• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Sign LSU OT La'el Collins

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RBs still need to have vision. Look at Trent Richardson. He is God awful. He would suck behind this Oline.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming his legal issues clear up, this is a good sign. For all Garrett's talk about getting character guys in the locker room, Dallas sure doesn't seem to follow that motto.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming his legal issues clear up, this is a good sign. For all Garrett's talk about getting character guys in the locker room, Dallas sure doesn't seem to follow that motto.
hardy & Gregory makes your point somewhat.
Collins? Not so much

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hardy & Gregory makes your point somewhat.
Collins? Not so much

Don't forget Josh Brent

I don't think Collins has been named a suspect in the case, but its the reason why every other team shied away from him.

If you can play on the field, the cowboys don't care what you've done off it. Their actions speak for themselves.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just have to look at things objectively. Garrett, Stephen and Jerry, has said that they believe in giving players second chances. After all, these are early twenties immature kids that are prone to making mistakes in life. They are just too inexperienced, and in today's society where weed is prevalent throughout our society and even ACCEPTABLE in some states, how can you then disregard any player completely? Times has changed. This simply is not just the same NFL anymore...ask the Broncos who've just moved up in the draft for a player caught in possession of marijuana the week of the draft. I was walking down the boardwalk in Venice beach in LA recently, and they had LEGAL weed for sale signs EVERYWHERE ON THE BOARDWALK. If these kids want to throw away millions on a high, or just can't keep their act together for whatever reason, they will be gone eventually. I just don't see this team dragging their brand down because of any one player, or what they can offer this team. Garrett has also stated on numerous occasions that he believes that they can make these troubled kids "one of those guys", meaning transforming them from knuckleheads to productive citizens because of their rehab program structure already in place...it worked for Dez. Do we now just throw this troubled kids/players away and forget about them forever?? Also, Collins was not even named as a suspect, and passed polygraph and paternity test in this murder investigation, so how does that even make him a bad apple or even count here as one??

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Josh Brent

I don't think Collins has been named a suspect in the case, but its the reason why every other team shied away from him.

If you can play on the field, the cowboys don't care what you've done off it. Their actions speak for themselves.
naturally I disagree with your premonition here and opinions vary greatly on all that Josh Brent is as a person. I think many people would like to take back the decisions made on a particular evening. I can't lump josh brent, Gregory or really even greg hardy in with Hernandez. I understand people will point fingers and judge. Thanks for your thoughts

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Greg Hardy is a piece of shit. He confirmed that after the 9/11 remarks and would have no issue if Dallas flat out cut him. Gregory is a head case as well but at least he acknowledges his faults and is doing what he can to better himself. It's big of a person to admit their faults, and Gregory has done that. Now if he goes on twitter to say some stupid shit or does gets caught smoking more weed again, then obviously my opinion changes on him.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Pday, people make mistakes and bad choices everyday, doesn't mean they are a bad person. I think this kid was screwed out of being drafted just because someone he knew was murdered. He passed a polygraph and has never been a suspect.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Greg Hardy is a piece of shit. He confirmed that after the 9/11 remarks and would have no issue if Dallas flat out cut him. Gregory is a head case as well but at least he acknowledges his faults and is doing what he can to better himself. It's big of a person to admit their faults, and Gregory has done that. Now if he goes on twitter to say some stupid shit or does gets caught smoking more weed again, then obviously my opinion changes on him.

I agree Earl, and its not like if Dallas hadn't drafted or picked these guys up, some other team would have.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree hardy is a classless POS. I don't like the guy at all.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Pday, people make mistakes and bad choices everyday, doesn't mean they are a bad person. I think this kid was screwed out of being drafted just because someone he knew was murdered. He passed a polygraph and has never been a suspect.
and had 10 or more witnesses that will tell you he was in New Orleans that night at an NBA basketball game.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hardy may or may not make it to a regular season game. I'd judge Dallas on how they handle these guys going forward.....currently I think 15 or more other NFL teams wish they woulda done what Dallas has done. Calling out Garrett at this time for believing in HIS system is petty jealousy from fans of other teams.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Earl, and its not like if Dallas hadn't drafted or picked these guys up, some other team would have.

