• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry and Durant are both averaging 27 PPG

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is taking only taking one less shot per game this year. 17.3 attempts per game last year, 16.3 attempts this year. Draymond dropped from 10.1 attempts per game last year to 9.4 attempts per game this year. Not huge differences.

Sorry didn't see your post before I went on my rant. Good catch though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry didn't see your post before I went on my rant. Good catch though.

The one thing that I would add to the discussion is that free throw attempts are also down. Given that Klay has great FT% numbers and Draymond has decent FT%, their overall PPG numbers are going to be hurt by that.

Klay hits FTs at such a high percentage that losing one FT per game and one shot per game is going to decrease his PPG probably by around 2 PPGs, notwithstanding any decrease in offensive efficiency that he's experiencing this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note this opens up the MVP race for LBJ to run away with it. Burry and KD wont win it because they will split votes.

I don't think there is a chance for Lebron bc of all these younger guys putting up ridiculous numbers...yes having the most wins helps but Lebron is only averaging about 24 ppg....his assist and rebound numbers have went up even playing less minutes but I don't think it is enough to win MVP with these other guys playing so well....Harden, Derozen, Westbrook, Davis.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson and Green cant be happy they are getting pushed out on offense. Before KD green and Thompson would be the #2 guy on the floor any given night. It looks like it will be KD and Curry.

Like I said before no one is beating this team unless GS does something stupid and trades Klay or Green. They do need to improve their bench and maybe pick up a rebounder

Green doesn't give a shit...he is just a hustle guy. Thompson is the guy they have to worry about but honestly I think it will work out especially if they are winning. He has heated up a bit, as long as he gets open shots his role should be limited more and he can focus on defense more, something they desperately need to focus on. Right now the offense is too much to handle for any team, at least in the regular season.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden State Warriors, everything thats wrong with professional basketball.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 together have been pretty good. Real magic to see these 2 together for sure.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a chance for Lebron bc of all these younger guys putting up ridiculous numbers...yes having the most wins helps but Lebron is only averaging about 24 ppg....his assist and rebound numbers have went up even playing less minutes but I don't think it is enough to win MVP with these other guys playing so well....Harden, Derozen, Westbrook, Davis.

If we're honest LeBron should be working on his 6th straight MVP. Just like Jordan shoulda won it every year once he became the dominant force he was. LeBron is easily the best overall player in the league, and the one player most likely to deliver a championship. He won't be forever but he is still now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green doesn't give a shit...he is just a hustle guy. Thompson is the guy they have to worry about but honestly I think it will work out especially if they are winning. He has heated up a bit, as long as he gets open shots his role should be limited more and he can focus on defense more, something they desperately need to focus on. Right now the offense is too much to handle for any team, at least in the regular season.
He will care when he isnt an All Star anymore because of it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is almost avg a triple double. He will be in talks. Right now who is in the lead. 2nd might be Jimmy Butler. Guy is carrying the Bulls. He took the next step. i would say LBJ. Harden and Lillard teams arent playing great.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and shooting 50%

No team in NBA history has ever had 2 players do that in the same season!

Can they become better than Jordan-Pippen?

Lakers have expressed interest in Klay Thompson because his dad played for them on the Magic Johnson team. Jerry West told Kupchak earlier in the season that they might get their wish if Klays numbers don't get better. I think they may have problems with sharing the ball with the player players if this is the case

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Klays points stat this season are a direct reflection of his inability to shoot as efficient as he has in the past. His TO stats are also his own doings. Neither have anything to do with KD joining the team & I struggle to see how you think they're related.

KD took HB's spot in the starting line-up. The difference this season is now the defense has to stay honest because KD is a much more efficient scorer. I think Klay was getting more shots when HB was in that line-up because he was the more efficient scorer.
Is that a picture of your designated driver when you're drunk dude?:lol:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have expressed interest in Klay Thompson because his dad played for them on the Magic Johnson team. Jerry West told Kupchak earlier in the season that they might get their wish if Klays numbers don't get better. I think they may have problems with sharing the ball with the player players if this is the case

Pics or it didn't happen

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics or it didn't happen
All I know is that is what they said at the beginning of the season on the ESPN radio station. It's no skin off my nose if you don't believe it. I am not holding my breath either and quite frankly I don't think his numbers are that bad. There has been a slight drop in ppg, and a slight increase in the TO, but some one had to take a hit for Durant to come in. I think they will be fine although one of the original starting players may end up becoming a top sixth man player

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that is what they said at the beginning of the season on the ESPN radio station. It's no skin off my nose if you don't believe it. I am not holding my breath either and quite frankly I don't think his numbers are that bad. There has been a slight drop in ppg, and a slight increase in the TO, but some one had to take a hit for Durant to come in. I think they will be fine although one of the original starting players may end up becoming a top sixth man player

Only way they trade Klay to the Lakers is if they get back Mozgov and Russell and a 1st rounder. Do you do that deal?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way they trade Klay to the Lakers is if they get back Mozgov and Russell and a 1st rounder. Do you do that deal?
I am assuming you mean the Lakers would trade Mosgov, Russell and a first round pick for Klay and I say no. I think West might have joking any way and wasn't really serious. It's way to early to be making radical changes like that and quite honestly - I think Russell is more valuable to the Lakers than Thompson - They are grooming him to be the next best point guard in the NBA - Something the Lakers haven't had since Magic Johnson left. I like Klay, but I like what the Lakers have and I don't think they need to make any trades. I don't think it would speed anything up for the Lakers any way and Mozgov has been a beast in the Center for the Lakers - I like that as well

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming you mean the Lakers would trade Mosgov, Russell and a first round pick for Klay and I say no. I think West might have joking any way and wasn't really serious. It's way to early to be making radical changes like that and quite honestly - I think Russell is more valuable to the Lakers than Thompson - They are grooming him to be the next best point guard in the NBA - Something the Lakers haven't had since Magic Johnson left. I like Klay, but I like what the Lakers have and I don't think they need to make any trades. I don't think it would speed anything up for the Lakers any way and Mozgov has been a beast in the Center for the Lakers - I like that as well

Well the Ws probably have to give Pachulia in that deal to mke the numbers work and give Mozgov the starters job.

But I agree neither team wants to make major moves like that. FWIW Thompson is having a monster game in Boston right now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Ws probably have to give Pachulia in that deal to mke the numbers work and give Mozgov the starters job.

But I agree neither team wants to make major moves like that. FWIW Thompson is having a monster game in Boston right now.
Thompson-Durant-Curry are now going to be the big three and everyone else should be role players. Once they get that figured out, they will be fine.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson-Durant-Curry are now going to be the big three and everyone else should be role players. Once they get that figured out, they will be fine.

Draymond is essentially already that role player who does the other stuff really well.