• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Ahmed is active today and Casey Schmitt has been optioned. Marco Luciano also was activated from his rehab assignment and optioned to Sacramento.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article makes the point that Murph was supposed to be back by now and that Casali sucks.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article makes the point that Murph was supposed to be back by now and that Casali sucks.
Gonna need a little more from FZ, obviously

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't even on the 40, so at this point, it is just shuffling of deck chairs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need a little more from FZ, obviously
They won't do it, but I'd actually be OK with a full on punt at this point. I don't need to get much back for these five
1. Dump Soler
2. Dump Conforto
3. Dump Chapman
4. Dump Snell
5. Dump Flores

SP: Webb/Ray/Hicks/Harrison/Cobb(or Winn)
RP: Doval/Tyler/Taylor/Jax/Hjelle/Walker/Miller/Winn(or Cobb)
IF: LWJ/Tyro/Ahmed/Schmitt/Fitz/Wisely
OF: Yaz/Slater/Ramos/Matos/Sabol
C: Bailey/Porter

Rotate the DH. Savings this year: about $45M. Savings next year: $67M.

Add Luci, Warren, Beck, Small, Roupp, Avila, Black, Teng, VR, Meckler as needed/when ready

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't do it, but I'd actually be OK with a full on punt at this point. I don't need to get much back for these five
1. Dump Soler
2. Dump Conforto
3. Dump Chapman
4. Dump Snell
5. Dump Flores

Add Luci, Warren, Beck, Small, Roupp, Avila, Black, Teng, VR, Meckler as needed/when ready
Giants are as good as every other team chasing the 2nd and 3rd wild cards even with all the injuries and you want to punt and save the billionaires who own the team some money. Weak ass fan.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are as good as every other team chasing the 2nd and 3rd wild cards even with all the injuries and you want to punt. Weak ass fan.
I want to get in position to contend. To do that we need inventory and budget. Dumping those five would accomplish both.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to get in position to contend. To do that we need inventory and budget. Dumping those five would accomplish both.
We are contending right now you goober

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budget is a myth. We are a big market team, and money will NEVER be the reason we won’t contend. We should never sell for the sake of selling. We should only sell if we get an asset in return. And of the pieces you named, Flores and Conforto are pretty useless, so they aren’t going anywhere. Snell, Chappy and Soler all have value, but I doubt we would be able to get positive value in any trade for them (MAYBE Chappy).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budget is a myth. We are a big market team, and money will NEVER be the reason we won’t contend. We should never sell for the sake of selling. We should only sell if we get an asset in return. And of the pieces you named, Flores and Conforto are pretty useless, so they aren’t going anywhere. Snell, Chappy and Soler all have value, but I doubt we would be able to get positive value in any trade for them (MAYBE Chappy).
I think all five can be dumped for prospects. In fact, I don't think it'd be that hard. We wouldn't get a lot back for Snell or Soler, but the others might be a nice A+ player. Then, you've got budget and more inventory. I'm pretty bullish on the minors and would love to see it stoked even further. Also, dumping those five would open up ML opps for younger players to see what we have.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Dump Soler
2. Dump Conforto
3. Dump Chapman
4. Dump Snell
5. Dump Flores

One and Two would be fine for now. Those two aren't giving anything so replacements should be just as good, with a small chance of being worse, but we might see improvement after all just a month ago there was talk here of dumping Heliot and now we are happy he got his chance he might never have gotten without the injuries. :bounce::brick:

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all five can be dumped for prospects. In fact, I don't think it'd be that hard. We wouldn't get a lot back for Snell or Soler, but the others might be a nice A+ player. Then, you've got budget and more inventory. I'm pretty bullish on the minors and would love to see it stoked even further. Also, dumping those five would open up ML opps for younger players to see what we have.
To get rid of the big high dollar free agents we signed we would have to cover their whole salary. Chapman is close to what we expected but hoped for more. Until Snell recovers nobody will want him, so we have to wait it out. Seeing a glimpse of hope with Soler getting on base but still sucks with runners on base. Maybe he can be put under hypnosis to think there is no runners on base and he will start producing without him realizing it. :noidea:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get rid of the big high dollar free agents we signed we would have to cover their whole salary. Chapman is close to what we expected but hoped for more. Until Snell recovers nobody will want him, so we have to wait it out. Seeing a glimpse of hope with Soler getting on base but still sucks with runners on base. Maybe he can be put under hypnosis to think there is no runners on base and he will start producing without him realizing it. :noidea:
I would be interesting to see him react when the crowd starts cheering for what he thinks is a simple bases empty single.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interesting to see him react when the crowd starts cheering for what he thinks is a simple bases empty single.
Or if he were to get a simple single in the bottom of the 11th.

“Why is everyone storming me? I will be called out if any of them touch me!”

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure of that. For instance, I don't think we'd have to cover Snells contract to trade him. The fact we wouldn't be sending money out would of course reduce the return, but I don't think its a given that we'd have to absorb some/all of the contract. And yes, Snell would have to be healthy and I think he will be. I could see a team wanting to take on Soler's contract for the chance at good Soler for the stretch run.