• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Creamer nails a 75 foot putt to win the HSBC

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 4 long years. Funny that she'd win this way. Putting has been her problem. That tour needs gals like Creamer to be good if you get my drift.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just fantastic and just what she needed to start the season.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an amazing putt

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the privilege of seeing her win the US Women's open at Oakmont.

Way to go, Paula ! ! !

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 HSBC Women's Champions Paula Creamer eagle putt | Golf Channel

When it comes to the LPGA usually there isn't much to get excited about but this is one heck of a clutch putt and deserves a tip of the cap from any golfer.

Yeah, excitement I would agree, not so much, but I guess I've become a complete golf head...not must see TV, but I actually like watching the women pros play. Especially after I played in a LPGA proam...the courses are set up for them to score well (fast FWs, not a ton of rough and roughly 6300 yds...they hit it so straight.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, excitement I would agree, not so much, but I guess I've become a complete golf head...not must see TV, but I actually like watching the women pros play. Especially after I played in a LPGA proam...the courses are set up for them to score well (fast FWs, not a ton of rough and roughly 6300 yds...they hit it so straight.

To me they are unwatchable. I'd rather watch a top flight men's amateur tournament.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me they are unwatchable. I'd rather watch a top flight men's amateur tournament.

I was the same way until I played in the proam...It was a course I'd played before, but it played nothing like it did for that LPGA event. We typically would play it from about 6500 yds...the tees were mixed for them playing around 6300 or so in the proam and tourney.

Most of these ladies hit the ball in the 230 range and on those FWs you got 30 - 40 yds of roll vs about 10 when we would play it. I've never hit so many 300+ yd drives. The courses are really set up for them to score, rough wasn't that bad, greens were quick, but I've played faster.

Annika was still the top player and I remember watching her hit like 16 or 17 greens. You're a good player, I can understand, but for the average bogey golfer, watching the women might help.

Kind of the same for Sr Guys...I didn't play in a proam, but my brother-n-law was a volunteer for the Liberty Mutal tourney they played @ the World Golf Village Slammer & Squire track, and we got to play the course on the monday after and it was still in tourney condition.

Now...I have full respect for the big boys...we played the old BellSouth venue @ Sugarloaf also the monday after and the FW was really fast, but the rough was brutal, and the greens were like a garage floor...from the members tee 6200 or so...we (80s players) all struggled to break a 100. For fun we played the 18th from the PGAT tees...if we played the whole round from back there the way it was setup, I would guess about 130!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the same way until I played in the proam...It was a course I'd played before, but it played nothing like it did for that LPGA event. We typically would play it from about 6500 yds...the tees were mixed for them playing around 6300 or so in the proam and tourney.

Most of these ladies hit the ball in the 230 range and on those FWs you got 30 - 40 yds of roll vs about 10 when we would play it. I've never hit so many 300+ yd drives. The courses are really set up for them to score, rough wasn't that bad, greens were quick, but I've played faster.

Annika was still the top player and I remember watching her hit like 16 or 17 greens. You're a good player, I can understand, but for the average bogey golfer, watching the women might help.

Kind of the same for Sr Guys...I didn't play in a proam, but my brother-n-law was a volunteer for the Liberty Mutal tourney they played @ the World Golf Village Slammer & Squire track, and we got to play the course on the monday after and it was still in tourney condition.

Now...I have full respect for the big boys...we played the old BellSouth venue @ Sugarloaf also the monday after and the FW was really fast, but the rough was brutal, and the greens were like a garage floor...from the members tee 6200 or so...we (80s players) all struggled to break a 100. For fun we played the 18th from the PGAT tees...if we played the whole round from back there the way it was setup, I would guess about 130!

I went to an LPGA event at Turtle Bay when I was living in Hawaii and I was stunned, totally shocked, at how poorly the average LPGA player played in that event. Frankly, some seemed like absolute hackers; skulling chips over the green, having chip shots up a rise coming all the way back to their feet. Hitting shots fat. I was appalled. Some of the best ones are good but when I watch golf, I want to watch the best in that category, be it professional or amateur and frankly the women are not close to that category. Its like watching two 6th graders discuss physics.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to an LPGA event at Turtle Bay when I was living in Hawaii and I was stunned, totally shocked, at how poorly the average LPGA player played in that event. Frankly, some seemed like absolute hackers; skulling chips over the green, having chip shots up a rise coming all the way back to their feet. Hitting shots fat. I was appalled. Some of the best ones are good but when I watch golf, I want to watch the best in that category, be it professional or amateur and frankly the women are not close to that category. Its like watching two 6th graders discuss physics.

No, they're not. In fact the young lady in our proam (rank-n-file) was not that good...decent driver, and irons, but her short game was sooo far below a PGAT player that it wasn't funny. I do think the rank-n-file players are better now, but when you have kids, (literally teens like Lydia Ko) being viewed as top players on the tour already...you know they are not that deep.

