• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs Bengals

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time I've been pumped for a preseason game in a while. The Bengals night be the best overall team in the AFC this year, in fact, other than QB, I think the Bengals and Texans are the best. To me, Dalton is a lot like Schaub, a good QB, but maybe not good enough. Should be a great tune up for the Cowboys to see where they are

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the Bengals and on Houston. Don't really see either being special. But, I guess I really haven't thought much about who was the best team in the AFC may be. I'll go Denver. Peyton versus Dalton is quite a difference maker to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the Bengals and on Houston. Don't really see either being special. But, I guess I really haven't thought much about who was the best team in the AFC may be. I'll go Denver. Peyton versus Dalton is quite a difference maker to me.

I think the only reason both teams aren't in the AFC Championship is their QB. I think if you put any top 10 QB on either team, they are Super Bowl caliber. Forget Aaron Rodgers, put Tony Romo on either squad and I think they are there. Give Romo the running game and defense of both teams, and its over

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver lost its center and left tackle so far this preseason. Denver is way over rated, Manning and nothing around him. And they have their best defensive player out for 6 games. I'm taking the Kansas City Chiefs to win the west and make afc championship game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver lost its center and left tackle so far this preseason. Denver is way over rated, Manning and nothing around him. And they have their best defensive player out for 6 games. I'm taking the Kansas City Chiefs to win the west and make afc championship game.

I have to disagree about Manning not having anything around him, he has great weapons. I like your KC pick though, I think they will win 9 games. I think the Rams, Cards, Buc's and Bills will all be much improved too, though St Louis and Arizona are in a killer division

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick is the Bengals or the Texans to come out of the AFC. I don't think they they can beat any team in the NFC thats a top team though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick is the Bengals or the Texans to come out of the AFC. I don't think they they can beat any team in the NFC thats a top team though.

I think they are similar teams to SF and Seattle, great teams with just good QB's. It will be interesting to see if any of the ''great'' QB's can get it done this year, Rodgers, Brees, Manning or Brady. I think the Packers are looking pretty tough in the NFC

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they packs will take a step back, don't know why just a gut feeling.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton has won a lot of regular season games with nothing around him. It just hasn't always translated in the playoffs. Denver is as big of a lock to win the West as the Pats are to win the East.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has won a lot of regular season games with nothing around him. It just hasn't always translated in the playoffs. Denver is as big of a lock to win the West as the Pats are to win the East.

Agree about Denver in the west. I don't even see it as close, but I think Miami will squeak by NE. I think Buffalo challenges NE too. I won't do a double take if NE ends up 3rd. All three team are safe from the cellar though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason both teams aren't in the AFC Championship is their QB.

So.... tom brady passing for 344 yards and 3 TDs had nothing to do with Houston's loss?!?

Houston Defense gave up 41 points and only had 91 rushing yards, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... tom brady passing for 344 yards and 3 TDs had nothing to do with Houston's loss?!?

Houston Defense gave up 41 points and only had 91 rushing yards, too.

N.E. was the better team that day. Houston isn't the first D to be lit up by Brady. They are still as good a Defense as there is in the AFC, including your very tough Bengals

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N.E. was the better team that day. Houston isn't the first D to be lit up by Brady. They are still as good a Defense as there is in the AFC, including your very tough Bengals

.... but..... you said - quote: "I think the only reason both teams aren't in the AFC Championship is their QB"!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... but..... you said - quote: "I think the only reason both teams aren't in the AFC Championship is their QB"!!!

And that is correct. Dalton and Schaub are the weak links on their teams IMO. If the Texans had a stronger QB in the NE game, the entire outcome might have been different. Much like your Bengals

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 68/1 to win the AFC West and 64/1 to make the super bowl. K.C. is my sleeper pick this year. $100.00 on each play for an early prop bet. Before the odds drop, I plan on putting $500.00 at 12/1 for Seattle to win it all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 68/1 to win the AFC West and 64/1 to make the super bowl. K.C. is my sleeper pick this year. $100.00 on each play for an early prop bet. Before the odds drop, I plan on putting $500.00 at 12/1 for Seattle to win it all.

Nice odds on a pretty good team and a very good one

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I hope they dont get rolling until after week 2. There really isnt any easy games anymore it seems.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is correct. Dalton and Schaub are the weak links on their teams IMO. If the Texans had a stronger QB in the NE game, the entire outcome might have been different. Much like your Bengals

So.... having only one quality wide receiver (A.J. Green), a running back who can't catch (BGE = 104 yards - half as much less than Arian Foster's 217 yards or his two seasons with OVER 600 receiving yards)), an undependable tight end with suspect hands and/or lack of focus/attention (Gresham), a midget #2 receiver* who hasn't ever totaled more than 533 yards in a season, and a ROOKIE #3 receiver* who only totaled 201 yards makes it all Andy Dalton's fault?!?

*ROOKIE Marvin Jones only became the #3 receiver when ROOKIE #2 Mohamed Sanu went down with a season ending injury in the 3rd game of the 2012 season (Sanu's injury elevated 2nd year dwarf Hawkins to the team's #2 receiver).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... having only one quality wide receiver (A.J. Green), a running back who can't catch (BGE = 104 yards - half as much less than Arian Foster's 217 yards or his two seasons with OVER 600 receiving yards)), an undependable tight end with suspect hands and/or lack of focus/attention (Gresham), a midget #2 receiver* who hasn't ever totaled more than 533 yards in a season, and a ROOKIE #3 receiver* who only totaled 201 yards makes it all Andy Dalton's fault?!?

*ROOKIE Marvin Jones only became the #3 receiver when ROOKIE #2 Mohamed Sanu went down with a season ending injury in the 3rd game of the 2012 season (Sanu's injury elevated 2nd year dwarf Hawkins to the team's #2 receiver).

I really dont know what you are crying about. Dalton has an OL that is very good. BGE ran for 1000 yards last season, then the Bengals draft Bernard as the first RB taken. Gresham is talented, and then they took Eifert, who will be outstanding. AJ Green is one of the best in the game. And the Bengals have a solid D. If the Bengals don't win a playoff game or two with that, yeah, I think Dalton might be out of a job

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont know what you are crying about. Dalton has an OL that is very good. BGE ran for 1000 yards last season, then the Bengals draft Bernard as the first RB taken. Gresham is talented, and then they took Eifert, who will be outstanding. AJ Green is one of the best in the game. And the Bengals have a solid D. If the Bengals don't win a playoff game or two with that, yeah, I think Dalton might be out of a job

It is because of the scenario that I presented that they chose Eifert and Bernard.

GET IT ?!?

Under-productive receiving by running backs (in this passing NFL), disappointing drops and consistency at tight end (Gresham led NFL tight ends in dropped passes - a nightmare in the pass happy NFL on 3rd downs when your undrafted #2 receiver and 5th round #3 receiver can't consistently get separation from opponent's defensive backs).