• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was to open up a spot for an acquisition. Gerber will be back.
He is (was) a non-roster invitee, so moving him down doesn't make room for anyone. I just don't get why Maybin gets such a long look when Gerber has looked so much better with the bat.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, indirectly it does open up a spot. If he makes the roster, that's a spot they can't put an acquisition in.
By that logic, the same applies to me...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some roster cleanup. Mainly, I am certain at this point that the Callahan “cut” just wasn’t announced. I removed him.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is a former dodgers guy who Zaidi acquired. Reds selected him in the rule 5 draft from LA.

He underwent a dramatic swing and approach change with LA last year and his power has taken off. He's also a right-handed bat. Still young-ish. Seems like a solid add.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is a former dodgers guy who Zaidi acquired. Reds selected him in the rule 5 draft from LA.

He underwent a dramatic swing and approach change with LA last year and his power has taken off. He's also a right-handed bat. Still young-ish. Seems like a solid add.
Good numbers in the minors last year but doesn't strike me as any better than the guys that Zaidi signed as minor league free agents out of the Dodgers' org. And I'd much prefer keeping Sandoval over Maybin.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, just two picks in front of FZ, who was set to take him but ended up with Bergen instead.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, just two picks in front of FZ, who was set to take him but ended up with Bergen instead.
Giving up Johnson means, I think, that he is serious about keeping Joe around. Not that JJ is a blue-chipper, but he is more than just org filler.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up Johnson means, I think, that he is serious about keeping Joe around. Not that JJ is a blue-chipper, but he is more than just org filler.
I was a bit disappointed to see Jordan Johnson get traded. He looked decent last year and was one of our better upper level pitching prospects. That's a thin area, so maybe the org saw something in him that made them feel he was expendable or they really are that high on Joe.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants traded Herb for Yastrzemski.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Reed is better than Slater, Shaw, Gerber, et al, but, compared to who they've been getting recently, I'll take him.
I know nothing about him, but he has nothing on his resume to get excited about. Only cost us Andreoli, though, so even if he doesn’t make the team, who cares.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about him, but he has nothing on his resume to get excited about. Only cost us Andreoli, though, so even if he doesn’t make the team, who cares.
His numbers seem better than Andreoli so I think the trade is a win already. However, I don't understand the philosophy that says "we've got a bunch of fairly young, inexperienced outfielders who we think are going to be mediocre, so let's go acquire a bunch more young, inexperienced outfielders who will probably be mediocre or older, experienced outfielders who we know are mediocre to play on the big league club"