• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs. Redskins Rivalry WTF?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys and Redskins rivalry is a great one. Never heard anyone talk down on this one.

Yes it is. Last nites game will go down as a memorable one...both skins and Boys fans have a long list of note worthy games historically. Always fun to see them duke it out :suds:

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are Jerry Jones, you want ole Jerry to go the F away. End of story. He's been a grease fire since he bought the Cowboys.

Just keep shriveling up, old man. Just keep shriveling up!

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another case where the two teams meet and you can throw out the records.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love these college guys coming onto the NFL board. I figured if they would understand anything it would be rivalries as that is pretty much what college football is based on with so much history. They can't think they are the only group that has that right? Every team has that one team that they just cannot wait to beat. For me even when the Raiders are horrible like they have been for the past 10 years I celebrate probably more than any other win during the regular season when the Broncos beat them. I can't stand that team. It is the same for the Redskins and Cowboys. They can't stand each other even if one of the teams or both of the teams stink. It is a great classic rivalry that has been historically the top rivalry in all the NFL.

Thank you.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys/redskins has always been THE rivalry in the east, eagles fans try real hard but they have no history of success so they're just the little brother eating scraps from our NFC east table.

:pound: You do realize it's closer to 2020 then 1993, you know 1993 the last time the Cowgirls were even talked about .....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys-Redskins rivalry even predates the Super Bowl. The old Redskins owner back in the 60s allegedly attempted to prevent the Dallas Cowboys from even becoming a franchise.

In the 70s, George Allen came to the Redskins the year after the Cowboys finally won their first Super Bowl and one of the first things he did was create a real hatred (playing the disrespect card, of course) between his players and those of the Cowboys. Included in the Allen years were accusations that the Cowboys were spying on Redskins practices, Allen was offering cash bonuses to players who could put Roger Staubach out of the game, a relative of George Allen's actually getting caught spying on a Cowboys practice from up in a tree...

There was no free agency in those days and there was no way in hell a guy would play for the Redskins one year and then the Cowboys the next.

Those wacky 70s were some fun times!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....

Did you notice the GRUDEN N CO....didn't use the word REDSKINS..

"Washington is bringing the all on blitz look" "Washington might want to leave MCCOY in for another week." Scardy cats..

Yes they did. At least Gruden did. I heard him say "Redskins" more than once

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. Someone explain the whole Cowboys vs.Redskins rivalry. The two teams are not geographically close. And the whole "cowboys and indians thang is stupid on the face of it. Maybe I'm biased because I'm more of a college football fan.

But all that aside. I will hate the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones. End of story.

Are you serious? If you live in South Carolina I can guarantee that you have quite a few Boys & Skins fans in your backyard. Ask them about the rivalry. Just about any teams that are in the same division & have been around for awhile are going to be rivals - especially if one of those teams is Dallas.

BTW - Dale Earnhart Jr. is a huge Redskins fan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are Jerry Jones, you want ole Jerry to go the F away. End of story. He's been a grease fire since he bought the Cowboys.

Just keep shriveling up, old man. Just keep shriveling up!

First off Jerry Jones is great for football...maybe not for the Cowboys winning but he is a master at selling the product of the NFL. There is a reason that the Cowboys are the #1 valued franchise in all the NFL and Jerry Jones is a big part of that. Yes they have their history so that helps but they have been average at best for years yet the Cowboys are still one of the most talked about franchises in the entire NFL. It is why the media is going so crazy right now with the Cowboys actually being relevant again.

Also just because the Redskins and Cowboys haven't done a lot for many years doesn't mean they are any less important to the NFL. The rivalry is still considered a top-5 one in the NFL today. Look at some of the college programs that used to be monsters every year like that of Michigan. Even though they stink right now the Michigan State/Michigan game is still one that fans of both sides look forward to every year.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: You do realize it's closer to 2020 then 1993, you know 1993 the last time the Cowgirls were even talked about .....

The last time I checked the Cowboys went to the NFC Championship game in 1994 and won the Super Bowl the next year. In the 1996 season they made it to the Divisional round. Not sure where you get that 1993 was the last time they were talked about.:noidea: