• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy to bench Martin?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning hard toward benching him today in favor of Benjamin. The team is loaded and I just want a solid performance. Think I will have a better chance of getting it from Benjamin than a banged up Martin against the Rams defensive line. 16 team PPR league.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's crazy at all. You have to go with the sure thing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A d line minus Chris Long? Detroit's secondary is pretty awful though. Wouldn't be the worst choice in the world.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A d line minus Chris Long? Detroit's secondary is pretty awful though. Wouldn't be the worst choice in the world.

Rams D actually held Peterson in check for most of the day against MIN last week.
Patterson on the other hand......

PPR, I'd rather go Benjamin in a heart beat.
Really need to see Martin fend off Bobby Rainey (and stay healthy!) before I'd trust him again.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams D actually held Peterson in check for most of the day against MIN last week.
Patterson on the other hand......

PPR, I'd rather go Benjamin in a heart beat.
Really need to see Martin fend off Bobby Rainey (and stay healthy!) before I'd trust him again.

Yeah not really happy with that week 1 performance. Glad I have Gio and L Bell so I don't have to worry about using him in the RB slot. Flex makes it a lot easier to wait him out.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to do this on a "feeling" but I guess I'll sit him for FJax...............I'm going safe here

(Rotoworld)Tom Krasniqi of 620 WDAE in Tampa Bay passes along a "feeling" that
Doug Martin (questionable, knee is "unlikely" to play Sunday at St. Louis.
Analysis: It should be noted that this doesn't appear to be a firm report, and more along the lines of speculation. Krasniqi "expect(s) to see a lot of Bobby Rainey" ... "regardless" of Martin's availability versus St. Louis.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to do this on a "feeling" but I guess I'll sit him for FJax...............I'm going safe here

(Rotoworld)Tom Krasniqi of 620 WDAE in Tampa Bay passes along a "feeling" that
Doug Martin (questionable, knee is "unlikely" to play Sunday at St. Louis.
Analysis: It should be noted that this doesn't appear to be a firm report, and more along the lines of speculation. Krasniqi "expect(s) to see a lot of Bobby Rainey" ... "regardless" of Martin's availability versus St. Louis.

Saw this too.

Given the latest info, I don't think you can start Martin if you have a strong option like Benjamin who plays at 1.

Take the sure thing.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this was posted late last night................I see where Joe was going with the Lovie Smith coachtalk comments......................Martin is out today.

(KFFL)Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin (knee) is still the team's lead back, head coach Lovie Smith said Friday, Sept. 12. Smith also refuted reports that Martin was benched in Week 1 because he missed an assignment in pass protection.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin in and ready to roll :).