• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't imply it. He stated it expressly.

Still lying!!! LMFAO!!!

C'mon Crimson, try to be honest just once in your life - You know damn well my comment had nothing to do with "better" don't you - don't you

...Ha ha ha You're just are a Liar Crimson..

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So MW has decreed it, so it shall be! After all, he is the smartest poster on this board. In his own mind, at least.

Remind me again why you think Ginn is practically a number one receiver? The great hands? Good routes? Toughness? Leaping ability? Ability to take over a game and dominate? He's got so many tools it's hard for me to pick just one.

Oh, wait. That's right. You can't remind me because you haven't actually said anything about that yet. Like every other argument you make, you've fallen back on the old "because I said so" staple. Compelling.

Hey Liar - How the hell are you?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're both wrong.

And Ginn is not a good #3 or #4 WR. He's a bad WR. He's maybe a #6 WR.

I'm sorry guys that I'm a bit late to this conversation. IMO Mac is right in the respect that Ginn can be replaced EASILY and cheaper. Here is a couple of solutions, how in turn will also be better 4th wr deep threats.
Arkansas' Joe Adams Has Greatest Punt Return Ever (Video) | AthlonSports.com
He's my first choice, probably a 4th round pick.
T.Y. Hilton Highlights - YouTube
My second choice, same, probably 4th round.
Let me edit and add one more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtpSjDQLPk

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still lying!!! LMFAO!!!

C'mon Crimson, try to be honest just once in your life - You know damn well my comment had nothing to do with "better" don't you - don't you

...Ha ha ha You're just are a Liar Crimson..

I promised Imac I wouldn't get bogged down in this, so I'll let it slide. You know what you said, and anyone who followed that conversation knows who the liar is.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I promised Imac I wouldn't get bogged down in this, so I'll let it slide. You know what you said, and anyone who followed that conversation knows who the liar is.

You promised Imac LMMFAO!!!...Ohhh, but I promised Imac...Awww, that is soo cute!!!

Listen liar, it is real simple, that last time we spoke of this you tried to hide behind saying it was a misinterpretation - nice try liar

Yes, I do know what I said and I know why I said it - and so do you. And you know that my comment had NOTHING to do with who was better, but instead of just admitting this you would rather lie and now you are making Imac a liar too - Hmmm, makes me wonder...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That didn't seem to address why you think Ginn is practically a #1 receiver. Try again.

Or is Imac right about the senility?

Practically?...Close?....LOLOLOL!!!!

I believe these are words you have used to describe my position - So AGAIN, I ask - Are you just incompetent and incapable of understanding the English language as well as common football technique, or are you just a common thoughtless liar? I happen to know you are just a liar - let me know if you want me to prove that

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe these are words you have used to describe my position - So AGAIN, I ask - Are you just incompetent and incapable of understanding the English language as well as common football technique, or are you just a common thoughtless liar? I happen to know you are just a liar - let me know if you want me to prove that

Not to pick sides but MW, you don't really think Ginn is close to a #1 or 2 wr, right? I've missed most of the conversation and am just curious?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You promised Imac LMMFAO!!!...Ohhh, but I promised Imac...Awww, that is soo cute!!!

Listen liar, it is real simple, that last time we spoke of this you tried to hide behind saying it was a misinterpretation - nice try liar

Yes, I do know what I said and I know why I said it - and so do you. And you know that my comment had NOTHING to do with who was better, but instead of just admitting this you would rather lie and now you are making Imac a liar too - Hmmm, makes me wonder...

See, that's the memory slipping. You hid behind a claim that I took your statement out of context, but you didn't bother to explain how. I said I paraphrased you rather than quoting you, though I came pretty darn close to getting it spot on.

