• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry passes to Durant in the Final minute

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Iggy won FMVP?

A year long BENCH player, a PLAYOFF long, bench player

"Bench means nothing in the playoffs"

He started the final 3 games which turned that series around. Please stop acting like he won MVP by coming off the bench in all 6 games.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started the final 3 games which turned that series around. Please stop acting like he won MVP by coming off the bench in all 6 games.
We are talking playoffs

You said, and I quote

"A bench means nothing in the playoffs"

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe/Shaq, the 2004 Lakers, and everything about the 2013 Lakers is chaos....THIS is just some manufacturered, fake drama

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying it will end up the "Shaq-Kobe Feud" ?

---------

After the loss, the division between O'Neal and Bryant came to a head. At the news conference after the final game, O'Neal addressed the uncertainty around Coach Phil Jackson's now-expired contract, and Bryant's impending free agency, which meant either or both might not return to the Lakers the next season. With regard to the issue of people possibly leaving the team, O'Neal commented that he understood that everyone would need to do what was best for themselves, then adding "including me".

Eventually Jackson, a favorite of O'Neal, was not offered a new contract by the Lakers. Many sports analysts and spectators assumed that this was because of Bryant, ...

Shaquille O'Neal (left) was traded to the Miami Heat while Kobe Bryant (right) re-signed with the Lakers.
A day after O'Neal was traded, Bryant re-signed with the Lakers for seven years and $136 million. Bryant said he enjoyed playing with both Jackson and O'Neal, and he said he did not influence the Lakers' decisions regarding the two. Regardless, newspapers the next day criticized Bryant for his alleged manipulation of the team.[

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure what point you are trying to make. Are you saying it will end up the "Shaq-Kobe Feud" ?
Not at all, what I'm saying is that I've seen real madness and chaos between a team watching the Lakers for all these years. What GS is going through isn't anywhere close to chaos, just a team(that's 24-6) trying to figure things out when it comes to the end of the game

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is a dumb thread
LOL, No kidding - The Warriors still have the best record in the NBA and they are stilling learning to play together. The regular games don't mean anything at. Way to much being made out of nothing

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read most of this thread but just offering my opinions of what I saw:

The previous two plays the Warriors had run a successful pick and roll by involving Z-Bo to have to defend in it. What Draymond was upset about was that Durant basically ignored what was working and reverted back to his OKC days of "your turn, my turn". Curry was having a clear advantage in those pick and rolls the few previous plays, but Durant came to the ball, which is his natural tendency. You can't blame him for this, but you also can't let it slide either which was why Draymond was so upset.

Curry deferred here, where he shouldn't have. Again this is a problem that will get fixed because the Warriors haven't been in too many close game situations this year to figure out how this is going to work.

Draymond is really the most cerebral player on the court, probably outside of Iguodala. He understands what's going on, what's working and really has a great feel for the in-game moments. He's honestly the only Warrior player I would say plays better with the game on the line.

In that moment, what Durant did was give up the advantage he was brought to the team to have. A Curry/Durant P&R with a natural 4 guarding Durant is impossible to defend. But for whatever reason, Durant wanted the ball and Curry gave it up. You could even see in the play that Curry goes back to Durant to try and set a pick to create that same advantage to see if the guard would switch out on Durant or if Z-Bo switched to Steph. Z-Bo stayed and Durant bailed him out by not even driving the ball to the hoop but settling for a contested jumper. That's OKC basketball, not Warriors basketball.

This is another chemistry issue that will get resolved with more repetition and time spent playing together. Curry became passive. Durant reverted to Iso-ball. Both players are at fault here. Curry needs to assert himself and wave Durant off. Durant needs to learn that he's not in a "give it to me, I'll make it work" situation anymore and doesn't need to just come back to the ball. In the past if he didn't do this with Westbrook, he wasn't getting the ball late in games. He doesn't need to do that with this team. He'll learn and they'll be better because of this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another chemistry issue that will get resolved with more repetition and time spent playing together. Curry became passive. Durant reverted to Iso-ball. Both players are at fault here. Curry needs to assert himself and wave Durant off. Durant needs to learn that he's not in a "give it to me, I'll make it work" situation anymore and doesn't need to just come back to the ball. In the past if he didn't do this with Westbrook, he wasn't getting the ball late in games. He doesn't need to do that with this team. He'll learn and they'll be better because of this.
not saying it was you- because i know it wasnt- but werent there many an esteemed poster suggesting these "chemistry issues" were of no concern back in August?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying it was you- because i know it wasnt- but werent there many an esteemed poster suggesting these "chemistry issues" were of no concern back in August?

There were a few who said there would be zero issues, but I recall many saying there would be some issues, but nothing that would linger. There's always some people who go to extremes for both sides, but I remember most being cautiously optimistic about the chemistry resolving itself sooner rather than later.

