• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry hurt vs Wolves

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outcome of this game doesn't really matter.

The whole thing was awkward, not sure what Rubio was doing there, but he basically fell o Steph funny.

Steph returned to the game, but that doesn't really matter at this point.

IF Steph isn't 100%, Dubs are going to have a hard time staying in games.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played like shit today and they still won handily. Its such a shame though that such a good player is so fragile.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outcome of this game doesn't really matter.

The whole thing was awkward, not sure what Rubio was doing there, but he basically fell o Steph funny.

Steph returned to the game, but that doesn't really matter at this point.

IF Steph isn't 100%, Dubs are going to have a hard time staying in games.

Steph will be fine. He said he's playing anyway

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Steph is able to play through some issues but I hope the ankle doesn't fully give out on him when it matters the most

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't look too concerned in the postgame interview. Seemed to be implying that if it wasn't the 5th game of the year, he would have been out there. Long season ahead, so no need to make a small problem linger.

Best win of the year. More suffocating defense, more frustrated opposing big men, and more athleticism. Barnes was stellar off the bench. And Klay? Damn, very early, but if he keeps this up, he's in the all star discussion.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Curry: "It’ll be alright. I had a rough third quarter, but I’m not concerned long-term. I’ll get my treatment and get ready for SA."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game....I don't know wtf rubio was even trying to do.....it looked dumb and even somewhat intentional, sad to say. Hope steph is okay though.

I agree. I've never seen anyone step on other players' feet and twist his ankle more than Curry. I wonder if some of this is intentional. Bottom line though is Curry is not a guy you can count on day to day to be healthy enough to play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't look too concerned in the postgame interview. Seemed to be implying that if it wasn't the 5th game of the year, he would have been out there. Long season ahead, so no need to make a small problem linger.

Best win of the year. More suffocating defense, more frustrated opposing big men, and more athleticism. Barnes was stellar off the bench. And Klay? Damn, very early, but if he keeps this up, he's in the all star discussion.[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness for those two fellas. I like the fact that a different guy seems to pick the team up each game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, after watching the replay, it really didn't look bad at all. Curry came back in the game and looked as if he wasn't bothered by it. Could have been adrenalin, so we'll have to see how the ankle and knee respond after a day or two. Shouldn't be a huge problem, imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, after watching the replay, it really didn't look bad at all. Curry came back in the game and looked as if he wasn't bothered by it. Could have been adrenalin, so we'll have to see how the ankle and knee respond after a day or two. Shouldn't be a huge problem, imo.

Oh. I was hoping the injury was the reason he played so poorly. Glad he's OK though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Curry got tangled with Ricky Rubio at the 8:41 mark of the third quarter, hyperextend his right knee and had to call a timeout to seek medical attention. The Warriors' point guard re-entered the game about three minutes later, but then he rolled his left ankle and couldn't return."

Unbelieveable how fragile this guy is.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure that I've seen recognition in this thread, but the primary injury Curry suffered wasn't from the situation with Rubio..... That tweaked his right knee, but he worked that out.

After he came back in the game from that, he took an off-balance shot on the move and landed awkwardly, slightly rolling his left ankle. (The one he's had most of the problems [and surgeries] with is the right ankle, but it was his left ankle that he tweaked in the playoffs last year.) He didn't seem too concerned about it, hopefully he is able to come out and play on Friday and Saturday. However, it was this second play, unrelated to the Rubio play, which led to the more concerning injury that kept him out of the end of yesterday's game.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I've seen recognition in this thread, but the primary injury Curry suffered wasn't from the situation with Rubio..... That tweaked his right knee, but he worked that out.

After he came back in the game from that, he took an off-balance shot on the move and landed awkwardly, slightly rolling his left ankle. (The one he's had most of the problems [and surgeries] with is the right ankle, but it was his left ankle that he tweaked in the playoffs last year.) He didn't seem too concerned about it, hopefully he is able to come out and play on Friday and Saturday. However, it was this second play, unrelated to the Rubio play, which led to the more concerning injury that kept him out of the end of yesterday's game.
I thought I heard Fitz. Barnett and the post-game boys talking about a bruise to his foot. Were they wrong, or was I hearing things?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just conformed it was a bone bruise. GREAT News!

At least its not the ligaments. I'll reserve judgement for a while yet to see whether the Warriors are telling the truth or not. Sometimes teams like to downplay the severity of injuries