Just because you share an opinion on someone, that in itself doesn't make you right about a person. You, Earl, nor I, can never ever judge anyone. We all have our faults I'm absolutely positive of this. If Hardy screws up again and can't act right going forward, he will have only ended his career in the league here. No one human being is perfect with no mistakes in life, only hypocrites really believe that they can judge others. Only he can make the decision to better himself. But if it was one unfortunate incident with him that doesn't happen again, this team may have helped itself in a big need area, and also helped someone save their career. You don't win in this league with all choir boys, it also takes talent....whether you two choose to believe that or not. I really believe that the World Trade center reference was just an immature comment, and that he never meant it in a facetious way.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I want to play RB for the Cowboys for the next 5 years!
I think this offseason has set the Cowboys up for years. Next season, they will likely part ways with Free, and instead of moving a 3rd rounder from swing tackle to RT, they can keep him in that roll and still have a great first 5.
I also think they let Hardy walk, with a 2nd year Gregory and 3rd year Lawrence starting
If Carr isn't gone this year, he'll be gone next, and Claiborne will produce or join him
I think the Cowboys want to see if Randle or maybe Williams can carry the RB load for a few years
Add it up, and they should have plenty of cap space to do whatever they want in looking for a post Romo QB, be it the kid they already have, a draft pick, trade or FA

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you share an opinion on someone, that in itself doesn't make you right about a person. You, Earl, nor I, can never ever judge anyone. We all have our faults I'm absolutely positive of this. If Hardy screws up again and can't act right going forward, he will have only ended his career in the league here. No one human being is perfect with no mistakes in life, only hypocrites really believe that they can judge others. Only he can make the decision to better himself. But if it was a one unfortunate incident that doesn't happen again, this team may have helped itself in a big need area and helped someone save their career. You don't win in this league with all choir boys, it also takes talent....whether you two choose to believe that or not.

Oh I agree with you, and like I said someone else would have drafted or picked these guys up had Dallas not. I know I'm in no place to judge anyone, Lord knows I have made enough mistakes in life. I do believe in second chances, but if they continue to do what got them in trouble, then they are done.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely some cause for concern with the characters that Dallas has brought in this year.

The way I see it, Collins was a victim of some terrible circumstances out of his control.

Gregory was an immature kid at Nebraska -- not a big deal to me, smoking weed is normal for kids and Gregory paid a huge price for it, now lets see if he has learned anything from it.

Hardy is his own victim, and has brought all this B.S. on himself. I had concerns about this guy before Dallas signed him, and I still do. I thought he would be on his best behavior, but his recent tweets indicate he just doesn't get it. This will be the most divisive locker room situation to watch.

Still with other question marks like Brent, Randle, and McClain there are a lot of moving parts in the locker room. Here's hoping the coaching staff can keep it under control.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have to look at things objectively. Garrett, Stephen and Jerry, has said that they believe in giving players second chances. After all, these are early twenties immature kids that are prone to making mistakes in life. They are just too inexperienced, and in today's society where weed is prevalent throughout our society and even ACCEPTABLE in some states, how can you then disregard any player completely? Times has changed. This simply is not just the same NFL anymore...ask the Broncos who've just moved up in the draft for a player caught in possession of marijuana the week of the draft. I was walking down the boardwalk in Venice beach in LA recently, and they had LEGAL weed for sale signs EVERYWHERE ON THE BOARDWALK. If these kids want to throw away millions on a high, or just can't keep their act together for whatever reason, they will be gone eventually. I just don't see this team dragging their brand down because of any one player, or what they can offer this team. Garrett has also stated on numerous occasions that he believes that they can make these troubled kids "one of those guys", meaning transforming them from knuckleheads to productive citizens because of their rehab program structure already in place...it worked for Dez. Do we now just throw this troubled kids/players away and forget about them forever?? Also, Collins was not even named as a suspect, and passed polygraph and paternity test in this murder investigation, so how does that even make him a bad apple or even count here as one??

There was a reason why every team shied away from Collins. The kid was a top 10 talent that went completely undrafted, right? Maybe there were numerous things that kept teams away, I don't really know.

For what its worth, I think Gregory might be a real smart and stand up guy, but he definitely has issues off the field. He's a boom or bust type with the NFL drug policies in place.

As for Hardy and Brent, there's really no reason for Dallas to have guys like that on the team. If they were just average players, no way Dallas keeps/takes either of them.