• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cruz NOT a TD

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Mike Pererai says the amazing and infallible refs fucked up and gave that dancing fairy a TD when it should have been an incomplete pass.

Seriously, a huge fuck you to every fan and every poster who tried to act like that was a TD and Calvin's wasn't. You're all sheep who believe everything you are told.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it. Pereira tweeted his reflexive "The refs got it right. Cruz was a runner. Simple!" comment without even seeing the Cruz play I'll bet. I give the guy a tiny amount of credit for backing off that tweet and correcting his position on the matter.

I honestly don't think either play on Sunday was a catch according to the rules, but Cruz's was a flat out drop.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, a huge fuck you to every fan and every poster who tried to act like that was a TD and Calvin's wasn't. You're all sheep who believe everything you are told.

Amen, brotha Base. And I, too, commend Pereira for correcting himself after seeing the play.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole completing the process bullshit is one of the biggest fuckups in the nfl, a catch is a catch is a catch, unless you are CJ in the end zone then its an incompletion.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole completing the process bullshit is one of the biggest fuckups in the nfl, a catch is a catch is a catch, unless you are CJ in the end zone then its an incompletion.

Agree... sort of. Either they're all a catch if they catch the ball when falling and it comes loose when they hit the ground or none of them are. Get rid of the "he made or didn't make a football move" BS.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree... sort of. Either they're all a catch if they catch the ball when falling and it comes loose when they hit the ground or none of them are. Get rid of the "he made or didn't make a football move" BS.

It really is amazing the pile of horse shit they try to feed us isn't? It's a football game. What other kind of move are the players going to make other than a "football move"? A baseball move? A chess move? Did they think he was reaching for his wallet? I don't fucking get it.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making a football move demonstrates possession without being tackled. Not loosing control while falling to the ground is another way of demonstrating possession.

Calvin's slight hop and reach toward the goalline didn't constitute a secondary act because he was falling to theground at the time. The fall necessetated he control the ball al the way through "the process". In the eyes of this official he fell across the goalline. The fall took precedent. I agree with this. Same way that if drag your toes falling out of bounds you have to maintain control all the way through the fall.

Cruz should have been held to the same standard. His is more apparently not a catch because he never did anything with the ball. He reached across the goalline while tangled in mid air with the defender. None of that matters because he didn't have feet down to make a football move. By the time he got two feet down (at which point he could then demonstrate possession by taking another step) he was already losing control of the ball as it hit the ground.

The rules are fairly clear, but the NFL is fucking up in their enforcement.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL officials are intructed in this way:

(1) Look to see if team in question has a blue lion on the side of their helmets:
(A) Yes. Call goes against that team.
(B) No. Make up any shit you want. We'll back it up, even if it contradicts a call you made in (A).

Last edited by a moderator: