• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His deteriorating play meant that there would be no grand send off into free agency but I thought what he did for the org would have at least end time to the end of the season and then the non-tender. This ain't Sabean's show any longer.
But he simply wasn’t producing. And the org made a commitment to at least half-ass attempt to win. In that atmosphere, he had to go. And maybe it shakes the team up a bit to get their damn feet off the desk.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he simply wasn’t producing. And the org made a commitment to at least half-ass attempt to win. In that atmosphere, he had to go. And maybe it shakes the team up a bit to get their damn feet off the desk.
You may not have noticed that your missing a name on the roster, probably because this transaction happened very quietly - Giants Claim Ryan Dull

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe and Gerber were brought here by him. They sucked all along and we would have been better off not bringing them here at all. We gave a team a closer for crap prospects who will never see the majors, big whoop. He has not improved the future of the team at all. He is just taking trash off of shit teams and then adding it to our line up. The Giants are a mediocre team at best. It would have been better to suck all the way to the end and build up the farm system instead of just moving crap for more crap and think you are actually doing stuff.

Yeah I would have traded Bum for prospects. I would have rather ate some of the contract of Melancon and gotten a real piece for him. Smith should be a Red Sox, they are desperate for a closer. We have no need of one cause we are not going anywhere anytime soon. We are going to be mired in being a .500 team for years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were already at 39 when Dull was picked up, I just didn’t update the counter. So we are now back to 39 with Panik’s DFA

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe and Gerber were brought here by him. They sucked all along and we would have been better off not bringing them here at all. We gave a team a closer for crap prospects who will never see the majors, big whoop. He has not improved the future of the team at all. He is just taking trash off of shit teams and then adding it to our line up. The Giants are a mediocre team at best. It would have been better to suck all the way to the end and build up the farm system instead of just moving crap for more crap and think you are actually doing stuff.

Yeah I would have traded Bum for prospects. I would have rather ate some of the contract of Melancon and gotten a real piece for him. Smith should be a Red Sox, they are desperate for a closer. We have no need of one cause we are not going anywhere anytime soon. We are going to be mired in being a .500 team for years.
Who were the Sox offering for Smith? You clearly have insider info that the rest of us don’t have.

What awesome deals for ?Bum did FZ turn down?

The FO/ownership is just supposed to put up with empty stands while they tank for however long you deem necessary?

Look, I agree that getting a nice package for Bum and/or Smith would have been ideal. But the last month’s play made that path impossible from a marketing standpoint.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may never know about the prospects offered for Bum. My totally uneducated WAG is that the offers were few, and they were paltry. If that was the case, there was no NEED to move Bum just for the sake of moving him.

Bum thrives when the games count. And the last several years have been a grind for him injury wise, but also the games haven't really counted late in the season. Bum is a stud in the playoffs, not so much in some meaningless game in April.
While he has been a playoff stud in the past, that is certainly no gaurantee of future performance. But I understand that we all would like to think that he would again dazzle us if he ever got to the post season again.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda hoping for Gerber over Rickard but I'm not surprised.

I didn't know Anderson was hurt. Sounds like its just a blister and he'll only miss one start. Duggar may not be back this year. That's two years in a row.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants claimed Kyle Barraclough from the Nats. I am assuming he is added to the 25-man

Duggar moved from the 10-day to the 60-day. No bueno. He is officially Mr Glass.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per RosterResources, Barraclough still has 3 options, so maybe he is headed to Sacto? He would have to accept that assignment, I think, since he already has 4 years experience. Not certain how that works, though...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per RosterResources, Barraclough still has 3 options, so maybe he is headed to Sacto? He would have to accept that assignment, I think, since he already has 4 years experience. Not certain how that works, though...
I am really not used to this dizzying amount of transactions. I think I'm getting queasy.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster moves in the past two days:
  • Steven Duggar placed on the 10 day IL
  • Shaun Anderson placed on the 10 day IL
  • Sam Selman recalled from Sacramento
  • Joey Rickard recalled from Sacramento
  • Travis Bergen activated from the 60 day IL
  • Steven Duggar moved from 10 day to 60 day IL
  • Sam Selman optioned to Sacramento
  • Tyler Austin sent outright to Sacramento
  • Kyle Barraclough claimed off waivers from Miami
  • Kyle Barraclough optioned to Sacramento

Someone needs to develop a scorecard to keep track of FZ's manic moves. It would be interesting to see the percentage of successes versus failures on his transactions (in terms of player production).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 13 players on the 40 but in the minors, only 4 are actual Giants products. The other 9 were acquired from other orgs.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the limit used to be 5 years of service time, but maybe that's changed. And IF he has 4 years of service time, he just got them, since he started the season with 3.059 (3 years, 59 days). Options are option years - only 'senior' players can refuse. There is (well, was - I'm not sure anymore) a different limit for being outrighted to the minors : a player can refuse if he has 3 years of service time (but if he walks he then gives up his guaranteed contract if he has less than 5 years of service time).