• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hopefully he gets activated and gets that final appearance in.
Tbh, I don’t really care if Craw wants it or not. And I DEFINITELY don’t give a shit if FZ cares.

Giving Craw that moment is about the fans. Craw was a face-of-the-franchise level player during a championship era. That moment has to happen.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they didn’t think that through now did they ?
I think they know these things, they just don't care. My guess is that they don't think that highly of Meckler, they just brought him up because they were desperately seeking hitting and hoped to catch lightning in a bottle with him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they know these things, they just don't care. My guess is that they don't think that highly of Meckler, they just brought him up because they were desperately seeking hitting and hoped to catch lightning in a bottle with him.
I don’t really fault the org if that is their read on him. Imho, he has a CEILING of a AAAA/#5 OFer. He just doesn’t have enough power to do anything long term.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really fault the org if that is their read on him. Imho, he has a CEILING of a AAAA/#5 OFer. He just doesn’t have enough power to do anything long term.
If he is able to play average or better defense and can keep up the high on base percentage, I could see him making his way to a 4th outfielder role. But even if he becomes a useful 5th outfielder guy, the Giants would have been wise to not let his option year get taken so late in the season. Of course, most 5th outfielders usually bounce around multiple organizations so it is likely the Giants move on from him before he burns all three option years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is able to play average or better defense and can keep up the high on base percentage, I could see him making his way to a 4th outfielder role. But even if he becomes a useful 5th outfielder guy, the Giants would have been wise to not let his option year get taken so late in the season. Of course, most 5th outfielders usually bounce around multiple organizations so it is likely the Giants move on from him before he burns all three option years.
I agree that burning an option at this point in the year is bad asset management. But worrying about that, I think, is micromanaging.

And we both agree that he does not appear to be a meaningful asset, so picking THIS to roll eyes about with this FO is a waste of perfectly good eye rolls that this FO deserves for other reasons.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if they didn’t use that option if they traded him wouldn’t his new team still have that option ?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if they didn’t use that option if they traded him wouldn’t his new team still have that option ?
Yup. But he likely doesn’t have a lot of trade value. He would only be used as a sweetener.

Nobody is calling FZ and asking what it would take to pry Meckler from the Giants.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that burning an option at this point in the year is bad asset management. But worrying about that, I think, is micromanaging.

And we both agree that he does not appear to be a meaningful asset, so picking THIS to roll eyes about with this FO is a waste of perfectly good eye rolls that this FO deserves for other reasons.
I'm not coming at this in a vacuum. Its just another head scratching move among many head scratching moves. On the surface, it appears sloppy and careless. But yes, in and of itself, it is not worth an eye roll but it adds to the overall eye roll for the FO.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Crawford retires instead of coming back next year as a bum.
There is zero chance Crawford plays next year. Certainly not with the Giants and of course not with another team.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance Crawford plays next year. Certainly not with the Giants and of course not with another team.
You and I know best, but Crawford has said he wants to play next year. I bet the A’s would take him as at least a back up.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that. Did you see an interview or read that somewhere?
Yes somewhere in one of the San Francisco papers they did a short interview and he said he wants to play next year. Now maybe as the season progressed and the team now could be beaten by T-Ball teams he might have changed his mind.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes somewhere in one of the San Francisco papers they did a short interview and he said he wants to play next year. Now maybe as the season progressed and the team now could be beaten by T-Ball teams he might have changed his mind.
If that was at the start of the season I would have to think he's changed his mind. But I'm not him so who knows. He has yet to announce anything officially.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about Craw this AM on M&M and they specifically said Craw has not said anything about his plans for next season. Certainly there isn’t a spot for him here (sad, but I agree with this stance), but they floated the idea (not a rumor, just them throwing shit around) that going to the Spanks for a year makes SOME sense. He has the connection with Cole.

But I believe (I certainly wouldn’t act the fool by stating there is ZERO chance) he will retire after this season.