• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 years old? Why? He clearly won’t be ready for the bigs for AT LEAST 2 more years...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because FZ hasn't made a dumpster dive sign for a few weeks, and it was driving him crazy. So yeah, pick up a guy released by the worst team in baseball. He can only help. :tsk:
That's what really gets me. The Orioles released him. Granted, their offense is slightly better than ours, but . . . the Orioles!
He did post a .713 OPS last year, so he's not as bad as I thought, but he's no upgrade over the current crop of guys on the MLB or AAA level.

Apparently, the Giants needed to move Vincent to the 60 day because they are purchasing Alex Dickerson's contract. At least, that is my assumption, seeing that he is not on the River Cat's roster and it looks like he is listed as a Giant on his MiLB player card:
upload_2019-6-21_17-41-2.png

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what really gets me. The Orioles released him. Granted, their offense is slightly better than ours, but . . . the Orioles!
He did post a .713 OPS last year, so he's not as bad as I thought, but he's no upgrade over the current crop of guys on the MLB or AAA level.

Apparently, the Giants needed to move Vincent to the 60 day because they are purchasing Alex Dickerson's contract. At least, that is my assumption, seeing that he is not on the River Cat's roster and it looks like he is listed as a Giant on his MiLB player card:
View attachment 208490

Guy gets traded on June 10, hits .176 with Sacramento, and gets called up to the Giants on June 21.

Meanwhile, both Slater and Gerber are hitting .300 or better, with 11 and 15 homers apiece, and they are in Las Vegas tonight with the RCats.

The FO must not like Slater nor Gerber. They keep bringing in older guys, who get about a week or ten days to show they can't hit, then get released.

Great development strategy, and very motivating for the guys toiling in the minors hoping for a call up.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy gets traded on June 10, hits .176 with Sacramento, and gets called up to the Giants on June 21.

Meanwhile, both Slater and Gerber are hitting .300 or better, with 11 and 15 homers apiece, and they are in Las Vegas tonight with the RCats.

The FO must not like Slater nor Gerber. They keep bringing in older guys, who get about a week or ten days to show they can't hit, then get released.

Great development strategy, and very motivating for the guys toiling in the minors hoping for a call up.
Gerber did get about a week on the team earlier in the season (which is why he is back on the 40 man roster. He was dfa'd in spring training, I believe). Slater is being used more as an infielder this year. Both he and Avelino got passed by when Solano got promoted. Solano, at least, was hitting better than both of them at the time.

What I don't know is who does Dickerson replace. There must be an injury we don't know about or they've given up on Austin.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duggar added to 10-day IL
Nick Vincent moved from 10-day to 60-day IL (I totally forgot about this dude)

Joey Rickard added to 40-man roster (he gets Vincent’s spot)
Alex Dickerson added to 40-man and 25-man rosters (he takes the open 40-man spot and Duggar’s 25 spot)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this Dickerson kid will pay early dividends. Not sure why I think that, I just have a feeling...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duggar added to 10-day IL
Nick Vincent moved from 10-day to 60-day IL (I totally forgot about this dude)

Joey Rickard added to 40-man roster (he gets Vincent’s spot)
Alex Dickerson added to 40-man and 25-man rosters (he takes the open 40-man spot and Duggar’s 25 spot)
I forgot about Duggar getting pulled from yesterday's lineup.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand slam?

Wha??

Huh??
source.gif

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't Tyler Rogers fill that role in the bullpen? (I had to make a Rogers comment at some point this season. However, he hasn't actually earned a promotion this year, which would make a 2019 promotion ironically funny, in my mind).
First, I completely trust the Giants scouts and talent evaluators. They know 1000x more than I do, so anything I say is like an ant suggesting a new fuel for the space program. That said...

With the trend of extreme fire ballers at the MLB level, maybe going counter-strategy with an equally extreme junk-baller like Rogers would be worth a try

:noidea:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I completely trust the Giants scouts and talent evaluators. They know 1000x more than I do, so anything I say is like an ant suggesting a new fuel for the space program. That said...

With the trend of extreme fire ballers at the MLB level, maybe going counter-strategy with an equally extreme junk-baller like Rogers would be worth a try

:noidea:
I'm actually okay with Rogers not getting promoted this year. His control seems to have taken a bad dip. I'm still just bitter that they didn't at least give him a few games the past two Septembers, just as a reward for the good work he'd down in AAA. Its no small feat for a guy with his pitches to dominant in the PCL, which is exactly what he did. If hitters' numbers in the PCL are discounted because of the hitters' paradise, pitchers' numbers have to be, in my opinion, elevated.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com is reporting that Duggar could start a rehab assignment this Saturday with Sacramento. The Giants can keep him there for another 20 days, but what do you all think the Giants do if Duggar looks good, Dickerson hasn't cooled off and Austin hits decently during the rehab process. Do they still option Duggar? Do they let go Austin? Do they trade Pillar?

Also, Travis Bergen's rehab assignment expires in about 8 days. The Giants will need to decide who they remove from the bullpen soon.