• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants will also have to make a decision on Logan Webb soon. He's set to come off the restricted list this month and will require another 40-man move.

I'm guessing Austin is DFA'd. Green makes him redundant.

I have no clue about the other move for Menez, though. Probably Ryder Jones DFA'd or something, and Blach sent down.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner Menez and Zach Green will both be promoted tomorrow. No idea the corresponding moves yet as both will require 40-man moves.

Excited for both. Menez has been putting up huge K numbers since last year, obviously tweaking something with his pitching and it's paid off big time.

Green has massive power and he hits the ball in the air a lot. Good combination. He'll strikeout a lot though. I wonder if Tyler Austin's days are numbered. Green will likely fill in at 3B against lefties, with Pablo starting against righties.

I am surprised to see Menez this soon, but he seems to have figured some things out.

Green already has 25+ homers at AAA, and is only 25 years old. Dude can hit. Can he play decent D? :noidea: I was wondering a few weeks ago how long it would take to see him here. I like Austin's power, a lot, but his average is atrocious. Let the churn continue!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised to see Menez this soon, but he seems to have figured some things out.

Green already has 25+ homers at AAA, and is only 25 years old. Dude can hit. Can he play decent D? :noidea: I was wondering a few weeks ago how long it would take to see him here. I like Austin's power, a lot, but his average is atrocious. Let the churn continue!

I don't think Green is much of a defender. Honestly he's probably just a younger version of Austin that can play 3rd. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, because if a guy with that skillset can put it together, that's a solid regular.

I'm really excited for both of these moves. Both guys excel in things the Giants have lacked recently: strikeouts from our starters and homers from our bats.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Holland DFA’d
Ryder Jones DFA’d
Ty Blach sent to Sacramento

Justin Green added to 25 and 40
Conner Menez added to 25 and 40

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly a little surprised about Holland, but he's redundant with Pomeranz in the pen. Just didn't think they'd do it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Webb reinstated from Restricted List
Ty Blach DFA’d

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was never that enameled with Blach. He was meh at best.

Everyone went gah gah over his rookie year, but that was really only because all the other started sucked ass. His numbers were journeyman #4 level at best.

All things equal, I guess I would prefer he remains in the org, but I don’t think it really makes a difference either way. He is a penny-a-dozen type player.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was never that enameled with Blach. He was meh at best.

Everyone went gah gah over his rookie year, but that was really only because all the other started sucked ass. His numbers were journeyman #4 level at best.

All things equal, I guess I would prefer he remains in the org, but I don’t think it really makes a difference either way. He is a penny-a-dozen type player.

He was useful as a guy who could come up in a pinch, but that role has become redundant with D-Rod and Suarez around. He definitely made a huge impression because of his performances against the dodgers, but yeah he was never going to be a consistent starter in the current climate of baseball.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is calling Webb, I believe, a druggie on FB.

What are they on about?

Giants' Logan Webb: Returns from suspension

Webb was reinstated from the restricted list Saturday, Andrew Baggarly of The Athletic reports.

Webb returns from his 80-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will report to Double-A Richmond, where he'll start Sunday. In five starts at the Double-A level this season, the 22-year-old has an ERA of 2.00 with a 1.15 WHIP. The right-hander could be a candidate to join the major-league club once rosters expand in September. Ty Blach was designated for assignment in a corresponding move.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pomeranz and Black traded to Brewers for Dubon

That opens 1 25 slot, and I would guess that is why DRod was pulled from his start.

Not sure if Dubon if going to Sacto or SF.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pomeranz and Black traded to Brewers for Dubon

That opens 1 25 slot, and I would guess that is why DRod was pulled from his start.

Not sure if Dubon if going to Sacto or SF.

Why would you want Pomeranz... I mean other than whatever reason we had...?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want Pomeranz... I mean other than whatever reason we had...?
We signed him a flyer, basically with the intention of trading him today.

The Brewers want him because he 4 inning from the pen apparently convinced them he is useable. I would also guess they value Black. And Dubon was blocked.

The Giants gave up their garbage for a player on another team with little local value. Perfect overall trade that helps both teams

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melancon traded to Braves for Winkler and Beck

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Winkler goes to SF and Beck goes to minor league camp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Why would you want Melancon... why did we want him again...?
Did you follow baseball in 2016. Do you remember the 2016 NLDS?

The Giants NEEDED a closer. There were 3 elite closers on the market and Melancon was the cheapest of the 3 (and arguably the only one truly available). It was clearly an overpay, but it was also a major area of need on the team at the time.

It didn’t work out, but it wasn’t like we were expecting a guy to be any kind of long term solution.