• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, Bryce Johnson got added to the roster without a corresponding move. I wonder if today was considered a "doubleheader".

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking this through...for 2024 we have:

Forto $18M if he opts in -- or we get a comp pick
Manaeuuuugh -- $12.5M
Stripling -- $12.5M
Discuuugh -- $12M
Taylor -- $12M
Haniger -- $20M
Wilmer -- $6.5M
Spyder -- $8M
LJax -- $6.5M
Cobb -- $10M

Everybody else is either a FA or Arb. That's a pretty well managed budget I have to say.

However, there is potential there for $36M dead money if Manaea, Strip, and Disco continue to suck. I'd expect one to step up and be a rotation piece and another to be useful as well. Hopefully, Haniger will bounce back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manaeuuuugh -- $12.5M
Stripling -- $12.5M
Discuuugh -- $12M
Taylor -- $12M
Haniger -- $20M
Wilmer -- $6.5M
Spyder -- $8M
LJax -- $6.5M
Cobb -- $10M

Everybody else is either a FA or Arb. That's a pretty well managed budget I have to say.

However, there is potential there for $36M dead money if Manaea, Strip, and Disco continue to suck. I'd expect one to step up and be a rotation piece and another to be useful as well. Hopefully, Haniger will bounce back.
We would need to offer Conforto a QO in order to get compensation. A QO will be worth probably just south of 19m.

Not certain he would be able to get more than 18m elsewhere, but if he were to opt out, and there isn’t, I would guess they would probably offer the QO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manaeuuuugh -- $12.5M
Stripling -- $12.5M
Discuuugh -- $12M
Taylor -- $12M
Haniger -- $20M
Wilmer -- $6.5M
Spyder -- $8M
LJax -- $6.5M
Cobb -- $10M

Only these guys are full FAs…

Pedo
Craw (likely to retire)
Wood
Junis
Brebbia
Alexander

Of that group, I would def let Craw, Wood and Junis go with little attempt to retain. Pedo, I would be open talks, but not anywhere near what he made this year, and even then, I am not sure he fits the roster. Brebbia i think needs to be a target for retaining. Alexander would be nice to bring back, but he is too injury prone, so if he finds a better situation elsewhere, good luck to him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need to offer Conforto a QO in order to get compensation. A QO will be worth probably just south of 19m.

Not certain he would be able to get more than 18m elsewhere, but if he were to opt out, and there isn’t, I would guess they would probably offer the QO.
I would think, barring injury, it's a foregone conclusion that he gets the QO if he opts out.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only these guys are full FAs…

Pedo
Craw (likely to retire)
Wood
Junis
Brebbia
Alexander

Of that group, I would def let Craw, Wood and Junis go with little attempt to retain. Pedo, I would be open talks, but not anywhere near what he made this year, and even then, I am not sure he fits the roster. Brebbia i think needs to be a target for retaining. Alexander would be nice to bring back, but he is too injury prone, so if he finds a better situation elsewhere, good luck to him.
Craw is washed. Hoping for a dead cat bounce month or two from him.
Wood I'd think about bringing back.
JJ is likely to pitch his way off the team.
Joc, I'd think about for sure...can we offer him the QO again?
Alexander would be another conversation, but we have a lot of good young arms.
And yes, Brebbia is likely to be retained. Just to irritate me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw is washed. Hoping for a dead cat bounce month or two from him.
Wood I'd think about bringing back.
JJ is likely to pitch his way off the team.
Joc, I'd think about for sure...can we offer him the QO again?
Alexander would be another conversation, but we have a lot of good young arms.
And yes, Brebbia is likely to be retained. Just to irritate me.
A player can only get a QO once in his career. But no way in hell does he get another one (he shouldn’t have gotten the first one. Enjoy the lottery, Jocco.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are serious about acquiring Ohtani, does it make any sense to re-sign Pederson? Where does he fit on a team with Ohtani? 1st Base is already taken and he has no business in the outfield.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are serious about acquiring Ohtani, does it make any sense to re-sign Pederson? Where does he fit on a team with Ohtani? 1st Base is already taken and he has no business in the outfield.
He doesn’t fit anywhere. He is a very streaky one-dimensional player.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND…

That is a video game trade. Piling more and more garbage on our offer does not make our offer more enticing. Bart and/or Ramos MIGHT be an OK sweetener, but without a BIG piece involved, it ain’t happening.

MAYBE Luciano and Bart. And I am not even sure which team would balk at that offer.
Yeah, I really was being facetious with that, but I'd think those two would both be part of a deal that would include many/several other names.

I don't know that we really need Ohtani anyway. It'd be nice to have him, or someone like him though... I'd rather get front line pitching.

My gut tells me Ramos isn't done here. Bart... not so much.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we get Shohei, that will signal Joc is on the way out.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really was being facetious with that, but I'd think those two would both be part of a deal that would include many/several other names.

I don't know that we really need Ohtani anyway. It'd be nice to have him, or someone like him though... I'd rather get front line pitching.

My gut tells me Ramos isn't done here. Bart... not so much.
Ok, who's gonna tell him?