• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not against bringing Morgan back, but I'd much rather get a #1 WR, and I think Morgan deserves more money than a typical #3.

imac its not "Ginn over Morgan" it's Ginn + a #1 WR over Morgan + a RS.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where does Morgan fit in? I think he's pretty likely to return, and I would absolutely have him above Ginn.

We have what is known as a 'mess of potential' at the #2/3 WR spot...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have what is known as a 'mess of potential' at the #2/3 WR spot...

So about those questions I asked...

Or just this single one: if Ginn is as talented as you seem to think he is in the areas you have specifically mentioned, why is his production so poor?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So about those questions I asked...

Or just this single one: if Ginn is as talented as you seem to think he is in the areas you have specifically mentioned, why is his production so poor?

What makes you think his production was poor? Poor relative to whom or what?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ginn outplayed swain. guess we can give him that

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What makes you think his production was poor? Poor relative to whom or what?

Six games, including one of the three that he started, without a catch. He broke 30 yards in a game three times, and 40 yards in a game once. He didn't have a TD. How would you characterize his production? Are you satisfied with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you satisfied with his production? Six games, including one of the three that he started, without a catch. He broke 30 yards in a game three times, and 40 yards in a game once. He didn't have a TD. How would you characterize his production?

You didn't answer my question - What makes you think his production was poor? Poor relative to whom or what?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You didn't answer my question - What makes you think his production was poor? Poor relative to whom or what?

Poor relative to himself in his role in our offense. He was on the field for 40% of our plays prior to injury, and a considerably higher proportion of passing plays, yet his production was minimal and his impact plays were practically nonexistent.

Now why don't you answer my question. If he's as good as you would have us believe, why isn't he our #1 receiver? Or our #2?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Poor relative to himself in his role in our offense. He was on the field for 40% of our plays prior to injury, and a considerably higher portion of passing plays, yet his production was minimal and his impact plays were practically nonexistent.

Poor relative to himself in his role in our offense? What does that even mean? Perhaps if you explain what that means, maybe I'll agree with you and that would answer your question as well.

Also, you added a couple more claims that if you can quantify and qualify, again, perhaps I'll further agree with you:

You seemed to suggest that a considerably higher proportion of his time on the field were passing plays,...What numbers do you have because I'm showing something completely different.

Also, you are claiming that Ginn's "...production was minimal and his impact plays were practically nonexistent."

Comparatively and statistically speaking I'm seeing relatively normal production from him and his role; and, finally, what do you mean by his impact plays are practically nonexistent?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it wasn't for ginn's return ability he wouldn't even be in the nfl. that about sums up ginn's production

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would love to bring Ginn back as a returner but can Kyle return kicks? If so I would let Ginn go and bring back Morgan. Crabs, Williams, Morgan and if we can get a true #1 WR in the offseason we would be good. Don't forget Morgan was our leading WR when he got hurt.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would love to bring Ginn back as a returner but can Kyle return kicks? If so I would let Ginn go and bring back Morgan. Crabs, Williams, Morgan and if we can get a true #1 WR in the offseason we would be good. Don't forget Morgan was our leading WR when he got hurt.

Don't remind me...Ugh!!! I miss me some Joshua Morgan!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

williams isn't a return guy. if we don't bring back ginn we're gonna have to get someone else.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Are you honestly accusing someone of not answering a question? Crimson has asked you point blank multiple times in this thread to answer questions which you haven't even attempted to answer.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you honestly accusing someone of not answering a question? Crimson has asked you point blank multiple times in this thread to answer questions which you haven't even attempted to answer.

And neither has he - now move along

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Poor relative to himself in his role in our offense? What does that even mean? Perhaps if you explain what that means, maybe I'll agree with you and that would answer your question as well.

Also, you added a couple more claims that if you can quantify and qualify, again, perhaps I'll further agree with you:

You seemed to suggest that a considerably higher proportion of his time on the field were passing plays,...What numbers do you have because I'm showing something completely different.

Also, you are claiming that Ginn's "...production was minimal and his impact plays were practically nonexistent."

Comparatively and statistically speaking I'm seeing relatively normal production from him and his role; and, finally, what do you mean by his impact plays are practically nonexistent?

Maybe you should define Ginn's role in your eyes, because I would consider the #2/#3 WR who is supposed to be the deep threat to be his role this year.

He had only 19 catches in 4 games, had the lowest ypc on the team among WRs who caught more than 3 passes and didn't score.

Do you feel he had good production?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And neither has he - now move along

Gotcha. You can't answer the questions and don't want to be asked anymore.

Let's try a real easy one for you.

In your opinion is Ginn the best WR on the team?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe you should define Ginn's role in your eyes, because I would consider the #2/#3 WR who is supposed to be the deep threat to be his role this year.

He had only 19 catches in 4 games, had the lowest ypc on the team among WRs who caught more than 3 passes and didn't score.

Do you feel he had good production?

So are you are claiming he was a recieving target ahead of Morgan, Edwards, Walker & Davis? Wow, that is news to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So are you claiming he was a recieving target ahead of Morgan, Edwards, Walker & Davis? Wow, that is news to me...

I will say he was a receiving target ahead of Morgan for 11 games. Also for at least 8 games he was ahead of Edwards.

He had many more targets than Morgan (nearly double), 1 less target than Edwards and 2 less than Morgan. I would say he was pretty close.

What do your numbers tell you about how many snaps Ginn played compared to Morgan and Edwards in particular?

Do you feel he had good production for his role in the offense?