before said, maybe just read the thread next time and save yourself the trouble.
First off this is a public forum, therefore there is no 1 on 1 convo's here. Grasp that.

Second, I don't need you to agree to solidify my opinion. Debates are useful to help understand other perspectives. Grasp that so you can debate like an adult rather than a 10 year old.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off this is a public forum, therefore there is no 1 on 1 convo's here. Grasp that.

Second, I don't need you to agree to solidify my opinion. Debates are useful to help understand other perspectives. Grasp that so you can debate like an adult rather than a 10 year old.
It's not even an opinion

A bench player comes off the bench

he said, "a bench in the playoffs has never meant anything"

The bench in the playoffs has meant a lot throughout the years.

This isn't a debate, you're twisting everything I saiy

I get it, a bench is what you say it is, a bench matters when you say it matters, this player isn't a bench player because you don't think he's a bench player

that's how you're arguing

lol, is that what you do every time? Call someone a child after you try and twist their words around and they don't take the bait or agree with your dumb bullshit?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even an opinion

A bench player comes off the bench

he said, "a bench in the playoffs has never meant anything"

The bench in the playoffs has meant a lot throughout the years.

This isn't a debate, you're twisting everything I saiy

I get it, a bench is what you say it is, a bench matters when you say it matters, this player isn't a bench player because you don't think he's a bench player

that's how you're arguing

lol, is that what you do every time? Call someone a child after you try and twist their words around and they don't take the bait or agree with your dumb bullshit?

I'm not twisting anything you've said. Just offering you a different perspective.

I simply explained how using Iggy as an example was contrary to your thought process since he was only a bench player on this team because GS was deep in terms of talented guys. His production off the bench was more beneficial to them but he was/is still a starter caliber player.

Again, you don't have to agree. I don't recall in ANY of my posts asking you to. You do act like a child in terms of your inability to articulate. Even worse is your ability to understand other perspectives of the game. It doesn't matter to me if you think it's dumb or bs. To each his own.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying it was you- because i know it wasnt- but werent there many an esteemed poster suggesting these "chemistry issues" were of no concern back in August?

I think that is merely a miscommunication. Both sides of this argument have different definitions of what makes a chemistry issue. To me, that implies that players are not getting along or that their skill sets don't compliment each other well.

I don't think this is a chemistry issue at all. The Warriors clearly have to work on late game situational play between now and June. They are ironing out the kinks. These type of situations were always going to happen, and anyone who thinks they weren't was not being realistic.

Still though, I don't see how this classifies as a chemistry issue. The fact that KD accepted the criticism and even agreed with Dray after the fact shows me that their chemistry is remarkably good.

Reactions: LAD