• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy or not so crazy strategy?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a little F'd up but good experience.

Fields QB2
Tua QB8
Conner RB1
Rodgers picked too low.

Either way it is good to do mocks whether guys goof around or not you get a feel. I'm not so sure 20 straight QB's get picked but I guess anything is possible.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in it's simplest form, fantasy is strictly most pts wins. With that scoring, QB is easily the most valuable piece. The 2-QB within the first 3 RDs sounds like a must. ....

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did that mock from the 4th position and went QB-->RB-->RB-->QB. The way this went, had I gone QB with my first 2 picks I'd have ended up with Carr or Cousins as my 2 QBs. I considered not picking a K and instead opting for more depth but didn't pull the trigger on that. I also didn't draft a 3rd QB because our lack of a deep bench made me feel like more depth at flex was more important. I'll certainly go with 3QBs in other mocks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's the rosters, how about the draft results??

As for the roster themselves, I'd pick the 4 of last 5 teams from left to right (the omition being Omar) to be the playoff teams. Only ones with 2 strong QB's, and strong WR's, and not too shabby at RB either.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's the rosters, how about the draft results??

As for the roster themselves, I'd pick the 4 of last 5 teams from left to right (the omition being Omar) to be the playoff teams. Only ones with 2 strong QB's, and strong WR's, and not too shabby at RB either.
1660759742036.png

1660759805833.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So picks 5-8, here's where that 1 pt per completion makes a HUGE difference in which QB to take. Yeah, those dual threat QB's are great fantasy options, BUT, guys taken after them, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Brady, ...those guys are gonna have a bare minimum of 100-150 more completions, and at 1 point per 10 rushing, that's 1000 yards, minimum they'd have to rush for to be on equal footing.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those dual threat QB's are great fantasy options, BUT, guys taken after them, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Brady, ...those guys are gonna have a bare minimum of 100-150 more completions, and at 1 point per 10 rushing, that's 1000 yards, minimum they'd have to rush for to be on equal footing.
Exactly.
Or put another way, 10 completions is equal to 100 yards rushing in this format.
Even the the dual-threat QB would have trouble keeping up that pace by rushing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So picks 5-8, here's where that 1 pt per completion makes a HUGE difference in which QB to take. Yeah, those dual threat QB's are great fantasy options, BUT, guys taken after them, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott, Stafford, Brady, ...those guys are gonna have a bare minimum of 100-150 more completions, and at 1 point per 10 rushing, that's 1000 yards, minimum they'd have to rush for to be on equal footing.
Yep pretty outrageous rule that can make games ridiculously high-scoring. For example, Derek Carr was the last QB picked (in that first mock by the OP) but he had 626 attempts last season at 68% clip. Brady and Rodgers should be top 5 picks

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep pretty outrageous rule that can make games ridiculously high-scoring. For example, Derek Carr was the last QB picked (in that first mock by the OP) but he had 626 attempts last season at 68% clip. Brady and Rodgers should be top 5 picks
was thinking the same thing, Brady 485 completions last year..some dudes in front of him in that mock didn't even get to 300. He should be at worst the 3rd QB taken based on likely quantity of completions alone.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all my mocking lead up to my $ league live draft yesterday. I did go QB, QB with my 1st 2 picks so I'm strong there. Overall I will be competitive and I believe I'm a top 3 team post-draft. I'm sure most of you will question my pick of Pickett as my QB3 but I strongly believe Trubisky will not hold him off. Even If he doesn't start the season I believe he will be the starter sooner rather than later.

How do you all think I did?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your team a lot.
But i disagree with you about Trubs/Pickett.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad team and think your right about Trubs/Pickett and since you won't need him to start immediately was a nice pick where you drafted him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all my mocking lead up to my $ league live draft yesterday. I did go QB, QB with my 1st 2 picks so I'm strong there. Overall I will be competitive and I believe I'm a top 3 team post-draft. I'm sure most of you will question my pick of Pickett as my QB3 but I strongly believe Trubisky will not hold him off. Even If he doesn't start the season I believe he will be the starter sooner rather than later.

How do you all think I did?
Wow...I think there's a bunch of teams who didn't read the fine print on the scoring system.

Murray certainly wouldn't have been my choice with Brady, Prescott Stafford still on the board. All three average roughly 5 or more completions a game than Murray usually does, and all three are at least somewhat less less likely to get squashed on designed QB runs, but not bad, and certainly better than Hurts/Jackson, at least in this scoring system

The Trubs/Pickett question? I cannot imagine the Steelers sticking with Trubs past their bye week (9), and honestly, I'd be somewhat surprised if they don't pull that trigger sooner. the only way I see them sticking with Trubs past the bye at all is if they are just simply out of it, aren't playing well, and they choose not to expose him to teams liek the Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Buc's, and wiat to play him until the final 2 games with the defensively challenged Raiders and the Brownies (Garret likely gets suspended for something stupid by that point and they won't be so strong defensively either)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your team a lot.
But i disagree with you about Trubs/Pickett.
Same. Solid team on paper and top 3.

I am on the fence about Trubs/Pickett. I think Pickett will be a bust honestly but that doesn't mean he won't get his chance if Trubs is not solid but I think Trubs is solid, he's better than Pickett. I just think it's not the QB situation you want to be debating over in fantasy but I do realize this is a 2 QB league.

I probably go another QB over Pickett for QB3 and same for Murray at QB2. I take Herbert, Dak, Stafford and even Rodgers over Murray

Either way he has a top 2 starting QB situation regardless imo.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trubs/Pickett question?
Personal feelings aside, i think Pickett is a risky pick. Youre assuming he eventually takes over. Youre assuming he performs better than most rookies would. The better choice woukd have been to go after another starter. Especially in this type of league.