Look, it's pretty simple. I said we were missing our top two WRs. You responded that we were only missing Crabtree so we weren't missing our top two receivers because Walker, Davis, Ginn, and Williams were "on a level equal to or above that of Crabtree." Those are your exact words. If you didn't mean that those guys were as good or better than Crabtree, I have no idea what you meant. So explain it. Or just worm your way out of supporting your argument once again.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If you can prove me a liar, feel free to do so. It would be the first time you've backed up a claim on this board.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And here is what you said, for the record:

As for Ginn, I have zero worries about Ginn in all phases of his game; with, perhaps the exception of making the occasional critical catch. If Ginn could improve his concentration - he could be our #1 WR hands down.

This statement indicates that Ginn only needs to work on his concentration. I think his list of shortcomings as a receiver is far longer. But again, feel free to let us know what you think he does well.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've read through this thread and it is clear that Imac & Crimsoncrew have no clue what they are talking about - anyone defending Ginn is on the right track!

You said he could be a #1 if he learned to concentrate.

Please expand on that.

Wait, nevermind. You won't anyway. It's Cazic-esque the way you make statements and refuse to actually expand on them.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said he could be a #1 if he learned to concentrate.

Please expand on that.

Wait, nevermind. You won't anyway. It's Cazic-esque the way you make statements and refuse to actually expand on them.

LOL - It must be frustrating to have to deal with someone exactly like yourself, huh Imac...

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Walked into a big bangarang here. Oh well, here goes:
The advantage of having a regular returner like Ginn, with speed and quickness to a hole that the opponent has to respect, cannot be understated. His surehandedness (on kicks if not passes) and consistent returns have helped give us the great field position vs. our opponents that the 9ers have thrived on this season. I've also seen him make very good offensive plays on those quick pitches lately, and he would've had six on that long pass in Baltimore if not for a very questionable chop-block call that Ginn had nothing to do with. imho despite a couple of boneheaded plays (e.g. the bounce off him for an INT), his overall play has aided the team. 13-3 doesn't come out of nowhere.
Flame away, call me a Ginnsexual or whatever madness you want, he belongs in this team.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
See, that's the memory slipping. You hid behind a claim that I took your statement out of context, but you didn't bother to explain how. I said I paraphrased you rather than quoting you, though I came pretty darn close to getting it spot on.

Look, it's pretty simple. I said we were missing our top two WRs. You responded that we were only missing Crabtree so we weren't missing our top two receivers because Walker, Davis, Ginn, and Williams were "on a level equal to or above that of Crabtree." Those are your exact words. If you didn't mean that those guys were as good or better than Crabtree, I have no idea what you meant. So explain it. Or just worm your way out of supporting your argument once again.

Worm my way out - WTF are you talking about? When I have EVER wormed my way out of this conversation? When you and Imac were sharing dick stories about it, did I avoid it or sneak around it? Nope, I got in your face and called you the liar that you are. That doesn't sound like someone trying to avoid anything to me.

Should I infer from this latest attempt to get ME to explain what you already know but simply don't have the integrity to admit that you are content just lying about it?

Like you said, liar, it is real simple, what was the context of the/our conversation before, during and after I made that comment? Did it have ANYTHING to do with who were the BETTER wr's? I think not.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The advantage of having a regular returner like Ginn, with speed and quickness to a hole that the opponent has to respect, cannot be understated. His surehandedness (on kicks if not passes) and consistent returns have helped give us the great field position vs. our opponents that the 9ers have thrived on this season.

I've also seen him make very good offensive plays on those quick pitches lately, and he would've had six on that long pass in Baltimore if not for a very questionable chop-block call that Ginn had nothing to do with. imho despite a couple of boneheaded plays (e.g. the bounce off him for an INT), his overall play has aided the team. 13-3 doesn't come out of nowhere.
Flame away, call me a Ginnsexual or whatever madness you want, he belongs on this team.

From one Ginnsexual to another - I wholeheartedly agree!!!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want what you're smoking, MW, cause it obviously blows my Humboldt greenery out of the water.

