• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Sign LSU OT La'el Collins

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason why every team shied away from Collins. The kid was a top 10 talent that went completely undrafted, right? Maybe there were numerous things that kept teams away, I don't really know.

For what its worth, I think Gregory might be a real smart and stand up guy, but he definitely has issues off the field. He's a boom or bust type with the NFL drug policies in place.

As for Hardy and Brent, there's really no reason for Dallas to have guys like that on the team. If they were just average players, no way Dallas keeps/takes either of them.

Teams were afraid of the What if he's named a suspect and tried on the case. Just because he had an alibi doesn't mean he didn't have the job done.

As for Hardy the reason he's on the team is the reason you gave. It's his talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason why every team shied away from Collins. The kid was a top 10 talent that went completely undrafted, right? Maybe there were numerous things that kept teams away, I don't really know.

For what its worth, I think Gregory might be a real smart and stand up guy, but he definitely has issues off the field. He's a boom or bust type with the NFL drug policies in place.

As for Hardy and Brent, there's really no reason for Dallas to have guys like that on the team. If they were just average players, no way Dallas keeps/takes either of them.

If Dallas dumped both Hardy and Brent, another team would be there to swoop them up the same day. You act like Dallas is the only team with troubled players on it. As for Brent he made a bad choice to drink and drive with his friend in the car, never mind that his friend made a bad choice to get in the car with him knowing he was drunk. Does that make Brent a bad person? I don't think anyone on earth feels worse about what happened then Brent does, well outside of Browns mother. Yet she forgave Brent and was glad Dallas did too.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brent has been nothing but average his entire time in Dallas. It's about the person here.
Rant on about hardy but I still think many teams wished they had signed the deal Hardy signed. Low risk make good deal IF there ever was one

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas dumped both Hardy and Brent, another team would be there to swoop them up the same day. You act like Dallas is the only team with troubled players on it. As for Brent he made a bad choice to drink and drive with his friend in the car, never mind that his friend made a bad choice to get in the car with him knowing he was drunk. Does that make Brent a bad person? I don't think anyone on earth feels worse about what happened then Brent does, well outside of Browns mother. Yet she forgave Brent and was glad Dallas did too.

I doubt Brent is on the team still if not for Jerry Brown's mother. She was in Brent's corner and advocated on his behalf to stay with the team. She must have really tugged at Jerry's heart strings for Brent to have been given this much rope.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years for $1.7M on a guy that was supposed to be a 1st round OT? Yes please. :)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Brent is on the team still if not for Jerry Brown's mother. She was in Brent's corner and advocated on his behalf to stay with the team. She must have really tugged at Jerry's heart strings for Brent to have been given this much rope.
I think she had a voice but I also think Dallas management wanted to help the person as well.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams were afraid of the What if he's named a suspect and tried on the case. Just because he had an alibi doesn't mean he didn't have the job done.

As for Hardy the reason he's on the team is the reason you gave. It's his talent.

Collins ordering the hit is certainly possible, but now that we know the baby wasn't his, and with the lack of any other evidence, what would be the motive for him to do so?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know she did, and it takes a strong woman to do what she did. I also know that Brent had the backing of his fellow players as well. He made a horrible choice, still doesn't make him a horrible person. Could you even imagine what he lives with everyday? It would be different for me had he shown no remorse, but he did.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins ordering the hit is certainly possible, but now that we know the baby wasn't his, and with the lack of any other evidence, what would be the motive for him to do so?

Not to mention he passed a polygraph.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know she did, and it takes a strong woman to do what she did. I also know that Brent had the backing of his fellow players as well. He made a horrible choice, still doesn't make him a horrible person. Could you even imagine what he lives with everyday? It would be different for me had he shown no remorse, but he did.

As a man who has made many mistakes, I can certainly feel for Brent in some respects. He made a mistake that many of us do at one point or another -- the difference is he got burned for his poor decision and a close friend of his ended up losing their life. I thought it was a very classy move of the organization and Brent's mother to fully support Josh. And I believe there is value in helping someone overcome a hardhship, such as what Dallas has tried to do with Josh Brent.

Now, I think the time has come for Brent to either perform or be cut. Dallas has held his hand long enough.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trust me I am in no way saying he was involved, just that he had to be looked just in case. I have said from the beginning he got screwed by the timing of this.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This line could be so good that they don't need a nickname, they are just known as "THE line".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS...the tears of our rivals are extra sweet today. To hear them crying about all the "potential criminals" en sech :pound:

Tell me what person with a pulse isn't a "potential criminal"? Fucking dipshits. lol

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS...the tears of our rivals are extra sweet today. To hear them crying about all the "potential criminals" en sech :pound:

Tell me what person with a pulse isn't a "potential criminal"? Fucking dipshits. lol

Pretty obvious some people aren't up on the Collins news. Well that and they're butthurt he chose Dallas.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary now how young and good this OL could be. Jerry still serves a purpose within this organization, the ultimate salesman. If they can now secure a stud RB, this team will soar with an improved D.
You can plug in any back behind that big OL.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you share an opinion on someone, that in itself doesn't make you right about a person. You, Earl, nor I, can never ever judge anyone. We all have our faults I'm absolutely positive of this. If Hardy screws up again and can't act right going forward, he will have only ended his career in the league here. No one human being is perfect with no mistakes in life, only hypocrites really believe that they can judge others. Only he can make the decision to better himself. But if it was one unfortunate incident with him that doesn't happen again, this team may have helped itself in a big need area, and also helped someone save their career. You don't win in this league with all choir boys, it also takes talent....whether you two choose to believe that or not. I really believe that the World Trade center reference was just an immature comment, and that he never meant it in a facetious way.

This doesn't make any sense to me. How can no ever judge another person but at the same time, if Hardy screws up he will end his career? Doesn't that mean that someone does get to judge him, like Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett? Doesn't the comish get to judge him? Doesn't the arbiter get to judge him? Or what about a judge or a jury of his peers? Don't they get to judge him?

This whole notion of no one ever being able to judge another person has become an epidemic in our society. I bet if a person were coming at you with a ski mask on in the middle of a summer night with a knife in one hand you would judge him on the spot, even with your faults. I know I would. I might even become his executioner.

Point is: we do get to and have to judge people, all the time.