• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb and Winn both placed on 15 day IL
Harrison and Hjelle recalled
Winn was actually placed on the 7-day Covid IL. At this point, it probably doesn’t make a difference, but there you have it…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I just saw the reason Crawford was pulled yesterday. I assume that Fitzgerald is coming up and Crawford is going on the IL. That is a bummer for Crawford, I would have loved to see him play his last games in SF and would much rather Fitzgerald called up a month ago with DeJong jettisoned. Oh well. Glad to see Fitzgerald is coming up!

Of course, Fitzgerald may just be on the taxi squad and no roster moves are actually being made. Luciano could also get the actual call up so the Giants don't have to figure out 40 man roster space when its time to activate Winn before the end of the season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Fitzgerald will be just the 3rd Giants player and 1st position player from the 2019 draft to reach the majors. Cole Waites and Caleb Kilian are the others.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I just saw the reason Crawford was pulled yesterday. I assume that Fitzgerald is coming up and Crawford is going on the IL. That is a bummer for Crawford, I would have loved to see him play his last games in SF and would much rather Fitzgerald called up a month ago with DeJong jettisoned. Oh well. Glad to see Fitzgerald is coming up!

Of course, Fitzgerald may just be on the taxi squad and no roster moves are actually being made. Luciano could also get the actual call up so the Giants don't have to figure out 40 man roster space when its time to activate Winn before the end of the season.
I STRONGLY disagree with ILing Craw this close to the end of the season. He needs to end his career on the field at Oracle. Even if he just goes out for the top of the first and is subbed out before 1st pitch. ILing him is just not the way it should have been done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why it wasn't Beck yesterday. Hjelle now have to be exposed to waivers since this is his 6th option of the year.
You really think another team will give a 40-spot to Hjelle?

But you are right. Making the move the way they did just looks incompetent. I see no logical reason for it to have been this way.

I will gladly take another 3 years wandering in the desert if it means jettisoning this administration this off-season. What a freakin’ failure.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I STRONGLY disagree with ILing Craw this close to the end of the season. He needs to end his career on the field at Oracle. Even if he just goes out for the top of the first and is subbed out before 1st pitch. ILing him is just not the way it should have been done.
I have 3 theories on this:
1. FZ doesn't give a crap about honoring a player at the end of his career. All the good stuff essentially happened on another FO's watch. However, I would hope that this is not true and FZ is better than that. But even if he is not, I would hope ownership would step in and prevent that.
2. Crawford doesn't want a big deal made and isn't pushing for one last game at home. May be why he hasn't publicly said anything about retirement.
3. Crawford doesn't want to retire and hopes to land somewhere for another season! That shatters our hopes that he retires only a Giant but I don't know what if he really wants to continue playing and is oblivious/ignoring what his body and both offensive and defensive slips are telling him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think another team will give a 40-spot to Hjelle?

But you are right. Making the move the way they did just looks incompetent. I see no logical reason for it to have been this way.

I will gladly take another 3 years wandering in the desert if it means jettisoning this administration this off-season. What a freakin’ failure.
I have no idea. Maybe, maybe not. What I don't get is why do you call him up, only to option him the very next day when the guy you replace him with could have been called up instead. It looks incompetent and it says to Hjelle "we really don't care for you so we are going to trying to get rid of you in a passive aggressive sort of way".

I think he will pass through successfully but some team may want to try him out. He has one more option year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBRef indicates that Craw will be eligible to come off the IL for the last game of the season, which is at home against the doggies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. Maybe, maybe not. What I don't get is why do you call him up, only to option him the very next day when the guy you replace him with could have been called up instead. It looks incompetent and it says to Hjelle "we really don't care for you so we are going to trying to get rid of you in a passive aggressive sort of way".

I think he will pass through successfully but some team may want to try him out. He has one more option year.
Not a single word to disagree with, as much as I try…