Ginn is no way in hell even close to a #1 receiver. He has trouble getting off the LOS when DBs jam him, he runs piss poor routes, he is not a reliable blocker in the run game, he is scared of any and all contact (basically meaning he is useless over the middle), and he practically refuses to catch the ball when he gets open.

I admit Ginn has had a positive effect on the Niners running game with his ability to out-run defenders on end-arounds, but Williams has shown that as well. Ginn is arguably the worst WR/catch-eligible players on the Niners. Ginn is playing worse than Crabtree, Williams, Morgan, Swain, VD, and D-Walk. I can only place Ginn higher than Bogan, simply because I haven't seen him play, and the TEs Byham & Peelle because they are not meant to be threats in the passing game.

There is a group of pictures from Niners training camp a month after the Niners traded for Ginn that I wish I could find, but the pictures show Ginn catching passes with his eyes closed. I remember at the time thinking how Ginn was gonna be a complete bust for SF as well, but his decent return game has pleasantly surprised me.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage of having a regular returner like Ginn, with speed and quickness to a hole that the opponent has to respect, cannot be understated. His surehandedness (on kicks if not passes) and consistent returns have helped give us the great field position vs. our opponents that the 9ers have thrived on this season. I've also seen him make very good offensive plays on those quick pitches lately, and he would've had six on that long pass in Baltimore if not for a very questionable chop-block call that Ginn had nothing to do with. imho despite a couple of boneheaded plays (e.g. the bounce off him for an INT), his overall play has aided the team. 13-3 doesn't come out of nowhere.
Flame away, call me a Ginnsexual or whatever madness you want, he belongs in this team.

No homo, but that sounds like a drink.... lol

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Worm my way out - WTF are you talking about? When I have EVER wormed my way out of this conversation? When you and Imac were sharing dick stories about it, did I avoid it or sneak around it? Nope, I got in your face and called you the liar that you are. That doesn't sound like someone trying to avoid anything to me.

Should I infer from this latest attempt to get ME to explain what you already know but simply don't have the integrity to admit that you are content just lying about it?

Like you said, liar, it is real simple, what was the context of the/our conversation before, during and after I made that comment? Did it have ANYTHING to do with who were the BETTER wr's? I think not.

Yes, you called me a liar. What you haven't done is defend your statement that Ginn would be our hands-down #1 receiver if he learned to concentrate. That is worming your way out of it.

I have provided the context from the prior Crabtree conversation ad nauseum. As said, your statement was a direct response to my statement that Crabtree was one of our top two WRs. If you weren't intending to say the others were as good or better, I have no idea what context you were drawing on. SO POINT IT OUT. Or, yet again, just worm your way out.

By the way, still waiting for you to prove me a liar. That will actually require you to link to something I said in the past that I knew was false when I said it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think Ginn has made a great contribution in the return game. I think Williams could do a fine job replacing him, but we'd probably lose something. I also think Ginn has added something with the end-arounds. He's even added something in the receiving game, just not very much for a guy who has been our second or third receiver in almost every game this season given all the injuries.

MW's claim that a lack of concentration is the only thing preventing him from being our #1 receiver is preposterous for two reasons.

First, that argument overlooks other major flaws in his game, such as (and if you've been reading this thread, it's about the fifth time I've listed these, so I apologize; some people require a lot of repetition) his poor hands even when concentrating, his poor route running, his lack of quickness in the short area, his lack of strength, his lack of awareness, and his propensity to go out of bounds instead of trying to cut back in.

Second, the argument implies that improving his concentration is a relatively simple task that can be easily accomplished. Ginn has been in the league for five years. If it's that easy to flip the switch and improve his pass-catching, why hasn't he done it?

If you think that Ginn is close to being a #1 receiver, I disagree. If you think that he's a tolerable third receiver and a pretty good fourth receiver who brings a lot to the return game and an element of diversity with his ability on reverses, then we're pretty close to one another. And if he's willing to be paid like that guy, I have no problem bringing him back so long as we address at least one of the WR spots ahead of him in the offseason.