• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy or not so crazy strategy?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is grounds for a redraft. You can't spring that on people, especially paying money, after the draft. Changes your strategy completely.
I'm going to push for 2024 being year one of the keepers So we can draft the 1st keepers next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocker, suddenly Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrows, Deebo, Dionte, Mac Jones, Olave, Pierce, and Sky Moore potentially hold much more value.
I wouldn't be surprised if he said 3-5 keepers and then expanded roster next season. He drafted an extremely young team, that is fishy

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad either way, but hope this isnt a $$$ league.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention that our commish told us after the draft that hes changing this league into a keeper league.
I would probably leave after this year. You can't change something like that after the draft. As it has been mentioned, your strategy changes in a redraft vs a keeper league. And you have to have all the parameters set... how many keepers, do you lose the corresponding draft pick to keep that player, etc. You can't just decide it is a keeper league after you look at your team and see a bunch of young players who would have been drafted had people known they could be kept.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably leave after this year. You can't change something like that after the draft. As it has been mentioned, your strategy changes in a redraft vs a keeper league. And you have to have all the parameters set... how many keepers, do you lose the corresponding draft pick to keep that player, etc. You can't just decide it is a keeper league after you look at your team and see a bunch of young players who would have been drafted had people known they could be kept.
Agree 100% which is why I'm going to push to have next season when we draft the first round of keepers. I'm pretty sure he'll agree.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the commish is way out of line creating a keeper league after the fact.

That said, Zepi’s team is full of young studs. Not something he needs to personally worry about…but as I’ve said, on principle, it’s bush league by the commish.

Allen, Murray, Swift, Pittman, Pitts etc