• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he already on the 40? Are they making room early for Cueto or, more likely, we about to find out about another waiver pick up?

I did hear a rumor that the Giants would consider having Cueto rehab at the ML level with short stints.

I think it's more likely they didn't want to send any of the other pitchers down, and they can't send Bergen down traditionally so they just DFA'd him.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear a rumor that the Giants would consider having Cueto rehab at the ML level with short stints.

I think it's more likely they didn't want to send any of the other pitchers down, and they can't send Bergen down traditionally so they just DFA'd him.
It is an interesting move that Avelino was even brought up. The team usually carries 13 pitchers and 10 infielders/outfielders. I do expect Cueto to be activated after one more rehab start.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an interesting move that Avelino was even brought up. The team usually carries 13 pitchers and 10 infielders/outfielders. I do expect Cueto to be activated after one more rehab start.

Before that move the Giants were carrying 14 pitchers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Oh wow, I have been lagging on keeping up with their roster moves.
Going back to Travis Bergen, I do find it curious the need to dfa him. He had much better numbers than Andrew Suarez (who has options) and, arguably, has pitched better than Tony Watson right now. He could have been considered the top lefty in the bullpen, outside of the closer. Yeah, I know, Watson's meltdowns (which have been numerous lately) are a blip on the screen and he should (no guarantee) right himself soon. But considering how poorly Suarez has thrown, why not just option him to Sacramento for Avelino?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to Travis Bergen, I do find it curious the need to dfa him. He had much better numbers than Andrew Suarez (who has options) and, arguably, has pitched better than Tony Watson right now. He could have been considered the top lefty in the bullpen, outside of the closer. Yeah, I know, Watson's meltdowns (which have been numerous lately) are a blip on the screen and he should (no guarantee) right himself soon. But considering how poorly Suarez has thrown, why not just option him to Sacramento for Avelino?

source.gif

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis with two more HR at Sacramento tonight (9 with the RC's), and hitting .390

Cueto got lit up by a very weak hitting Modesto team, 4.1 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 1 W, 3 K. It didn't help that Tona allowed both of his inherited runners to score, credited to Cueto.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB Trade Rumors:
After the Giants designated him for assignment, Rule 5 selection Travis Bergen has cleared waivers and will return to his former organization, the Blue Jays. He’s been assigned to Triple-A Buffalo as he makes his return to the team that drafted him in 2015. Bergen, a left-handed reliever, got into 21 games for the Giants this year and compiled a 5.49 ERA in his first taste of the big leagues. Between two levels of the minors in 2018, he posted a 0.95 ERA while striking out 74 batters in 56 2/3 innings.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, maybe you didn't link the right article, but Sandoval is undergoing TJ.
The article talks about multiple Giants and starts with Gustave, hence the title. You have to read a bit to get to Sandoval.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it... I can't read
I thought you were getting that Sandoval was going to have TJ surgery from the article I linked. But I just saw this article that talks about his pending surgery: Panda's season to end with Tommy John surgery. Sounds like there is a possibility, though, that Sandoval gets activated for at least one more AB with the Giants this year.