• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry and Durant are both averaging 27 PPG

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think they have that figured out.
What I am talking about - is that as good as the Warrior look right now, they will be 100% more by the time the playoffs come. They can win regular games right now and are winning them, but I think they have a ways to go before they would be ready for another finals. By the time that comes - they will be prepared. Word

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is essentially already that role player who does the other stuff really well.
Seems like they are a little weak at the small forward position. I would want to move one of the picks from pf to the sf position that could be a starter just in case, but they may have already got that figured out - I don't follow them from day to day

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am talking about - is that as good as the Warrior look right now, they will be 100% more by the time the playoffs come. They can win regular games right now and are winning them, but I think they have a ways to go before they would be ready for another finals. By the time that comes - they will be prepared. Word
Oh word?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying they will win now, I am just saying they will be ready. Winning is not guaranteed. Upsets happen, like when you go to your wallet and find that your wife and children have lifted your money

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying they will win now, I am just saying they will be ready. Winning is not guaranteed. Upsets happen, like when you go to your wallet and find that your wife and children have lifted your money
They're the best in the West even with the current learning curve.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. The offense is good enough to win 65 games already. But the defense will need to improve or they will get beat in the playoffs.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - I am just saying - that we have not seen their best yet. They are going to be an awesome team
I agree the more they play together, the more they'll improve. That's some scary shit.

They're getting some good practice tonight against the Celtics' D League bench.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The offense is good enough to win 65 games already. But the defense will need to improve or they will get beat in the playoffs.
That's what I am talking about - they have to know how to step their game up to a higher level in the playoffs. Once they do that - they have a good shot at the finals

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the more they play together, the more they'll improve. That's some scary shit.

They're getting some good practice tonight against the Celtics' D League bench.

Can you believe the Lakers beat the Warriors? I nearly fainted. I am well pleased at the progress the Lakers have made. I honestly was afraid the Celtics was going to be better than the Lakers and I want the Celtics to be miserable and terrible. I'm just mean and hateful that way:lol:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe the Lakers beat the Warriors? I nearly fainted. I am well pleased at the progress the Lakers have made. I honestly was afraid the Celtics was going to be better than the Lakers and I want the Celtics to be miserable and terrible. I'm just mean and hateful that way:lol:

Lakers have beaten the Warriors by a lot once every year the past 3 years, with an inferior team. They are Warriors kryptonite. I wouldn't be that surprised if they win one of the upcoming back to back games vs them

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh trust me I feel the same way about the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have beaten the Warriors by a lot once every year the past 3 years, with an inferior team. They are Warriors kryptonite. I wouldn't be that surprised if they win one of the upcoming back to back games vs them
That used to drive me nuts when the Lakers did that cr ap so I know it leaves you cursing at them:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have expressed interest in Klay Thompson because his dad played for them on the Magic Johnson team. Jerry West told Kupchak earlier in the season that they might get their wish if Klays numbers don't get better. I think they may have problems with sharing the ball with the player players if this is the case

Lakers/Warriors trade makes no sense for either.

The Lakers best assets are young players whose best days are ahead of them, but are not battles tested. Russell and Mozgov for Klay would make the Warriors considerably worse today. Klay fits their offense very well because he doesn't need the ball and he is a point defender. Mozgov is not nearly good enough to make up for the downgrade. Honestly, that trade would probably be bad for the Lakers also.

I do not think GS does anything, but the type deal that would actually make sense is something like this:

3 team deal.

GS gives Klay and McCaw

Gets Bradley, Crowder and Noel
Boston gets Klay
Philly gets McCaw + something else from Boston

Golden State keeps Klay unless they get a deal like this that solves every potential problem.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers/Warriors trade makes no sense for either.

The Lakers best assets are young players whose best days are ahead of them, but are not battles tested. Russell and Mozgov for Klay would make the Warriors considerably worse today. Klay fits their offense very well because he doesn't need the ball and he is a point defender. Mozgov is not nearly good enough to make up for the downgrade. Honestly, that trade would probably be bad for the Lakers also.

I do not think GS does anything, but the type deal that would actually make sense is something like this:

3 team deal.

GS gives Klay and McCaw

Gets Bradley, Crowder and Noel
Boston gets Klay
Philly gets McCaw + something else from Boston

Golden State keeps Klay unless they get a deal like this that solves every potential problem.
If the Warriors were to do anything, they need to ramp up their bench - or move Klay to the bench so that the bench can produce more - Klay would still get his minutes, but produce more and give Durant and Curry theirs

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors were to do anything, they need to ramp up their bench - or move Klay to the bench so that the bench can produce more - Klay would still get his minutes, but produce more and give Durant and Curry theirs

They don't need more bench, they can play 2 of their big 4 all game and rotate them in and out.

They need to figure out the defense, and they might need a rim protector that they don't have. But maybe not. CitySushi has pointed out that if they can get their perimeter D back to where it was last year there won't be that much going on inside. And then they can still outscore any team in the league.

The challenge as always is LeBron and the Cavs, because he is unguardable.