• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still impressive we have two Giants' fans on this forum who live in Canada. Just would have been really impressive if they were both in the same province as well.
I'm Canadian by marriage. Does that count?

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of talent on this roster is really starting to show now. Then there is the almost certainty that any player who signs with the Giants immediately under performs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of talent on this roster is really starting to show now. Then there is the almost certainty that any player who signs with the Giants immediately under performs.
There's the old Nolan. Knew your weird optimism would fade with the first sign of trouble.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the old Nolan. Knew your weird optimism would fade with the first sign of trouble.

I thought they had developed a strong bullpen with the guys they brought in last year and they made a very solid effort to improve their rotation this year with the addition of Snell, Ray and Hicks but now the BP is bad, the starters have not performed either so what should have been a powerful pitching staff is a complete mess. Passionately, three hitters they added, Soler, Chapman and Lee have not produced for one reason or another. The Giants just seem snake bit

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants called up left-hander Raymond Burgos, who was pitching well in Sacramento and can go 2-3 innings out of bullpen. Trenton Brooks was DFA’d.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Birdsong to debut Wednesday. The cupped keep on coming.

June 25: RHP Hayden Birdsong to debut Wednesday
Manager Bob Melvin said Birdsong, the Giants' No. 6 prospect per MLB Pipeline, will be called up from Triple-A Sacramento and start against the Cubs on Wednesday in his Major League debut. Birdsong, 22, logged a 2.51 ERA with 75 strikeouts over 57 1/3 innings in 13 starts between Double-A Richmond and Sacramento this year. He is not on the 40-man roster, so the Giants will have to clear a spot before activating him on Wednesday.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Birdsong to debut Wednesday. The cupped keep on coming.

June 25: RHP Hayden Birdsong to debut Wednesday
Manager Bob Melvin said Birdsong, the Giants' No. 6 prospect per MLB Pipeline, will be called up from Triple-A Sacramento and start against the Cubs on Wednesday in his Major League debut. Birdsong, 22, logged a 2.51 ERA with 75 strikeouts over 57 1/3 innings in 13 starts between Double-A Richmond and Sacramento this year. He is not on the 40-man roster, so the Giants will have to clear a spot before activating him on Wednesday.
With Ray and Warren close to being ready, that is 3 40 man roster spots that will need to be cleared soon. Does the Giants recall Roupp and/or Meckler and put them on the 60 day IL? Or do they dfa one or both of them? They would still need to clear 1 more spot even if both are 60 day'd or dfa'd. I would guess either Burgos or Teng are dfa'd within the next couple of weeks. Or Luke Jackson could get his walking papers.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
With Ray and Warren close to being ready, that is 3 40 man roster spots that will need to be cleared soon. Does the Giants recall Roupp and/or Meckler and put them on the 60 day IL? Or do they dfa one or both of them? They would still need to clear 1 more spot even if both are 60 day'd or dfa'd. I would guess either Burgos or Teng are dfa'd within the next couple of weeks. Or Luke Jackson could get his walking papers.
a lot of choices here. The lower half of the roster is horrible. No one they would miss

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea about any injury status’ (stati?) of the kids in the minors, so I don’t know who could be eligible for the 60. However, I would guess that DFA candidates could be…

Teng (his numbers have never been good, but the org seems to like him)
Burgos (his numbers have not been bad, but he was not on my radar before his recent call up)
Casali (with Murphy MAYBE coming back soonish?)
McDonald (he is a bit old to be at such a low level, and he has never posted good numbers)
Jackson (no brainer who should be the first one jettisoned)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is making 6.5M this year, but I can’t imagine that would be a barrier for booting him at this point. He has been completely ineffective. There is also an already sunk cost of 2M on the buyout of his ‘25 option.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Warren?

Edit: Austin Warren. My bad. Forgot about him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea about any injury status’ (stati?) of the kids in the minors, so I don’t know who could be eligible for the 60. However, I would guess that DFA candidates could be…

Teng (his numbers have never been good, but the org seems to like him)
Burgos (his numbers have not been bad, but he was not on my radar before his recent call up)
Casali (with Murphy MAYBE coming back soonish?)
McDonald (he is a bit old to be at such a low level, and he has never posted good numbers)
Jackson (no brainer who should be the first one jettisoned)
Just looked up both Roupp and Meckler. Apparently, they've both started (or, in Meckler's case, restarted) rehab assignments in the ACL (which currently sports a roster of 42 active players. Why did the Giants eliminate the ACL Giants Orange team, exactly?).
Teng, Burgos and Jackson, in no particular order, are the 3 most likely candidates I see getting the boot from the 40.
Casali seems a good candidate for the boot when Murphy is ready. However, Murphy has yet to start a rehab assignment so Casali has some more time.
McDonald has been on an extended "rehab assignment" in Eugene after beginning the year on the IL. Not sure exactly why the Giants don't just activate him on the Richmond roster as he is still on their roster as an injured player. He has dealt with a lot of injuries but I'm not sure the Giants want to get rid of him yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked up both Roupp and Meckler. Apparently, they've both started (or, in Meckler's case, restarted) rehab assignments in the ACL (which currently sports a roster of 42 active players. Why did the Giants eliminate the ACL Giants Orange team, exactly?).
Teng, Burgos and Jackson, in no particular order, are the 3 most likely candidates I see getting the boot from the 40.
Casali seems a good candidate for the boot when Murphy is ready. However, Murphy has yet to start a rehab assignment so Casali has some more time.
McDonald has been on an extended "rehab assignment" in Eugene after beginning the year on the IL. Not sure exactly why the Giants don't just activate him on the Richmond roster as he is still on their roster as an injured player. He has dealt with a lot of injuries but I'm not sure the Giants want to get rid of him yet.
DFA does not necessarily equate to “get rid of”, but it certainly exposes them to that potentiality.