Still haven't hit the midway point in the season and with the way the team has been playing I'd say that the chemistry on a 10 point scale has been a 9.5. The last .5 can only be resolved really by game situations, like the one in the Memphis game.

From a structural standpoint things are looking good though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Warriors fan, but if I was one, I would have said in August that there would be chemistry issues, but they are not a concern in October of 2016. The Warriors still has the best record in the NBA and only the Cavaliers come close.

Question:

If the Warriors have serious chemistry issues with the best record in the NBA, then what does that say about the Cavaliers who should be the best in the NBA right now?

Answer:

It doesn't matter right now because championship teams or teams that intend to go the distance use the regular season to get everything to do. In the grand scheme of life, one pass by Durant or Curry simply does not matter right now. What will matter is how they have used those passes in the regular season to be prepared for the playoffs and finals if they make it. They have 41 more games or so to figure it out

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two betas fighting for the final play lol

Draymond getting frustrated
Draymond didnt even fucking move. What a little bitch. Hes a great player but he acts like hes the fuckign GOAT. He needs to stfu and do the dennis rodman thing of never ever talking.

Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond didnt even fucking move. What a little bitch. Hes a great player but he acts like hes the fuckign GOAT. He needs to stfu and do the dennis rodman thing of never ever talking.

Tell us how you really feel about him.

:dhd:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us how you really feel about him.

:dhd:

like i said hes a great player but sometimes hes a little bitch about things. hes the quintessential gritty player, and he stood in the corner. His ultimate fuck you. Fuck that guy! Ball smacking faggot!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither klay or draymond are superstars. I'm so sick of this 4 superstar talk. They have at most 2 superstars. Klay is a star and draymond is a really good all around player but not a star or superstar. Lmao at 4 superstars. We don't even have more than 10 superstars in the league but 4 of them are on this team? Sure
I think Dray is a superstar on defense. His effort on that end of the court most nights is unquestionable.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying. Kyrie and KD are two of the best in ISO.

I still think it is the wrong strategy in that situation, yet every team does it. Tie game, shot clock off, yes, you run ISO and take the shot close to the buzzer.

With the 2 point lead and 35 seconds? I say run offense. I am going to make up some numbers here, but I don't think they are too far fetched.

Say your ISO play gets you a bucket 40% of the time and your ball screen set gets you one 50% with a 5% chance at a TO. Worst case you lose the ball and give up a runout layup that ties the game and gives you possession at the buzzer for a game winner.

I still think with the lead, the best play is to run whatever gives your team the best chance at a bucket. ISO, even for the best scorers in the game usually isn't it.

It seems like every game I watch where this situation plays out, the offense goes ISO with the lead, takes a tough shot at the end of the clock. The defense inevitably gets the stop and a chance to tie or go ahead.
IMO ISO ball bails out the defense. If they continue to move the ball it would make the defense work hard to stop the ball rather than being able to concentrate on one player. I say move the ball (at least one pass, if possible) to see what opens up in terms of the highest % shot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Iggy was finals MVP 2 years ago

Are you high?

And they lost Harrison Barnes

And Mike Miller and Shane battier and Ray Allen didn't help our heat in the yoffs?

Excuse while I laugh my fucking ass off
Well in all fairness Iggy was moved up to a starting role in that series to defend James. Are you seriously saying that losing Barnes in the summer is going to effect their ability to win this season?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still laughing at "having a strong bench does nothing for you in the playoffs"

LMFAO
And quite honestly Kerr was pretty much the only coach in the playoffs in 2015 that didn't have to stick with an 8 man rotation. But all the other teams pretty much did.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in all fairness Iggy was moved up to a starting role in that series to defend James. Are you seriously saying that losing Barnes in the summer is going to effect their ability to win this season?
The guy I was replying too, said that and I quote, "A bench in the playoffs has never meant anything"

Do I think Barnes will matter this year? no

Do I think the bench has mattered for other championship teams in the past?, absolutely.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Iggy won FMVP?

A year long BENCH player, a PLAYOFF long, bench player

"Bench means nothing in the playoffs"
Well again, Iggy wasn't the typical bench player in those seasons either. On any other team he would've been a starter.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well again, Iggy wasn't the typical bench player in those seasons either. On any other team he would've been a starter.
So could most 6th man of the years, it's called having a great bench, when your 6 and 7 guys would start on most other teams.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I was replying too, said that and I quote, "A bench in the playoffs has never meant anything"

Do I think Barnes will matter this year? no

Do I think the bench has mattered for other championship teams in the past?, absolutely.
So do you think the Cavs bench mattered in game 7 last year? Or was it their starters that won that game when it was in the balance?