The top 20 or so are pretty good but the drop off after them is steep. One player out there that imo was totally ruined by trying to play the PGAT was Michelle Wie...it totally shook her confidence and imo she'll never be the same player, and now that her bank account has swelled...I guess it doesn't matter now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're not. In fact the young lady in our proam (rank-n-file) was not that good...decent driver, and irons, but her short game was sooo far below a PGAT player that it wasn't funny. I do think the rank-n-file players are better now, but when you have kids, (literally teens like Lydia Ko) being viewed as top players on the tour already...you know they are not that deep.

The top 20 or so are pretty good but the drop off after them is steep. One player out there that imo was totally ruined by trying to play the PGAT was Michelle Wie...it totally shook her confidence and imo she'll never be the same player, and now that her bank account has swelled...I guess it doesn't matter now.

It was the short game that stood out for me as well. It was my first LPGA event and, as I said, I was stunned. Having said that I enjoy playing with a good female player, because you so rarely see them at the courses where I play.

Speaking of Michelle Wie, she was at the tournament I mentioned and this was in 2005 so I believe she was still an amateur because her dad was caddying for her. She hit the ball a mile but acted like such a child with the giggling and incessant chatter on the tee box. Julie Inkster was playing with her and you could tell she was irritated at Wie's behavior.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the short game that stood out for me as well. It was my first LPGA event and, as I said, I was stunned. Having said that I enjoy playing with a good female player, because you so rarely see them at the courses where I play.

Speaking of Michelle Wie, she was at the tournament I mentioned and this was in 2005 so I believe she was still an amateur because her dad was caddying for her. She hit the ball a mile but acted like such a child with the giggling and incessant chatter on the tee box. Julie Inkster was playing with her and you could tell she was irritated at Wie's behavior.

Wie, and the kid Ty something (forgot his last name already) were both pushed out there far, far too early...although Ty did earn his card via Q-school he would have been sooooo much better off playing the Web.com or Nike tour and learning how to be a touring pro.

The best thing Wie did was go to college and get away from her parents...she may never be an accomplished pro, but she at least got the money...Ty got neither.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wie, and the kid Ty something (forgot his last name already) were both pushed out there far, far too early...although Ty did earn his card via Q-school he would have been sooooo much better off playing the Web.com or Nike tour and learning how to be a touring pro.

The best thing Wie did was go to college and get away from her parents...she may never be an accomplished pro, but she at least got the money...Ty got neither.

Ty Tryon was his name. I have to say, I enjoy talking golf with you. You seem to have a knowledge and respect for the game that I like. I would probably enjoy playing with you as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Tryon was his name. I have to say, I enjoy talking golf with you. You seem to have a knowledge and respect for the game that I like. I would probably enjoy playing with you as well.

That's it Tryon..likewise TT.

I do travel and play, and I plan on getting out to AZ to play some desert golf...played in the high desert of ABQ, but not in AZ yet...I only wish I had picked up the game much earlier.

When we moved to ATL from NJ, it was really the 1st time I had discretionary income for sports...I made okay money up there but everything was so expensive. I worked in the corp office worked for a large sports retailer and we got tickets all the time for Knicks, Rangers, Mets, Yankees, Eagles, 76ers, etc. so that kind of scratched my itch for sports.

Here, we were ticket holders for the Braves, Falcons and had a small pkg of Hawks games...as the kids got older they wanted to do more with their friends, etc. It was then when I made the switch from spending money watching people play, to spending it on me...playing golf...and I've never looked back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it Tryon..likewise TT.

I do travel and play, and I plan on getting out to AZ to play some desert golf...played in the high desert of ABQ, but not in AZ yet...I only wish I had picked up the game much earlier.

When we moved to ATL from NJ, it was really the 1st time I had discretionary income for sports...I made okay money up there but everything was so expensive. I worked in the corp office worked for a large sports retailer and we got tickets all the time for Knicks, Rangers, Mets, Yankees, Eagles, 76ers, etc. so that kind of scratched my itch for sports.

Here, we were ticket holders for the Braves, Falcons and had a small pkg of Hawks games...as the kids got older they wanted to do more with their friends, etc. It was then when I made the switch from spending money watching people play, to spending it on me...playing golf...and I've never looked back.

My sports watching is severely curtailed living here in Arizona because all the teams here in the major sports are in the same divisions as the ones I root for (49ers, Giants and Warriors) I only go to local games when those teams are in town to play the D'Backs, Cardinals or Suns.

I used to play all sports but now I'm pretty much restricted to golf and bowling, which my wife loves, but I am a terrible bowler.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to be fair she was 14 at the time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair she was 14 at the time.

I believe she was and the other girl she was constantly giggling with was 16, I can't recall her name though. Inkster was not happy though.