• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cris Carter Admits Cheating

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jEn4q0l.jpg

Carter will never be mistaken for a matinee idol.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sure semantics , Pats violated the 2007 memo about filming from sidelines. They broke the rules but didnt cheat, right?

Wrong. Videotaping a defense is like stealing playbook. And they didn't just violate a 2007 memo; that rule was around during all of the Pats' SB wins.

Some will say that any unfair advantage is cheating. PED's , salary cap violatins, filming, bounty, stickem, under and over inflated balls, piped in noise etc etc.

All of those except the bounty is cheating. If a coach bets an opposing coach $1000 on a game that isn't cheating; it's a serious violation, but it doesn't give any one team an unfair advantage. Neither does paying a guy for a brutal hit.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that him in that movie? I always wondered but wasn't really sure.

I wish I could remember who it was that I heard brought up that he looked like Godzuki but I literally spit my drink out when I heard it. I don't know if it was him or not but I have it in my head that Adam Corolla was the one who said it but I wouldn't put money on it.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CC is a douchehammer.
EOT

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sin isn't cheating, the sin is getting caught cheating.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are many other teams that break the rules just like the Patriots do. Cheating has been a part of sports forever and will always be if someone sees a competitive advantage.

I saw it first hand when my son was playing Pop warner. another coach gave my son's coach film on a team they were playing for the title. Then in HS they pay for HUDL. Every game is filmed and also has film on the upcoming team, to watch and break down patterns

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it first hand when my son was playing Pop warner. another coach gave my son's coach film on a team they were playing for the title. Then in HS they pay for HUDL. Every game is filmed and also has film on the upcoming team, to watch and break down patterns

It is amazing just how ingrained this is in our culture.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bounty programs are no "cheating." That's like saying AJ Green "cheated" by selling one of his jerseys in college. That was against the rules, but it wasn't "cheating."

If he did something like bring a hammer onto the field and hit someone with it, that'd be cheating. Bounties don't injure people; you still have to hit the guy. It's still wrong, but it's completely different from cheating.

If the bounty is carried out, it IS cheating. I don't see why that is so difficult to comprehend for some of you.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Videotaping a defense is like stealing playbook. And they didn't just violate a 2007 memo; that rule was around during all of the Pats' SB wins.

All of those except the bounty is cheating. If a coach bets an opposing coach $1000 on a game that isn't cheating; it's a serious violation, but it doesn't give any one team an unfair advantage. Neither does paying a guy for a brutal hit.

Why do you think that coaches, cover their mouths when calling plays, from cameras and lip readers. Why do most colleges have 2 signal caller, a real one and a fugazee. Why do coaches call plays into headseats. If Teams dont change up signals from a team they played prior or not, shame on them. If you think you can film better from sidelines then you can from a pressbox, with todays technology, what can I say. Pats 4 SB's are tainted and only a few of your 5 are, so your in good shape

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the bounty is carried out, it IS cheating. I don't see why that is so difficult to comprehend for some of you.

Paying a teammate $500 for a brutal hit doesn't give the team an unfair advantage. That's what people mean by "cheating" when they're talking about the Patriots.

Josh Gordon didn't "cheat" when he violated the terms of his probation with the NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Davis was a master at getting a competitive advantage for the Raiders back in the day. His shenanigans were too numerous to mention here.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying a teammate $500 for a brutal hit doesn't give the team an unfair advantage. That's what people mean by "cheating" when they're talking about the Patriots.

Josh Gordon didn't "cheat" when he violated the terms of his probation with the NFL.

Guess we can agree to disagree , because imo breaking the rules is cheating. Why were rules put into play in the first place?. If Pats are found guilty and broke the rules ( cheating) by deflating the balls even though it showed to be counter-productive, they should pay the price and you can label it anyway you want, semantics or not. I could care less what another team or player does, that what they have a commission for. They set rules and levy out fines. I never jumped on bountygate, but when you think about it, its the worst thing you can do in sports, trying to hurt a fellow competitor, possible ruin their chance for livelihood and provide for families. A avg NFL players career, I believe is only 4 years, but to do that, scum? Tatum must be one of your heroes then?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Guess we can agree to disagree , because imo breaking the rules is cheating. Why were rules put into play in the first place?. If Pats are found guilty and broke the rules ( cheating) by deflating the balls even though it showed to be counter-productive, they should pay the price and you can label it anyway you want, semantics or not

The definition of semantics is what something means.

Why were rules made in the first place? Depends on the rule. There's a rule saying what colour socks they can wear. That doesn't have anything to do with maintaining level competition.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The definition of semantics is what something means.

Why were rules made in the first place? Depends on the rule. There's a rule saying what colour socks they can wear. That doesn't have anything to do with maintaining level competition.

To try and hurt somebody for $$$ on purpose is the worst thing you can do in sports. And using help to catch a ball is cool, no biggie, so spray or stickem away.

I know what semantics is and your good at it. Twist or word it to your liking. If your not copastethic with it , its cheating, if your cool with it or against your guy ot team, its breaking the rules. Glad RD, a SF fan knows the difference and doesnt put homer glasses on

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To try and hurt somebody for $$$ on purpose is the worst thing you can do in sports.

I don't necessarily disagree with that.

And using help to catch a ball is cool, no biggie, so spray or stickem away.

It is "cool" as long as it doesn't stick to the ball: "Adhesive, Slippery Substances -- (i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players."

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Carter's moral foundation appears somewhat cracked!

He had to go to the supplemental draft because he signed..illegally..with an agent and screwed OSU.

He admit to being involved in bounties so what else did he do. It's not as if he was opposed to breaking the rules or using questionable judgement.

All these guys making accusations are hypocrites. They forget about their actions and make comments with selective memory. To them they played the game with virtue and love of competition. Revisionist history at it's best.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have to be a little more articulate than this.

If a position coach pays one of his players to hurt the other teams best WR or RB, there is a purpose. That purpose is to try and hurt the player or at the very least slow him down. They don't pay you extra to do the job you are already paid millions to do. That's madness. If the player they are going out to harm or hinder is actually harmed or hindered, that is a competitive advantage gained and therefore cheating. If you have another theory why they would put out a bounty on a player other than that I'd love to hear it.