• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuban not happy about all star voting process

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry received the most votes this season with 1,513,324, a total Cuban said proves that fans aren't excited about All-Star voting.

Interest in All Star events has slipped considerably.... maybe that's the message the fans are sending.

Additionally

All-Star voting in the NBA, unlike in Major League Baseball, is a digital-only program with no paper ballots in arenas.

Why did they do this? It essentially takes votes out of the fans' hands. Seriously, the only way to vote is to go to nba.com (unless I'm mistaken). I never go to nba.com, because I like more than just basketball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interest in All Star events has slipped considerably.... maybe that's the message the fans are sending.

Additionally

Why did they do this? It essentially takes votes out of the fans' hands. Seriously, the only way to vote is to go to nba.com (unless I'm mistaken). I never go to nba.com, because I like more than just basketball.

* acts casual...sliiiiiiiiides p behind*

Hey, Twinsy!

Have I told you how hilarious your signature is?:pound:

I don't have any issue with Allstar voting.

It's a fans game and we live in a digital age:noidea:.

My issue with the whole All Star thing is based on contract bonuses.

I was messing with Russ the other day re: Kyria and it got me thinking.

If Kyrie were to get voted an All Star starter this Season, he would have gotten a 8-10 mill increase in pay.

That is nothing to sneeze at and could lead a guy to forget that there is no " I " in Team and to try to play hero ball simply out of greed.

That's dangerous...imo

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* acts casual...sliiiiiiiiides p behind*

Hey, Twinsy!

Have I told you how hilarious your signature is?:pound:

I don't have any issue with Allstar voting.

It's a fans game and we live in a digital age:noidea:.

My issue with the whole All Star thing is based on contract bonuses.

I was messing with Russ the other day re: Kyria and it got me thinking.

If Kyrie were to get voted an All Star starter this Season, he would have gotten a 8-10 mill increase in pay.

That is nothing to sneeze at and could lead a guy to forget that there is no " I " in Team and to try to play hero ball simply out of greed.

That's dangerous...imo

Hey Mecca!

I kinda like my signature, too! Thanks!

I don't care about contract bonuses/clauses relating to AS appearances... that doesn't bug me.

But taking votes out of fans' hands? Makes no sense. I mean - the idea is to touch fans in as many ways possible, right??? How many people actually visit nba.com? I never do. I get news from other sources that also include NFL, MLB, NHL as well as college sports... i.e. espn, si, cbs... If I truly wanted to vote, it would be a chore.

When I used to be a season ticket holder, I actually enjoyed the time contemplating who to punch before tip-off or during half-time. I'm not gonna be reading some news, and spontaneously think "oooh... I gotta get my vote in."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban is right though - lol. The system is broken and ridiculous. I think the all star should be based on the performance for the current season instead. take the top 12 to 15 players in each conference and eliminate the voting procedure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. Raptors had a last minute campaign to get Lowry in....what a joke

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, have the voting count as 50% of the count combined with performance evaluation and another reliable source. I don't really care about the All Star, but it is a joke. Yao Ming made it all of those years only because all of China voted him in. That system has been broken for a lonng time

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry deserved to start over Wade...imo

Teams/Players have been doing those types of campaigns for years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry deserved to start over Wade...imo

Teams/Players have been doing those types of campaigns for years.

Still lame. All star should be about individual performance...not team success

Wade is the highest scoring guard and most efficient guard in the east

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still lame. All star should be about individual performance...not team success

Wade is the highest scoring guard and most efficient guard in the east

Sure, it's Lame.

But, it's not unfair:noidea:.

Wade has had success on the ultimate level....he doesn't need anyone to cheerlead for him.

Lowry has never come close and needed the added support.

I think it's lame that Yao got all those votes, while injured, just because China has a billion people.

And don't get me started on Jeremy Lin:gaah:.

Plus, for me, it's about more than the individual numbers.

If it were not, Kyrie who's numbers are very similar to Wade's, should make the Team ahead of Teague.

But, we all know that Team success will be taken into consideration, fair or not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. Raptors had a last minute campaign to get Lowry in....what a joke

To be accurate (which I think is hilarious), Wade is not starting because Justin Bieber sent out a tweet for all of his followers to vote for Lowry.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA system is not broken because it is a meaningless exhibition game.
Let whoever takes the time to vote see the players they choose.

The problem is MLB where the fan voting results determines which league has home field advantage.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is for the FANSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if they did it like the MLB, with the game determining who gets home field in the WS which is stupid as hell, then I would understand for the league to have some say so in the starting lineups.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is for the fans, so the vote should stay with the fans. Part of the supposed "low voter turnout" is because not everyone who will watch the game, will vote. I know that I'll be watching, but I didn't vote.

If they could get more of the superstar players to participate in some of the other activities, I think that would go a long way towards increasing fan interest as well.

I can remember when things like the slam dunk contest and 3 point shooting contest were must see television. You had guys like MJ and Dominique in the dunk contest and guys like Larry Bird, Michael Cooper and Dale Ellis competing in the 3 point contest.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is for the fans, so the vote should stay with the fans. Part of the supposed "low voter turnout" is because not everyone who will watch the game, will vote. I know that I'll be watching, but I didn't vote.

If they could get more of the superstar players to participate in some of the other activities, I think that would go a long way towards increasing fan interest as well.

I can remember when things like the slam dunk contest and 3 point shooting contest were must see television. You had guys like MJ and Dominique in the dunk contest and guys like Larry Bird, Michael Cooper and Dale Ellis competing in the 3 point contest.

Yet another reason Lebron is a pussay! :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason Lebron is a pussay! :nod:

Not just Lebron (although I think that if he participated, others would follow along), none of them are participating and haven't been for quite awhile.

We shouldn't be watching guys like Lebron, Dwight and KD or Westbrook sitting on the sidelines laughing and critiquing the dunks of a bunch of end of the bench players. We should be watching them competing against each other.