• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry passes to Durant in the Final minute

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two betas fighting for the final play lol

Draymond getting frustrated

Reactions: TJL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly were they fighting? Durant is clearly a better one on one player. Seems pretty clear that the play was give Durant the ball at the top of key and have him go to work.

I'll ask again. Where the hell were they fighting ?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly were they fighting? Durant is clearly a better one on one player. Seems pretty clear that the play was give Durant the ball at the top of key and have him go to work.

Clearly you didn't watch the game. Next.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the thread is that the media has programmed people into thinking that Jordan, Kobe, Durant, etc., playing 1 on 1 in these situations is the right way to play.

LeBron used to get criticized for not wanting to win because he passes out of a double team instead of forcing a shot. BS. He makes the right basketball play. Going 1 on 1 and dribbling into a contested shot is not a good play.

I don't know why Draymond was upset, but I would bet it was because GS went ISO instead of running actual offense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two betas fighting for the final play lol

Draymond getting frustrated
so glad the Cavs dont have this problem.

The King seems perfectly happy and content- and acknowledges that even though he is one of the very best of all time- that at this point- Kyrie is just probably the better option to take a last second shot.....its easy for LeBron to acknowledge that thoug h ithink becuase there might not be another guy in the entire LEAGUE youd rather have take a last second shot than Kyrie.

The Warriors will get it figured out- but this is the type of stuff you deal with when you add a 4th superstar to your team and break up the continuity that the Warriors had for a few years....they will figure it out eventually HELL- some people thought they already had if figured it out back in October....lol.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the thread is that the media has programmed people into thinking that Jordan, Kobe, Durant, etc., playing 1 on 1 in these situations is the right way to play.

LeBron used to get criticized for not wanting to win because he passes out of a double team instead of forcing a shot. BS. He makes the right basketball play. Going 1 on 1 and dribbling into a contested shot is not a good play.

I don't know why Draymond was upset, but I would bet it was because GS went ISO instead of running actual offense.
Draymond was upset because he wanted Curry and KD to run the pick 'n roll. KD wanted to do iso. As you can see, he waived Curry when Steph tried to set a screen for him. And then yea, KD chucked a contested three.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bashing of ISOLATION is just knee-jerk flavor of the month by TV talking heads (2015-present)
It is still arguably the most effective late game offense, but it just rarely occurs in a perfect true ISO.
Most savvy defenses wont even allow it to happen.

1) Defenders are weakened. One on One defense suffers most with fatigue.
2) Teams are usually in the Bonus and Stars get whistles late. The incidence of drawing a foul is higher.
3) Turnovers don't happen. ISO produces the fewest turnovers of any offensive play.

When you have a late lead, you want to take advantage of the weakened defense.
You want the referees to be forced to make blocking calls, ISO draws closer attention to it.
And the absolute last WORST POSSIBLE THING is to turn the ball over with a late lead.

You cannot lose late unless you start turning it over. That has always been the one golden rule.
Now, if you are trailing late. You can use pick-n-roll or motion offenses.

An efficient shot is more valuable than ball security when trailing.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also if you really watched the game. Before KD got the ball, Curry was about to set a play and wanted KD to go to his spot. KD didn't move, and just demanded the ball. And look in that video how Curry gave the ball to him. He's like "Fine, here take it!" and just throw it to KD's face. And during the timeout after that play, look at Steph's reaction during his way to the bench, same thing with Green who was yelling at KD after the timeout. Can't find a vid clip of it, but clearly they were pissed. It was obvious lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what KD said, Draymond wanted them to run another pick and roll instead of going iso there which is understandable

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so glad the Cavs dont have this problem.

The King seems perfectly happy and content- and acknowledges that even though he is one of the very best of all time- that at this point- Kyrie is just probably the better option to take a last second shot.....its easy for LeBron to acknowledge that thoug h ithink becuase there might not be another guy in the entire LEAGUE youd rather have take a last second shot than Kyrie.

The Warriors will get it figured out- but this is the type of stuff you deal with when you add a 4th superstar to your team and break up the continuity that the Warriors had for a few years....they will figure it out eventually HELL- some people thought they already had if figured it out back in October....lol.

Neither klay or draymond are superstars. I'm so sick of this 4 superstar talk. They have at most 2 superstars. Klay is a star and draymond is a really good all around player but not a star or superstar. Lmao at 4 superstars. We don't even have more than 10 superstars in the league but 4 of them are on this team? Sure

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people read way too much into nonsense. Are you a psychologist? The play was obviously to give Durant just like the last play of the 4th was to give Steph the ball

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't watch the game. Curry and draymond wanted to run a offensive set instead KD pulls up from 3. That's what draymond was mad about

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people read way too much into nonsense. Are you a psychologist? The play was obviously to give Durant just like the last play of the 4th was to give Steph the ball
"obviously"

i dont think it was "obvious" at all.....or why would they have that confusion at the beginning of the play.

you might be right--- but "obvious"- hardly- thats why it was exammined in the first place

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the play was for durant. Steph should have the ball in crunch time though
its the stuff that they have to figure out and after situations like this and a couple more here and there they will figure it out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't watch the game. Curry and draymond wanted to run a offensive set instead KD pulls up from 3. That's what draymond was mad about

Curry didn't want to run anything. If he truly wanted to run the P&R with Green then he would have never gave Durant the ball. The ball was in his hands. He could have waved Durant off and ran his set with Green if that's what he really wanted to do. He willingly gave the ball to Durant.

And for the record I did watch just about the entire 4th quarter and OT from about the 6 minute mark of the 4th and on.

Curry wanted to run a set but he willingly gave the ball to Durant lol sure. I see players wave teammates off all the time to run a different set.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry didn't want to run anything. If he truly wanted to run the P&R with Green then he would have never gave Durant the ball. The ball was in his hands. He could have waved Durant off and ran his set with Green if that's what he really wanted to do. He willingly gave the ball to Durant.

And for the record I did watch just about the entire 4th quarter and OT from about the 6 minute mark of the 4th and on.

Curry wanted to run a set but he willingly gave the ball to Durant lol sure. I see players wave teammates off all the time to run a different set.
Please stop. You don't know what you're saying. You didn't even watch the game.