• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabs contract?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more years do we have him locked up for? And do you think we will resign him, seems like hes starting to come around and could be a stud WR, hes only 24 yet

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more years do we have him locked up for? And do you think we will resign him, seems like hes starting to come around and could be a stud WR, hes only 24 yet

Through 2014 - I can't imagine we would even consider extending Crabtree until after next year at the earliest.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Through 2014 - I can't imagine we would even consider extending Crabtree until after next year at the earliest.

yep, agree he's not up for an extension. there's just too much he has to prove, not just stats.

isn't Navvaro Bowman currently at the top of the list? granted, things can easily change after this season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, agree he's not up for an extension. there's just too much he has to prove, not just stats.

isn't Navvaro Bowman currently at the top of the list? granted, things can easily change after this season.

Yes. All things being equal or better than last year he will see some new numbers before the start of next season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need stud recievers? yes... but is Harbaugh's offense "very" dependent on having stud wrs or just good ones to run with?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the feeling that the 49ers are only going to get one great year out of Crabtree. In 2014 when he is playing for a big free agent contract. By that I mean he is going to step up his game to 5 yard receptions instead of 3 yard catches... I'm stoked!!!!! Watch out single season yardage record, I hope you're not afraid of heights when Crabs puts in 1000 yards and elevates you even higher on the list!!!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the feeling that the 49ers are only going to get one great year out of Crabtree. In 2014 when he is playing for a big free agent contract. By that I mean he is going to step up his game to 5 yard receptions instead of 3 yard catches... I'm stoked!!!!! Watch out single season yardage record, I hope you're not afraid of heights when Crabs puts in 1000 yards and elevates you even higher on the list!!!

If that year isn't voided.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that year isn't voided.

You don't understand the contract - The void clause was a performance based clause owned by Crabtree - not Baalke. Crabtree can no longer reach the escalators to trigger the void clause and therefore the contract cannot be voided. Crabtree is ours until the end of 2014 or until we shitcan him or extend him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we had the Bowman discussion during the end of last season. It comes down to how much he wants. Assuming he will want a similar contract to PW's contract do we really pay 2 ILB's that kind of money? I think the decision has to be made at the end of the year. If not, then we may have to see if a team will sign him as a RFA. We may get some good value back if somebody is willing to pick him up.

As for Crabtree, he needs to have a great year and some clutchness (i realize that's not a word) in the playoffs. Even then It's still only 1 good year. He needs to make huge strides to be considered for a contract extension.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we can get a late 1st for bowman and go with grant next year

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't understand the contract - The void clause was a performance based clause owned by Crabtree - not Baalke. Crabtree can no longer reach the escalators to trigger the void clause and therefore the contract cannot be voided. Crabtree is ours until the end of 2014 or until we shitcan him or extend him.

Bummer. I was hoping we'd void stamp him next year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bowman, if he duplicates or improves from last season, real really set himself well IMO as a FA.... Niners should get something out of him if he can't be kept on the squad

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I'm the minority in this but I'm happy we have him for 3 more years at least. I think he's going to turn into a great WR

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I'm the minority in this but I'm happy we have him for 3 more years at least. I think he's going to turn into a great WR

Yeah, Baalke made Crabby pay for his holdout - Love it!

As for my honest feelings - I'm not a fan but I'm totally against him either. I want Crabtree to have a sensational year - I really do. But if he doesn't show up this year, then between his general attitude and performance I would rather see his targets go to someone else.

Sometimes I just get the sense that Crabtree is just going through the motions and that, I am tired of feeling. What do you think, Badger?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you my friend, I feel he half asses at times however himself, coaches and teammates have said he's healthy for the 1st time and he had a good year last year so i believe he takes another step towards being a really good WR, however I have been wrong more then I have been right

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have felt he has displayed apathy as well, but his teammates and coaches have spoken very highly of his work ethic, so IDK. I'm not really sure what to think, but if he blows up and plays like a true #1 I will be ecstatic.