• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:jaw:I mean, the writing was on the wall and FZ is known to pull the trigger, but its still a bit shocking and, while I thought Pence needed to go, it still feels weird to see such a lovable guy, who did so much for the club, jettisoned like that. I would rather that they had not signed him back on to the club, but that ship sailed months ago.

And Coonrod wasn't sent to Sacramento (or the alternate training site, which is the same thing, but different). He listed on the active roster and Daniel Robertson, whom the Giants acquired for cash, is at the ATS. Pence's dfa makes room for him on the 40 and Coonrod on the 28.

The old regime this is not. Pretty surprising, nonetheless.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they release Sandoval soon. It isn't as if the Giants don't already have enough guys who can play 3B, with the advantage that they can also play 2B competently.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they release Sandoval soon. It isn't as if the Giants don't already have enough guys who can play 3B, with the advantage that they can also play 2B competently.
My guess is that the Robertson acquisition is a precursor to this.

I have no idea about anything about Robertson outside of the fact he is a versatile player. I ASSUME he plays 3B?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea about anything about Robertson outside of the fact he is a versatile player. I ASSUME he plays 3B?

In his career:

2b- 106 games

3b- 79 games

ss- 69 games

lf- 5 games

p- 2 games

1b- 1 game

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his career:

2b- 106 games

3b- 79 games

ss- 69 games

lf- 5 games

p- 2 games

1b- 1 game
Well, there ya go. I expect to see him up within the week. My guess is that he was assigned to the alternate site for a combination of getting eyes on him and for a quarantine period.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even without Sandoval, do we really need another infielder?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need someone to cover 3B. Flores and Solano have looked rough there and Dubon hasn’t played, so there must be a reason for that.

A backup 3B has been needed all season regardless. A major hole created when Posey decided to opt out...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I think Robinson will find a nice role pretty easily. I could also see this as a precursor to a Solano trade as well, but for now I'd assume Sandoval's day's are numbered.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Robinson will find a nice role pretty easily. I could also see this as a precursor to a Solano trade as well, but for now I'd assume Sandoval's day's are numbered.
Yes, if Pence gets let go, I could see Sandoval being next. And I didn't think about Robertson being a replacement for Solano. That would make sense.
However, I think back to Scott Harris' words just before the season started. He expected the team to contend and that they would be buyers. I understand that is GM speak for " root for us and pay money so we can make a profit!" but that kind of GM speak usually translates to corresponding action at the trade deadline. Yes, it is FZ but I would think his underling wouldn't speak out of turn like that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need someone to cover 3B. Flores and Solano have looked rough there and Dubon hasn’t played, so there must be a reason for that.

A backup 3B has been needed all season regardless. A major hole created when Posey decided to opt out...
Speaking of which...

where you at, @Mays-Fan

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Shaw got added to the 60 player pool. About time they did something with him. This whole "no 60 player pool but no dfa" nonsense needed to end.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Shaw got added to the 60 player pool. About time they did something with him. This whole "no 60 player pool but no dfa" nonsense needed to end.

Could be a trade coming for him, although I don't imagine his value is that high to warrant a noteworthy trade.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a trade coming for him, although I don't imagine his value is that high to warrant a noteworthy trade.
I thought about that but, considering he hasn't played a professional game in nearly a year, the only way he's going in a trade is in some kind of prospect bundle for some upper tier player where the Giants are buyers. That may be in the works, but I think its more likely that the Giants are getting him into game shape to fill out the roster after shipping out some MLB players as sellers.
But I think the most likely scenario is that they had an open spot on the 60 player roster and they thought they could have him get ready in case an injury requires his presence.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that but, considering he hasn't played a professional game in nearly a year, the only way he's going in a trade is in some kind of prospect bundle for some upper tier player where the Giants are buyers. That may be in the works, but I think its more likely that the Giants are getting him into game shape to fill out the roster after shipping out some MLB players as sellers.
But I think the most likely scenario is that they had an open spot on the 60 player roster and they thought they could have him get ready in case an injury requires his presence.

All I think are fair thoughts. Shaw is something of an enigma at the moment.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I think are fair thoughts. Shaw is something of an enigma at the moment.
The way Belt is hitting at the moment, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to move him. Whoever gets him gets another year of control, in hopes that he sustains his production through next year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I guess the Giants are comfortable with the quartet of Bart, Tromp, Heineman and Herrmann.
Is it possible that Garcia could be ready sooner rather than later?