• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Beede is on the 60, not the COVID. So maybe Chatwood is coming back???
Really, Moronta for Chatwood? I understand that Moronta didn't look good this year but didn't he still have another option year? Seems like an idiotic move but the FO probably knows something we don't.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Moronta for Chatwood? I understand that Moronta didn't look good this year but didn't he still have another option year? Seems like an idiotic move but the FO probably knows something we don't.
According to my records (potentially incorrect), he still had 3 options, including this year (he had already “activated” his option this year). But he missed two years due to two separate MAJOR arm injuries. And his performances, both in the majors and in the minors were REALLY bad. I would guess the org knows that he is a flier at this point. Or at least that other teams would view him as nothing better than a flier.

On the surface, I think it is time to officially remove him from radars.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Susan Slusser:

Scott Kazmir is here. Looks like a likely option tomorrow.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Belt on the IL does that mean TyRo is back?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Belt on the IL does that mean TyRo is back?
I assume the Giants will place Belt on the IL but haven't officially done so yet. I hope that they call up Estrada but wouldn't be surprised to see Vosler.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume the Giants will place Belt on the IL but haven't officially done so yet. I hope that they call up Estrada but wouldn't be surprised to see Vosler.
Ruf will be avail to come off the IL soon as well.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruf will be avail to come off the IL soon as well.
That is true but its still a few days away, so I wouldn't be surprised if the FO (knowing FZ's penchant for transactions) calls up someone to fill in the space between Belt's injury and Ruf's activation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming my effective date is accurate, Ruf is not eligible to come off the IL until Sunday.

So assuming Belt will be placed on the IL today (effective Sunday), I think theses are the candidates to be called up or activated…

Cueto (activated)
McGee (activated)
Long
Jackson
Bart
Estrada

Bart would allow some flexibility to put Posey at 1st, but Posey hasn’t played a single inning at 1st all season, so I doubt that will happen.

Cueto is apparently pencilled in as the Thursday starter, so I doubt he will be the move today.

I have not heard anything regarding McGee’s status, but if he is ready, I think he is the no-brainer move.

Long and Jackson, I think, are long shots (no pun intended), but if FZ/Kap think an arm is needed over a bat, one of them could be the move.

Estrada is likely the default move, unless McGee is ready.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming my effective date is accurate, Ruf is not eligible to come off the IL until Sunday.

So assuming Belt will be placed on the IL today (effective Sunday), I think theses are the candidates to be called up or activated…

Cueto (activated)
McGee (activated)
Long
Jackson
Bart
Estrada

Bart would allow some flexibility to put Posey at 1st, but Posey hasn’t played a single inning at 1st all season, so I doubt that will happen.

Cueto is apparently pencilled in as the Thursday starter, so I doubt he will be the move today.

I have not heard anything regarding McGee’s status, but if he is ready, I think he is the no-brainer move.

Long and Jackson, I think, are long shots (no pun intended), but if FZ/Kap think an arm is needed over a bat, one of them could be the move.

Tyro was pulled from the Sac game yesterday...I think he's the call up.

As for McGee - Quintana goes down
Cueto -- Kazmir goes down
Ruf -- Tyro back down.

The intriguing question for me is: what does the 26 man roster look like for the playoffs?

My guess

SP: Webb, Gas, Disco, Wood, JC (who probably pitches in long relief)
RP: McGee, TRog, Doval, Garcia, Leone, Watson, Alvarez, Castro??
C: Buster, Babe
IF: Craw, Flowers, Stars, Longo, Barrels, Ruf?
OF: KB, Yaz, Wade, DigDug, Slater

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cueto (activated)
McGee (activated)
Long
Jackson
Bart
Estrada

I don't think McGee is ready yet. Last I heard, he was just starting to play catch from 90 feet last Friday. It will probably be a few more days before activation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruf -- Tyro back down.

The intriguing question for me is: what does the 26 man roster look like for the playoffs?

My guess

I hope Quintana is gone when McGee is activated. He is the clear weak link in that bullpen.

As for the playoffs, I think Littell (yeah, I know, you just vomited a little) is in over Duggar. The Giants may want more arms than 13. They've usually carried 14 pitchers through most of the season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruf -- Tyro back down.

My guess

Katz can’t “go down”. He would need to be DFA’d, and I am not certain they want to lose him going into the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Quintana is gone when McGee is activated. He is the clear weak link in that bullpen.

As for the playoffs, I think Littell (yeah, I know, you just vomited a little) is in over Duggar. The Giants may want more arms than 13. They've usually carried 14 pitchers through most of the season.
Is Slater higher on the depth chart than DigDug?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shittell says "hi."