• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Money League Draft

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this had been a progressive keeper league for YEARS. Then, due to a big fight over a couple ridiculous trades that happened last year and morons threatening to quit (one doing so) I lost years of work and we are resetting entirely. This is also my first year as commish and this whole thing made my last two weeks EXTREMELY stressful. lol

I went from having Tyreek Hill in the 5th, Aaron Jones in the 9th, and Darren Waller in the 16th... to having the 9th overall pick in a total redraft. None too pleased.

Even less pleased with the spots I wound up in during my draft. I hated every spot rounds 1-4.

12 Team 0.5 PPR

QB - Josh Allen

RB - C. Edwards-Helaire, David Johnson, Cam Akers, Darrel Henderson, Chase Edmonds

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Diontae Johnson, Darius Slayton, Michael Pittman Jr.

TE - Jared Cook, Hayden Hurst

D/SPT - Denver

K - Dan Bailey (who cares?)

Like I said, I didn't care for roughly any spot I was in for about the entire first half of the draft. I just sort of shot for upside.

Except for the A-Rob pick... because it was him, Sutton, and DJ Moore. RB's all were reaches at that point. Thielen went off the board one pick before me. I am not quite sold on Denver's passing game and I am not a Bridgewater fan, at all. A-Rob posted 99-1150-7 or something in the worst passing offense in football. If healthy, he gets targeted a ton, and that seems like his floor. If the passing game becomes just serviceable he could have a ceiling to move upward. Look, I'm a Bears fan, but I have no delusions about the QB situation. lol

I actually like David Johnson. Despite his struggles as a runner, he's a really good receiver, O'B gets a lead back his touches when he has one. I think the volume plus the receiving production could lead to a rebound campaign. No, I don't think Duke Johnson suddenly has an expanded role. It would have happened by now.

I like Akers... and then I hedged my bet on the LAR backfield with Henderson. That simple.

I hate WR's on new teams year #1 but I'll make an exception for D. Hopkins in KK's offense. Landry was another "I hate this spot" pick, but I've become convinced he'll sort of always "get his".

I like Diontae Johnson and D. Slayton. Both extremely efficient last year (Johnson with Duck and Rudolph as his QB). Slayton finished strong with Jones. I think, at least one, posts a very solid season line.

I always take TE/QB late. I actually like Hurst as a potential breakout and then also loved being able to grab Cook as steadier insurance to that. I had Lamar and Allen last year. I typically stream but didn't have to with Lamar. Allen mostly sat on my bench while being quite good. His red zone rushing gives him a nice floor most weeks. Maybe I stream a lot, not a big deal.

I don't "like" my team... and I think I didn't research more because I was pissed about the situation with resetting our whole league. But... I also don't "hate it". There's pieces and upside. Plus, I trade so much.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a solid draft.

I’d like it much more if it is a 2 WR minimum league.

But I don’t think you have a deep bench at all.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your team Rich. (except CEH - lol)
Are you rolling with only 1 QB but 2 TE?
I would swap that since an undrafted sleeper TE or two always emerges early in the season.
Obviously you trust Josh Allen, but a backup in a keeper league should be strongly considered.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of your RB's but everything else looks good :thumb:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a solid draft.

I’d like it much more if it is a 2 WR minimum league.

But I don’t think you have a deep bench at all.
This. I think your solid in starters. The bench I have vastly different opinions of those guys and think upgrades can be made.... can you post your waivers?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I think your solid in starters. The bench I have vastly different opinions of those guys and think upgrades can be made.... can you post your waivers?

Top available RB's - Darrell Williams, Burkhead, Jamal Williams, Devine Ozigbo, Malcom Brown

Top available WR's - Steven Sims, Amendola, Beasley, Russell Gage, Dede Westbrook, Kendrick Bourne

I kind of like my WR's, to be honest. I think Johnson and Slayton both have solid upside for being my WR4 and WR5. I agree my RB's have a lot of question marks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top available RB's - Darrell Williams, Burkhead, Jamal Williams, Devine Ozigbo, Malcom Brown

Top available WR's - Steven Sims, Amendola, Beasley, Russell Gage, Dede Westbrook, Kendrick Bourne

I kind of like my WR's, to be honest. I think Johnson and Slayton both have solid upside for being my WR4 and WR5. I agree my RB's have a lot of question marks.
Then stay put.... I’m by no means always right!

williams is a star if CEH gets hurt, what about jags- Anderson that’s a dart throw

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then stay put.... I’m by no means always right!

williams is a star if CEH gets hurt, what about jags- Anderson that’s a dart throw

Yeah, I actually just claimed Williams, and I felt stupid for not already having him as CEH's handcuff.

Who would you drop for Anderson, though? Pittman is probably the last player on my roster. He's kind of a dart throw in his own right, though. Could be Rivers favorite red zone target. Maybe he winds up being what we all hoped Mike Williams would be for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually just claimed Williams, and I felt stupid for not already having him as CEH's handcuff.

Who would you drop for Anderson, though? Pittman is probably the last player on my roster. He's kind of a dart throw in his own right, though. Could be Rivers favorite red zone target. Maybe he winds up being what we all hoped Mike Williams would be for him.
Only reason I say Anderson is he’s supposedly what made Fournette disposable.... and armstead is out week one. Dude was an fcs stud....if he by chance balls out week 1 he may never look back... complete dart throw though.... he may get 4 touches week 1..... tough call

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I say Anderson is he’s supposedly what made Fournette disposable.... and armstead is out week one. Dude was an fcs stud....if he by chance balls out week 1 he may never look back... complete dart throw though.... he may get 4 touches week 1..... tough call

just to layer on this thought, early downs will be a hot hand between anderson and ozigbo, we all know Thompson is going to dominate the passing down work.

Armstead will return in the next couple weeks, further muddying the waters around those early downs, and how often does anyone project Jags to be playing with a lead?

No clue who gets the passing downs if Thompson gets injured....

all that being said, I'd leave the jags RBs for someone else to gamble with this year, and be content with what's already on the roster vs making any more moves before week 1

sure is hard not to tinker though!