• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why The COWBOYS Lose In The Prescott Era

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not meant to blame Dak Prescott by himself..........Won and Loss records are a TEAM stat.

Since 2016...... the COWBOYS vs. Winning Teams (teams with 9 win seasons or better) when Dak Prescott has been the starter.
13 Wins 21 Loses ........The COWBOYS (under Prescott) have lost 9 out of the last 11 games vs winning teams.

Prescott stats vs winning teams:
64.7 percent completion average (which is good)
265 Yards per game average
42 TD passes / 29 interceptions (including post season)
passer rating of 88.9

Zeke Elliot vs winning teams ..........85 Yards a game........3.4 Yards a carry..........19 Carries a game ........11-- 100+ yard games out of 34

Zeke's vs all teams..... yards per game has steadily decreased over the last 5 seasons.....108......98.....95..........85.....65
.........an O line problem

The defense
, just this season vs all teams, allowed 2541 YARDS RUSHING........that is 158.8 yards rushing PER GAME..........20 Rushing TDs
....................no D line

Coaching is a whole different subject...........trying two fake punts in a game vs Atlanta.......failed???? Trying a reverse on a fake punt????
Some of McCarthy's decisions are frighteningly stupid.

then there is Jerry Jones.............enough said

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1615495182220.png

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not meant to blame Dak Prescott by himself..........Won and Loss records are a TEAM stat.

Since 2016...... the COWBOYS vs. Winning Teams (teams with 9 win seasons or better) when Dak Prescott has been the starter.
13 Wins 21 Loses ........The COWBOYS (under Prescott) have lost 9 out of the last 11 games vs winning teams.

passer rating of 88.9

Zeke Elliot vs winning teams ..........85 Yards a game........3.4 Yards a carry..........19 Carries a game ........11-- 100+ yard games out of 34

Zeke's vs all teams..... yards per game has steadily decreased over the last 5 seasons.....108......98.....95..........85.....65

The defense
, just this season vs all teams, allowed 2541 YARDS RUSHING........that is 158.8 yards rushing PER GAME..........20 Rushing TDs

Coaching is a whole different subject...........trying two fake punts in a game vs Atlanta.......failed???? Trying a reverse on a fake punt????

Dak played well in all playoff games. Defense and special teams have sucked in all phases

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played well in all playoff games. Defense and special teams have sucked in all phases
I would agree.
Dak has a passer rating of 95.7 in post season.........64% completion percentage.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOY'S Oline and Dline need to be addressed in a big way.
The COWBOYS paid 164 million for a QB, 90 million for an RB, 100 million for a WR......It might help to protect a QB with a great Oline.
And the COWBOY'S rushing attack has gone down hill in the last five seasons.

It doesn't matter how many points the COWBOYS score if the DLine gives up 158 yards a game rushing.
And it doesn't matter who is playing DB for THE BOYS, if there is NO pass rush.

And the COWBOY'S LBs are ??????????????????

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOY'S Oline and Dline need to be addressed in a big way.
The COWBOYS paid 164 million for a QB, 90 million for an RB, 100 million for a WR......It might help to protect a QB with a great Oline.
And the COWBOY'S rushing attack has gone down hill in the last five seasons.

It doesn't matter how many points the COWBOYS score if the DLine gives up 158 yards a game rushing.
And it doesn't matter who is playing DB for THE BOYS, if there is NO pass rush.

And the COWBOY'S LBs are ??????????????????
I am ok with Antwan Woods rotating in on DL. I am not ok with him being the starter. Need a bigger body, preferably a younger FA or a draft pick to start at 1tech. Until they do the Cowboys defense will be gashed. Even Suh would be better at 1tech than Woods. Malcom Brown would be a good fit

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

passer rating of 88.9

The defense

Would it not be easier to just say ... "I need attention"?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with Antwan Woods rotating in on DL. I am not ok with him being the starter. Need a bigger body, preferably a younger FA or a draft pick to start at 1tech. Until they do the Cowboys defense will be gashed. Even Suh would be better at 1tech than Woods. Malcom Brown would be a good fit
agree. I like Woods as a backup. If we could upgrade both starting DT spots and let all of our current guys compete for snaps I'd be thrilled. I really like Gallimore rotating in too and think he will be a player for us.

Trystan Hill...guy spends more time on his back and getting pushed to the 2nd and 3rd level than he does doing anything of value, but like so many Cowboy defenders over the past decade we keep reading how he good he is. Are Dallas writers unable to understand football or just brainwashed by our "brain trust" :noidea: He may someday prove to be a player but it hasn't yet shown itself between the lines on game day

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 11 of the 34 games vs winning teams, the COWBOYS have scored 14 points or less.
In 8 of those 11 games, the COWBOYS have scored 10 points or less. And they were shutout once.
The problem, is not all on the COWBOY'S defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. I like Woods as a backup. If we could upgrade both starting DT spots and let all of our current guys compete for snaps I'd be thrilled. I really like Gallimore rotating in too and think he will be a player for us.

Trystan Hill...guy spends more time on his back and getting pushed to the 2nd and 3rd level than he does doing anything of value, but like so many Cowboy defenders over the past decade we keep reading how he good he is. Are Dallas writers unable to understand football or just brainwashed by our "brain trust" :noidea: He may someday prove to be a player but it hasn't yet shown itself between the lines on game day
I thought Hill was a complete bust. Still not sure about him,but he has potential to not be a bust. He needs coached up. I thought Crawford was a progress stopper. Time to use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a 1 tech.