• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current HOF players

Is Ryan a HOF player

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson will get in but I've always found it interesting that fans and media hold QBs to a different standard now because of era but no one does the same for WR or TE.

You'd think if a QB shouldn't get in because " the league is different now and the rules hugely favor offense especially the pass" that those same ideals would be applied to the people catching the ball as well

QB's have to win, I don't like the HOF standard for QB's. It doesn't make sense. I think Rivers and Ryan are better than Eli but Eli is basically a lock, kinda crazy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL CURRENT PLAYERS

LOCKS OR CLOSE TO IT

Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Adrian Peterson
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Gates
Rob Gronkowski
Jason Peters
Jason Witten
JJ Watt
Julius Peppers
Antonio Brown
Adam Vinatieri
Earl Thomas
Eli Manning (they will put him in even though I don't believe he should)

ON TRACK OR TOO EARLY TO SAY

Eric Berry
A.J. Green
DeAndre Hopkins
Julio Jones
Luke Kuechly
Patrick Peterson
Matt Ryan
Tyron Smith
Ndamukong Suh
Bobby Wagner
Russell Wilson
Aaron Donald
Terrell Suggs - I think he is most likely getting in

ON THE OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW

Frank Gore
Philip Rivers
Marshawn Lynch
Clay Matthews
LeSean McCoy
Haloti Ngata
Greg Olsen

PLAYERS THAT JUST RETIRED IN THE LAST YEAR THAT ARE LOCKS

Richard Sherman
Joe Thomas
Darrelle Revis
Dwight Freeney

**Other great players not listed are either just too young or too early in their career to even list

No AJ Green or Geno Atkins huh? Slight bias?

Possible outside looking in Andrew Whitworth.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No AJ Green or Geno Atkins huh? Slight bias?

Possible outside looking in Andrew Whitworth.

AJ Green is in there.

Atkins would probably be in a category BELOW "on the outside right now"

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much Fletcher Cox and Geno Atkins are hurt playing in Aaron Donald era. Both have had great careers but will be unfairly measured to Aaron Donald.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bengals hve what 3 hall of gamers ever? Kinda sad

Ok I know I am a Browns fan but this is funny:

Anthony Munoz - arguably the best LT of all time.

But then the other two Bengals' inductees are:

Terrell Owens - only started 11 games for the Bengals.
Charlie Joiner - only started 29 games for the Bengals.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know right. Pathetic.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bengals hve what 3 hall of gamers ever? Kinda sad

I will not deny that. I think Dillon could possibly be one some day, maybe Ken Anderson.

Ken Riley should already be a HOF. So should Willie Anderson.

But yes, you are indeed right. Pretty pathetic HOF number for the Bengals.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not consider Owens a Bengals HOF. We were a 1 year pit stop.

Joiner, ehhh..

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson will get in but I've always found it interesting that fans and media hold QBs to a different standard now because of era but no one does the same for WR or TE.

You'd think if a QB shouldn't get in because " the league is different now and the rules hugely favor offense especially the pass" that those same ideals would be applied to the people catching the ball as well
Not really relevant with Johnson. He was among the top 3 WR's a few of the seasons he played.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really relevant with Johnson. He was among the top 3 WR's a few of the seasons he played.
How many seasons iyo does a guy need to be "amongst the top 3-4 at his position " in order to qualify AND hoe do you quantify that ? I'm always interested in these things because it's not an actual criteria but I've heard all kinds of people use it ( only in football though )

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many seasons iyo does a guy need to be "amongst the top 3-4 at his position " in order to qualify AND hoe do you quantify that ? I'm always interested in these things because it's not an actual criteria but I've heard all kinds of people use it ( only in football though )
Not sure how I would quantify it. It would almost be the opinion part of the voters criteria. Since I have no control, I just have my personal opinion. I certainly don't think all that are already in are deserving. For me, if Superbowl wins and appearances are not there, a player at least had to be one of the top 3 at his position during some of the time he played. That is the best way to be fair. Just because their stats are better than QB's of the 1980's should factor in too much. It's a different game with different rules so the comparisons should be against some of the same.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is a HOF just bc he was so dominate and so hard to defend. Really the only season he didn't go over 1000 yards was bc of injuries or late in his career. He was the best WR for two straight years. And he was a top 5 WR at least in the league for basically 8 years. I think he is a HOFr but I think he will be up for it in a time where a lot of greats are competing to get into the HOF, gonna be tough regardless.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I would quantify it. It would almost be the opinion part of the voters criteria. Since I have no control, I just have my personal opinion. I certainly don't think all that are already in are deserving. For me, if Superbowl wins and appearances are not there, a player at least had to be one of the top 3 at his position during some of the time he played. That is the best way to be fair. Just because their stats are better than QB's of the 1980's should factor in too much. It's a different game with different rules so the comparisons should be against some of the same.
So how do you gauge strong eras vs weak ones? Like you could say Big Ben is the 5th best QB of this era if you include Rodgers , Brady, Peyton and Brees ( as many do ) yet i think everyone agrees he's a HoFer.

It's a fun debate but without clearly defined eras or quantification of how you determine Top 3 it's really just opinion which varies from person to person

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you gauge strong eras vs weak ones? Like you could say Big Ben is the 5th best QB of this era if you include Rodgers , Brady, Peyton and Brees ( as many do ) yet i think everyone agrees he's a HoFer.

It's a fun debate but without clearly defined eras or quantification of how you determine Top 3 it's really just opinion which varies from person to person
Not really strong era's. It's more the quality and stats of positions of different era's. It's one of those things were if you were talking with fellow football fans and asked the question - You are the top QB's right now? How would you expect the answers to go. Rivers, Eli and Ryan would not be in many of the answers. Brady, Mahomes, Brees and Rodgers would probably be the most chosen. For Ben, it's his 3 Superbowls and 2 Superbowl wins that push him into the HOF. Without those, he would be on the wrong side of borderline.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not deny that. I think Dillon could possibly be one some day, maybe Ken Anderson.

I disagree on a few , Dillon is not a hof rb

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dillon - No.
Ken Anderson, Willie Anderson and Ken Riley were all underrated but Riley should be the only one that could be HOF imo. But you gotta add Lemar Parrish to that conversation too then.