• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Grant Brisbee a few days ago...he called it:

New York Yankees: Mike Tauchman​

Why the Yankees would give him up

The Yankees have plenty of beefy big-boy sluggers, but they need more help everywhere else than you might expect. Tauchman is a nice left-handed complement for a very right-handed lineup, but he also didn’t hit a single home run last year in 111 plate appearances. He’s already 30, so the Yankees might think that his strong 2019 season was a fluke and try to get value for him.

Why the Giants would want him

He’s a left-handed outfielder who plays all three outfield positions, and he has power potential. It’s not complicated.

Why it’s not going to happen

If the Giants had a starting-pitching surplus, there might be a fit. If the Yankees had more lefty bats on the bench, maybe they’d be willing to trade Tauchman. As is, neither of those are true, so it’s more unlikely than a lot of these ideas.
I wonder if the Yankees are kicking themselves for not dealing him in spring training 202 or earlier, when his value had to be much higher. Peralta isn't exactly going to answer much of their bullpen needs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Yankees are kicking themselves for not dealing him in spring training 202 or earlier, when his value had to be much higher. Peralta isn't exactly going to answer much of their bullpen needs.
The dreaded PTBNL scares me on this deal, though.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out your scorecard, boys & girls, because FZ has been active:
Yastrzemski on the 10 day IL
Santos optioned
Tauchman activated
Selman recalled

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kervin is up; no mention of corresponding move.
This feels like another Santos move. Moving a pitcher too fast because of a lack of minor league season last year. I know the brass was impressed by him in spring but he didn't look that good. Hope it works out better than Santos.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like another Santos move. Moving a pitcher too fast because of a lack of minor league season last year. I know the brass was impressed by him in spring but he didn't look that good. Hope it works out better than Santos.
Cant be any worse than Wisler or Jarlin.