• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry passes to Durant in the Final minute

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dirty little secret of Pick-N-Roll basketball is turnovers.
If you defend it properly, you get a lot of turnovers on the switches and easy baskets the other way.

The true ISO almost never creates turnovers and it allows for the easiest hustle back on defense.
When you have a lead late, the only way you can lose would be if you keep turning it over and don't get on D.

TURNOVERS suck.
No single stat moves the W-L more than the turnover.
And they happen more often when players are exhausted. The ISO controls turnovers better than anything.

With a lead, I am not taking that risk.
I will run ISO with my best player 100 times out of 100 when people are exhausted and my team leads.

Now if I am trailing, I would run the pick-n-roll. Points are needed. Turnovers are worth the risk. It doesn't matter if you don't get back on defense if you don't score regardless.

The only way you lose?

Up 2 with 35 seconds?

Absolutely 100% wrong. You fail to score and the opponent has a chance to tie or win. The only way to lose is not a turnover, but the best way to win is getting a bucket.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second best player in the world, KD and destroying their bench to acquire him, has made them a worse team.

If Cavs stay healthy, it won't take them more than 5 to put them out this year.

You do realize bench means nothing in the playoffs right? Look at what the Cavs did against the Warriors last year. It was basically Kyrie and Lebron doing everything.

I'm so sick of everyone acting like having a strong bench is key to winning a title....It is not. Never have been and never will be. Having a deep bench does nothing for you in the playoffs. The Warriors winning or losing the title will depend on the big 4. Just like last year it depended on those 3. Let's quit acting like the Shaun Livingston and Mo Speights of the world are what win or lose the NBA finals.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize bench means nothing in the playoffs right? Look at what the Cavs did against the Warriors last year. It was basically Kyrie and Lebron doing everything.

I'm so sick of everyone acting like having a strong bench is key to winning a title....It is not. Never have been and never will be. Having a deep bench does nothing for you in the playoffs. The Warriors winning or losing the title will depend on the big 4. Just like last year it depended on those 3. Let's quit acting like the Shaun Livingston and Mo Speights of the world are what win or lose the NBA finals.
Lol, Iggy was finals MVP 2 years ago

Are you high?

And they lost Harrison Barnes

And Mike Miller and Shane battier and Ray Allen didn't help our heat in the yoffs?

Excuse while I laugh my fucking ass off

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still laughing at "having a strong bench does nothing for you in the playoffs"

LMFAO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Iggy was finals MVP 2 years ago

Are you high?

And they lost Harrison Barnes

And Mike Miller and Shane battier and Ray Allen didn't help our heat in the yoffs?

Excuse while I laugh my fucking ass off

I never said the bench don't help. I said they're not the reason you win or lose finals. Yea they can play good in a series. You win or lose with your stars. Simple as that. If LBJ played like shit, would it matter if Battier, Miller, and whoever else played good?

And you do realize Iggy started the final 3 games of that finals right? Because they realized they needed him to impact the game more. Let's not act like he came off the bench in all 6 games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still laughing at "having a strong bench does nothing for you in the playoffs"

LMFAO

So if a bench play great and your stars play like garbage, can you still win a title yes or no?

Now ask yourself this question. If your stars play great while the bench plays like trash, can you still win a title?

Every logical person would answer no to the first question and yes to the 2nd question

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a bench play great and your stars play like garbage, can you still win a title yes or no?

Now ask yourself this question. If your stars play great while the bench plays like trash, can you still win a title?

Every logical person would answer no to the first question and yes to the 2nd question
No shit Sherlock

But you can't win without a good bench

LBJ went off in the '13 finals and the '12 finals

Do they win without Battier/Allen/Miller?

You are the one saying a bench doesn't matter, when it's a laughable claim

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit Sherlock

But you can't win without a good bench

LBJ went off in the '13 finals and the '12 finals

Do they win without Battier/Allen/Miller?

You are the one saying a bench doesn't matter, when it's a laughable claim

The Cavs bench was good last year? What did you watch? The Cavs bench was awful

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs bench points in the final 3 games of the finals after falling behind 3-1

Game 5- 12 points
Game 6-15 points
Game 7- 10 points.

"But you can't win without a good bench" LMFAOOOOOOO

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy brings up one year (last year), after claiming the bench has NEVER, repeat, NEVER mattered, lmfao

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs bench points in the final 3 games of the finals after falling behind 3-1

Game 5- 12 points
Game 6-15 points
Game 7- 10 points.

"But you can't win without a good bench" LMFAOOOOOOO

Game 1- 10
Game 2- 24
Game 3-15
Game 4- 15

"But you can't win without a good bench"

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the bench don't help. I said they're not the reason you win or lose finals. Yea they can play good in a series. You win or lose with your stars. Simple as that. If LBJ played like shit, would it matter if Battier, Miller, and whoever else played good?

And you do realize Iggy started the final 3 games of that finals right? Because they realized they needed him to impact the game more. Let's not act like he came off the bench in all 6 games.
"You do realize a bench means nothing in the playoffs, right?"

" I never said a bench doesn't help"

Well which is it?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like you, your posts in the NBA thread are solid, I hope you are just drunk or realize all your contradictions and do some editing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it's never, NEVER, mattered.

Now you wanna switch your claim to "it didn't matter last year"?

Find me the NBA team who won the NBA finals when their stars did not play well. You win/lose NBA finals with your stars. If you can find me the one NBA team in the last 30 years who won the title due to a great bench while their stars played bad then I'll tip my hat to you

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me the NBA team who won the NBA finals when their stars did not play well. You win/lose NBA finals with your stars. If you can find me the one NBA team in the last 30 years who won the title due to a great bench while their stars played bad then I'll tip my hat to you
You said a bench "means nothing in the playoffs", which is what I was replying too, I never said a bench, by itself will win you a finals, but you said they mean NOTHING, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, 2 years ago GS stars, Klay and curry played like shit, their stars

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said a bench "means nothing in the playoffs", which is what I was replying too, I never said a bench, by itself will win you a finals, but you said they mean NOTHING, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, 2 years ago GS stars, Klay and curry played like shit, their stars

Curry didn't play like shit. Klay yes. Curry played damn good

And I don't think they mean very much. There is a reason why rotations get smaller and starters play more MPG once the playoffs begin.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry didn't play like shit. Klay yes. Curry played damn good

And I don't think they mean very much. There is a reason why rotations get smaller and starters play more MPG once the playoffs begin.
That's why Iggy won FMVP?

A year long BENCH player, a PLAYOFF long, bench player

"Bench means nothing in the playoffs"

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have saved yourself the embarrassment and just said that you meant to say " A bench won't win you a series in the playoffs"

But you doubled down